Pelosi's new office: $18,736 a Month

and the elite just keep eatin' our meat.

San Francisco is a high-rent city. Just ask Nancy Pelosi.

The House Speaker's district office in the new federal building in San Francisco costs a whopping $18,736 a month -- the highest rental paid by any member of the House -- or, more precisely, the highest rental paid by taxpayers on behalf of a member of the House. The rental price was reported by Roll Call on Monday.

FOXNews.com - Pelosi's New District Office Costs $18,736 a Month

Republicans with genuine gripes against Obama (and hell, i have a couple myself)...don't you hate namvet and these dumb ass threads?

I would.

This isn't a gripe against Obama. It is a gripe against Pelosi and Government spending in general.

:lol: He recommended a plane with non-stop capability. He didn't recommend any particular airframe.

Your point being?
The C-20F, the military model of the Gulfstream IV, has the range to make a nonstop DC-to-Frisco flight. And it only costs $5900/hour to operate.

Pelosi could have her security for a lot cheaper.

Which is what she typically uses (the larger plane was only used once in 2007-2008, haven't seen the data since then).

Your point being?
The C-20F, the military model of the Gulfstream IV, has the range to make a nonstop DC-to-Frisco flight. And it only costs $5900/hour to operate.

Which is what she typically uses (the larger plane was only used once in 2007-2008, haven't seen the data since then).
Good for her...if she kept it up. Considering her royal opinion of herself, though, I'm not holding my breath.

What makes this extra insane, is that there is a commercial real estate glut in downtown San Francisco right now. One can find Class A space for less than $2 per square foot. Pelosi is paying more than triple the market rate for her space - which is a pretty good metaphor for the cost of every government program.
Bet someone she knowns owns it.

So, Nancy, how's that railing against the Culture of Corruption thing working out for ya?

Her family has made a fortune in CA real estate. On a similar vein, Feinstein benefits from a bizarro pyramid scheme in which money is funneled from parking lots in SF (at least that's the story according to a certain parking lot operator of one's acquaintance). And her husband is a big feeder from the DC Cronyist Trough.

What makes this extra insane, is that there is a commercial real estate glut in downtown San Francisco right now. One can find Class A space for less than $2 per square foot. Pelosi is paying more than triple the market rate for her space - which is a pretty good metaphor for the cost of every government program.

So, Nancy, how's that railing against the Culture of Corruption thing working out for ya?

Her family has made a fortune in CA real estate. On a similar vein, Feinstein benefits from a bizarro pyramid scheme in which money is funneled from parking lots in SF (at least that's the story according to a certain parking lot operator of one's acquaintance). And her husband is a big feeder from the DC Cronyist Trough.
If I remember correctly, there was some talk about exempting American Samoa from the minimum wage increase...because they send a lot of tuna to StarKist, which is based in Pelosi's district.

Good for her...if she kept it up. Considering her royal opinion of herself, though, I'm not holding my breath.

She also used the plane less often than her Republican predecessor (he flew home just about every weekend, Pelosi averaged once a month).

She also used the plane less often than her Republican predecessor (he flew home just about every weekend, Pelosi averaged once a month).
Again, good for her. Maybe eventually, that'll cancel out the exorbitant rent she's paying for office space.

She's busy using the jet to fly elsewhere.

Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that it has obtained documents from the Air Force detailing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s use of United States Air Force aircraft for Congressional Delegations (CODELs). According to the documents, obtained by Judicial Watch through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Speaker’s military travel cost the United States Air Force $2,100,744.59 over a two-year period — $101,429.14 of which was for in-flight expenses, including food and alcohol. The following are highlights from the recent release of about 2,000 documents:

* Speaker Pelosi used Air Force aircraft to travel back to her district at an average cost of $28,210.51 per flight. The average cost of an international CODEL is $228,563.33. Of the 103 Pelosi-led congressional delegations (CODEL), 31 trips included members of the House Speaker’s family....

She's busy using the jet to fly elsewhere.

Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that it has obtained documents from the Air Force detailing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s use of United States Air Force aircraft for Congressional Delegations (CODELs). According to the documents, obtained by Judicial Watch through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Speaker’s military travel cost the United States Air Force $2,100,744.59 over a two-year period — $101,429.14 of which was for in-flight expenses, including food and alcohol. The following are highlights from the recent release of about 2,000 documents:

* Speaker Pelosi used Air Force aircraft to travel back to her district at an average cost of $28,210.51 per flight. The average cost of an international CODEL is $228,563.33. Of the 103 Pelosi-led congressional delegations (CODEL), 31 trips included members of the House Speaker’s family....
You don't expect the Speaker's family to travel with *shudder* small people, do you?

She had to have the larger plane because it was necessary for security reasons (a C-20, the plane Hastert used, can't fly from DC to California without stopping to refuel).

So what? What's wrong with refueling ? She would need to leave earlier to get to her nail appointments.

That is not a reason to rip off the taxpayers.

What's wrong with coach on a commercial airline anyway?

The landlord is an independent agency of the U.S. government. From the Roll Call article:

House Members’ district office rent is paid out of their official office accounts, called the Members’ Representational Allowances. Each Member operates under an allowance based on a formula that takes into account the distance of the district from Washington, D.C., and real estate values in the district.

When Members have their offices in federal buildings, as Pelosi does, the payments are made to the General Services Administration, which is the government’s property manager.​

Forum List

Back