Pelosi: even if everyone had great health care, we'd have to wreck it and start over

Pelosi and Reid have been such a load of sanctimonious horse hockey.. God what a bore.

Thank goodness they have been marginalized.

Two more years of this shrew? To hell with that.

RealClearPolitics - Video - Pelosi: Even If Americans Were "Pleased" With Health Care, It Would Be "Necessary" For Reform

"If everyone in America was very, very pleased with his or her health insurance and had no complaints and had access to quality, affordable health care in our country, it still would have been necessary for us to pass the health care reform care bill because we could not sustain the system," outgoing Speaker Nancy Pelosi said at a presser on Tuesday.

How does this screeching harpy keep getting away with ignorant crap like this?

We had an OLD saying in the Navy;

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

This ignorant power hungry shrew doesn't give 2 turds in a toilet about health care, this is strictly and only a power grad for more government waste.

Im still trying to figure out how that bitch manages to tie her shoes.

This remark is as bad as the remark she made about unemployment ins. benefits helping the economy b/c it gets spent immediately :confused:
better still she said about the health care bill
we have to pass it before we know whats in it .
unquote
she is a usefull to the world as tits are to a turkey
actually, that wasnt what she said

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU[/ame]

What we need is for the government and the health insurance industry to stop subsidizing so much of the cost and then it will come down.

Insurance only adds a middle man and more overhead

US pays more and receives less for healthcare
Health insurance costs are directly related to the piles of state and federal coverage mandates.
Health Insurance costs are also directly related to the lack of competition among insurers.
Because health insurance cannot be sold across state lines, insurers are guaranteed protected markets.

While this is true, we were sold on the notion of near nothing out-of-pocket by the HMO's. Add to that a myriad of regulatons governing coverage.. and here we sit.

Public option is not the answer. A true overhaul of the regulatory web is a great start.

How can anyone who has been paying attention to the skyrocketing cost of health care actually believe that the current system is sustainable? Neither the previous (before reform) nor the current (after what actually got through out political system) is a sustainable system from the standpoint of cost containment.

We will be revisiting this issue sooner or later. I hope it is sooner.

How can anyone who has been paying attention to the skyrocketing cost of health care actually believe that the current system is sustainable? Neither the previous (before reform) nor the current (after what actually got through out political system) is a sustainable system from the standpoint of cost containment.

When it gets too expensive, people will stop buying it.

Then the price will go down.

She's nothing but background noise at this point.

IGNORE.

DONT ignore that harpy. She did more for conservatives than any stumping Palin ever did.

Keep her in the spot light and come Sep - Nov 2012 put a mic in front of her every chance you get, to simply remind people of just how fucked up the far left truly is.

Also agreed. While I'm happy she's virtually powerless now, I sincerely thank the House Jackass leadership for keeping her, 1 of our biggest assets.

In 2012 we can just air her pic with the audio "look @ it, LOOK @ IT."

Im still trying to figure out how that bitch manages to tie her shoes.

This remark is as bad as the remark she made about unemployment ins. benefits helping the economy b/c it gets spent immediately :confused:
unquote

yeeaah

That's so much better.

unquote

yeeaah

That's so much better.
well, to be honest, she was speaking to a specific group of people, people that work in health care support
i dont remember the exact name
but what she said wasnt so bad when you look at it in that context

You are more than likely right. we took a system that was functioning and messed it up so bad I know many people that just put their kids on CHiP b/c this "fix" made everything worse. Just like the plan was supposed to do.

force as many people as you can onto the system so that they will beg for the cure to the illness government created.

but what kind of idiot actually wants to fix what aint broken?

Man the Sugar Bowl is good this year...

Not to change the subject. But, sitting here in a hotel room updating SQL databases watching the game.

When it gets too expensive, people will stop buying it.

Then the price will go down.

WRONG

People will go on the government systems, that will keep the price high, or higher, since the government pays, (you, me and everyother tax payer). And it will get so bad that we will be forced to take the fix, the fix in the system they broke on purpose.

Insurance only adds a middle man and more overhead

US pays more and receives less for healthcare
Health insurance costs are directly related to the piles of state and federal coverage mandates.
Health Insurance costs are also directly related to the lack of competition among insurers.
Because health insurance cannot be sold across state lines, insurers are guaranteed protected markets.

While this is true, we were sold on the notion of near nothing out-of-pocket by the HMO's. Add to that a myriad of regulatons governing coverage.. and here we sit.

Public option is not the answer. A true overhaul of the regulatory web is a great start.

Correct..I missed that...
Yes, the notion that health insurance must provide "first dollar" coverage is another major contribution to expensive health insurance.
Health insurance should be made available with many different levels of deductibles all the way up to catastrophic coverage only. The higher the deductible, the lower the premium.

Correct..I missed that...
Yes, the notion that health insurance must provide "first dollar" coverage is another major contribution to expensive health insurance.
Health insurance should be made available with many different levels of deductibles all the way up to catastrophic coverage only. The higher the deductible, the lower the premium.

Its a wakeup call... yes, you will have to pay something for your healthcare. The idea of $10 and you're done is a fantasy.

ahhhh another Pelosi gift.Still doesn't come close to her gem....
We need to pass the health care bill so we can find out what's in it.
Or.
Every dollar paid in unemployment benefits brings back two dollars into the economy.
Still trying to figure that one out.
If that's true then the economy should be booming with some people out of work and collecting for 99 weeks for God's sake.

Last edited:
Yep.
How can someone as clueless as Pelosi get where she has gotten in the Dem party??

Jesus. Its like she lives on another planet. The name of which is Flamming Idiot. Jeeze.

"because we could not sustain the system"

We still can't sustain the escalating costs of healthcare. The last bill was just a start. We s
I'll need a major overhaul not written by the insurance companies
Genius....Obamacare WAS in part written by the insurance companies. Had it not been, the bill stood no chance of even getting to committee.
There is no sense for you to post on this issue. All liberals should admit they want free taxpayer funded( but not themselves) medical care.

When discussing Healthcare, Conservatives always revert to the same lies. The first is that Liberals want FREE Healthcare. The second is that the Government somehow controls our new Healthcare plan. I will ignore the death panel and federally funded abortion lies for now

I currently pay a shitload of money for healthcare that only covers 85% of my expenses after a $500 per person deductable. I really don't care which pocket the money comes from. If it can come out of my tax dollars and provide equivalent coverage for less cost...I am for it.

Healthcare is about more than insurance. Insurance is just a middleman who charges exhorbatant fees to process paperwork

Forum List

Back