Pelosi: even if everyone had great health care, we'd have to wreck it and start over

ahhhh another Pelosi gift.Still doesn't come close to her gem....
We need to pass the health care bill so we can find out what's in it.
Or.
Every dollar paid in unemployment benefits brings back two dollars into the economy.
Still trying to figure that one out.
If that's true then the economy should be booming with some people out of work and collecting for 99 weeks for God's sake.
except that isnt what she said
and, what she did say was to a very specific group of people and they would need to know the final items in the bill, and since that wouldnt be fully known till passage she was technically correct
but, items being added to or removed from the bill could have been made known to everyone before the voting on passage

btw, come on guys, stop misquoting Pelosi, it leave a bad taste in my mouth to have to defend her

"because we could not sustain the system"

We still can't sustain the escalating costs of healthcare. The last bill was just a start. We s
I'll need a major overhaul not written by the insurance companies
Genius....Obamacare WAS in part written by the insurance companies. Had it not been, the bill stood no chance of even getting to committee.
There is no sense for you to post on this issue. All liberals should admit they want free taxpayer funded( but not themselves) medical care.

When discussing Healthcare, Conservatives always revert to the same lies. The first is that Liberals want FREE Healthcare. The second is that the Government somehow controls our new Healthcare plan. I will ignore the death panel and federally funded abortion lies for now

I currently pay a shitload of money for healthcare that only covers 85% of my expenses after a $500 per person deductable. I really don't care which pocket the money comes from. If it can come out of my tax dollars and provide equivalent coverage for less cost...I am for it.

Healthcare is about more than insurance. Insurance is just a middleman who charges exhorbatant fees to process paperwork

Bingo. The problem is cost, and the insurance companies are just adding to that cost.

The bottom line is that health care in general has gotten a lot more expensive due to a variety of factors, from advances in medicine to creative lawsuits. Whatever is done, it will have to include cost containment.

Ranting about death panels and "socialized medicine", and claiming that reformers want "free" health care just muddies the waters when the issue is debated.

Forum List

Back