Pelosi rips Trump-era economy's 'consumer confidence'

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
This woman is a flat out liar. How little integrity can someone have to go out in front of the cameras and lie with a straight face.

Mrs. Pelosi’s remarks came during her weekly press conference after a reporter mentioned the nation’s 3.8 percent unemployment rate, prompting her to use skyrocketing consumer confidence as a kind of political litmus test.

“Well, as I said, unemployment rate is one indication,” the California Democrat said. “The fact is, and this has happened before, that people say, ‘Oh my goodness, that people are saying the unemployment rate is down, why isn’t my purchasing power increasing? … So, this isn’t just about the unemployment rate, it’s about wages rising in our country, so that consumer confidence is restored.”

Nancy Pelosi rips Trump-era economy’s ‘consumer confidence,’ which is at 18-year high

Except consumer confidence is at an 18 year high.

It is not that she is lying, she honestly doesn't have a clue.
Yes of course in spirit she is lying, in that she knows the economy has been slowly healing from 2008 and is better now than at any time during Obama's reign when she was praising the improving economy. Even though it was not as good as now.
This is what is wrong in Washington.
Both sides

This woman is a flat out liar. How little integrity can someone have to go out in front of the cameras and lie with a straight face.

Mrs. Pelosi’s remarks came during her weekly press conference after a reporter mentioned the nation’s 3.8 percent unemployment rate, prompting her to use skyrocketing consumer confidence as a kind of political litmus test.

“Well, as I said, unemployment rate is one indication,” the California Democrat said. “The fact is, and this has happened before, that people say, ‘Oh my goodness, that people are saying the unemployment rate is down, why isn’t my purchasing power increasing? … So, this isn’t just about the unemployment rate, it’s about wages rising in our country, so that consumer confidence is restored.”

Nancy Pelosi rips Trump-era economy’s ‘consumer confidence,’ which is at 18-year high

Rump does it every day, does that bother you as much as Nancy. You know Canada burned down the White House!

Rump does it every day, does that bother you as much as Nancy. You know Canada burned down the White House!
The fact that you repeated the Canada lie only proves what an ignorant pile of brainwashed shit you are.

Name the racist thing Trump ever said about blacks or gays.

Yet you fuckers yell racism every day of your stupid miserable lives.

Nearly everything you have accused Trump of has been a fucking lie. Nearly ALL OF IT.

Beginning with the COLLUSION BULLSHIT.

You are all fucking pathetic.

Pelosi's best thing ever for Republicans, hope that pathetic pile of dung keeps doing press conferences and interviews.:5_1_12024:

You get upset at the weirdest things.

Did any Republican EVER compliment Obama on the rising consumer confidence while he was in office?

Here is the 10 year flow.

United States Consumer Sentiment | 1952-2018 | Data | Chart | Calendar

Purchasing power is shot because the dollar is worth about 4 cents. It's worth about 4 cents because they print money out of thin air. Therefore, Americans get hit with the inflation tax.What's worse is the GOP adopted chained cpi into their tax bill.

That is a gradual tax increase. It's hardly noticeable now, but it's happening. In about 7 years the middle class will get hit with its full effect. It'll put people into higher tax brackets while the dollar dives farther down the hole.

As far as ''consumer confidence'', consumers don't have a clue about it. They think they got a tax break. lol.

More clearly explained from a conversation elsewhere on the web about it....

''Chained CPI is a way of measuring CPI that understates inflation’s effects on our standard of living. It does this by assuming inflation has not reduced Americans’ standard of living if, for example, people can buy hamburgers when they can no longer afford steak. This so-called full substitution ignores the fact that if individuals viewed hamburgers as a full substitute for steak they would have bought hamburgers before Fed-created inflation made steak unaffordable.

Chained CPI increases the hidden and regressive inflation tax. . The inflation tax is not even a tax on real wages. Instead it is a tax on the illusionary gains in income caused by inflation. The use of chained CPI to adjust tax brackets pushes individuals into higher tax brackets over time.''

Pelosi is actually right about purchasing power bing shot, and if we understand economic theory and monetary policy, it is clearly the case, but she doesn't say the real reason why because her party is guilty of the very same thing.

Last edited:
Apparently Pelosi is having trouble in her own district. She would look a lot smarter if she kept her mouth shut but she cant. How can you argue about the DOW at 25,000 after eight years of democrat stagnation?

The fact that you repeated the Canada lie only proves what an ignorant pile of brainwashed shit you are.

Name the racist thing Trump ever said about blacks or gays.

Yet you fuckers yell racism every day of your stupid miserable lives.

Nearly everything you have accused Trump of has been a fucking lie. Nearly ALL OF IT.

Beginning with the COLLUSION BULLSHIT.

You are all fucking pathetic.

Haha haha where did I say he was/is racist? Stay stupid it is who and what you are, wallow in it.

Forum List

Back