Pending Bill: Withold salaries of Congress if spending bills aren't approved quickly

Should Congressional salaries be held back if they can't pass bills on time?

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Cellblock2429

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2016
New York
I'm sure it will never get signed - but...
5. H.R.225 — 118th Congress (2023-2024) To provide that the salaries of Members of a House of Congress will be held in escrow if that House has not agreed to a concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2024 by April 15, 2023. Sponsor: Wittman, Robert J. [Rep.-R-VA-1] (Introduced 01/09/2023) Cosponsors: (0)Committees: House - House AdministrationLatest Action: House - 01

I'm sure it will never get signed - but...
5. H.R.225 — 118th Congress (2023-2024) To provide that the salaries of Members of a House of Congress will be held in escrow if that House has not agreed to a concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2024 by April 15, 2023. Sponsor: Wittman, Robert J. [Rep.-R-VA-1] (Introduced 01/09/2023) Cosponsors: (0)Committees: House - House AdministrationLatest Action: House - 01
"You better race through bills without people reading them, otherwise we will take your money away."

Fuck that shit.

Even if it is signed, their pay will likely be only delayed not forfeited. So what if a congress person has to wait a couple of weeks to get paid; most can easily afford it.

I think that bills should fit on one page in large print, have only one solitary theme, not a trillion dollars worth of pet rock projects in two thousand pages, front and back. Those kind of winless wonders are too expensive for middle class people to have their taxes auto-raised to pay for people purchasing gold pens to celebrate their political opponents character assassination plots like a fake impeachment based on a Steele Dossier that was filled with salacious and wrongful lies, written by an opponent's dirty tricks department like Hillary Clinton's slam on the guy who won the presidency which she lost due to that the voters of America who extremely dislike people who run from telling the truth with a fakey answer to a Grand Jurly like "I forget." only to get off the hook that one must tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth to the Grand Jury. In the Bible they would classify that pack of lies as false witness, which really gets under the fingernails of communist atheists who don't want the truth to come out because it would reflect the vaccuous minds of liars.
Down with bills that hide the truth in thousands upon thousands of words that disguise and conceal money and power grabs.

They already do that. Remember "you have to pass it, to find out what's in it"?

Not anymore. The GOP House just past new rules that require 72 hours of notice before voting on new legislation, as a means to try to eliminate backroom deals. This also would give lawmakers time to read legislation. Actually, it was that way before, but in May 2020, Democrats’ House majority adopted “same day authority” to force a vote on a bill the day it was introduced.

Forum List

Back