Pelosi Tries, But Cheney Beats Her

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    on message:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070222/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_iraq

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,201
    I think Pelosi is too quick to defend the patriotism that no one has mentioned.

The fact is her plan will help Al Qaida. Everyone who has have a brain realizes it. One doesnt have to mention her patriotism to point out the stupidity of her actions.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    statements such as that denigrating anyone who disagrees with you certainly are presumptuous and inflammatory and do little if anything to further the course of the debate. I have a brain and I believe that Al Qaeda wins when arabs and muslims are angry with their current situation. Our departure from the mean streets of Baghdad removes an irritant that angers both sunnis and shiites alike.

4. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I'll agree on this comment because it is the Arabs alone who if they really care will stand up against al qaeda. When we leave that area it will turn into a civil war and that was going to happen when saddam was removed from power even if that was all we did in this war. That region is using our presense as an excuse they have hated each other for generations and once we leave it will be game on.

5. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    precisely...and the only thing we "gain" by prolonging our departure is more red blood spilled and more red ink.... the sunnis and shiites in Iraq were forced to coexist by a strong tyrant. In his absence, they will kill one another until they get a bellyful of it and can stomach no more. Then and only then will they sit down at the table and divvy up the resources and territory of Iraq - which was cobbled together by a bunch of Europeans at the end of the FIRST world war who hadn't a clue about the animosities between the people they were forcing together. This war has been a century in the making. Given the fact that America should be focusing on the very real threat of islamic extremism right now, this unnecessary war in Iraq is siphoning off resources, and evaporating goodwill that we could use much more effectively elsewhere.

6. Merlin

Merlin Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    You're spewing poppycock, pure and simple. Pelosi is the stupidest, most arrogant, self centered enemy that we have today.

7. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    whatever.... you're a f***king troll.

8. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

and while you're at it, what specifically did I say above that you consider "poppycock"?

I'll wait.

9. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Well the other thing would have been splitting Iraq into 3 states with 3 leaders and agendas. But as we've seen in the world these people won't be happy even when they kill each other and the world whomever they are, will have to go in and try and get these crazed race in order.
    I agree we need to focus on the threats that are real and the ones that put us in danger at home.

10. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    in the aftermath of the ottoman empire, Europe just drew arbitrary lines around stuff...they had no clue who lived there or what issues the folks had with one another...from the perspective of Europe, they were all rag headed brown skinned little monkeys anyway... sunni..shiite...kurd... who cared?