Pelosi Demands Private Jet For Travel

The correct term is "Maineac", pronounced "maniac", not to me confused with "Massholes", "New Hampsters", "Hermounters" and "Connecticunts".

Why do I feel like I'm at school, in jr high? C'mon guys, I'm trying to recuperate here!

The correct term is "Maineac", pronounced "maniac".

I would be proud to be a Maineac (or a Mainer), but alas, I was born in the heartland and will forever be "from away".

After I had been in Maine for a few years and knew I wanted to stay, I asked a local native that had befriended me how long it took for someone "from away" to become a mainer. He said, "bouts long as it takes a brick to become a loaf of bread" (pronounced "bray-uhd").

Nancy doesn’t care (to actually get back on topic), she’s just making as big a splash as possible - and working the NeoCon’s in the process.

Coming from the most important, richest, and most productive state in the Union - why shouldn’t she? I mean Hell, it’s not like she’s from New Jersey!
:rofl:

Nancy doesn’t care (to actually get back on topic), she’s just making as big a splash as possible - and working the NeoCon’s in the process.

Coming from the most important, richest, and most productive state in the Union - why shouldn’t she? I mean Hell, it’s not like she’s from New Jersey!
:rofl:

Umm, you got a point. Nancy. Right.

Actually, he did get an infraction this morning, and hasn't whined about it. Everyone stop screwing around with other's names. Otherwise you are all going to be writing 5 page papers on rudeness. ;)

can we use the internet for research?

Let's put this to rest, shall we?

<blockquote>The House Sergeant at Arms Bill Livingwood released the following statement today about his role in the controversy over an airplane for Speaker Nancy Pelosi's travel to her home district.

"As the Sergeant at Arms, I have the responsibility to ensure the security of the members of the House of Representatives, to include the Speaker of the House. The Speaker requires additional precautions due to her responsibilities as the leader of the House and her Constitutional position as second in the line of succession to the presidency.

In a post 9/11 threat environment, it is reasonable and prudent to provide military aircraft to the Speaker for official travel between Washington and her district. The practice began with Speaker Hastert and I have recommended that it continue with Speaker Pelosi. The fact that Speaker Pelosi lives in California compelled me to request an aircraft that is capable of making non-stop flights for security purposes, unless such an aircraft is unavailable. This will ensure communications capabilities and also enhance security. I made the recommendation to use military aircraft based upon the need to provide necessary levels of security for ranking national leaders, such as the Speaker. I regret that an issue that is exclusively considered and decided in a security context has evolved into a political issue. - <a href=http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/02/sergeant_at_arm.html>Political Radar</a></blockquote>

Never mind that the Speaker offered to travel commercial, just as she had always done before assuming the Speakership. Never mind that Denny Hastert had the use of a military aircraft for his official trips to his home district. Never mind that the Speaker made no input into the selection of the aircraft. It's simply the right wing noise machine trying to sow seeds of scandal they can point back to as a scandal with little remembrance on the part of most people as to the exact details of the issue.

But, of course, the right wing-nut mouth breathers won't be happy until she is strapped into an <i>astro-nappy</i> (NASA's Maximum Absorbency Garment) stuffed into a WW II era bi-wing flight trainer, and sent off to her home district.

and never mind the arrogrance of Ms Pelosi demands a bigger and better plane the Mr Hassert had

To Ms Pelosi it is not the size that matters, it is the endurance

As she does the US taxpayer

and never mind the arrogrance of Ms Pelosi demands a bigger and better plane the Mr Hassert had

To Ms Pelosi it is not the size that matters, it is the endurance

As she does the US taxpayer

did you completely ignore the statement from the house sargeant at arms?

did you completely ignore the statement from the house sargeant at arms?

I read the "statement" and it is so Clinton like. It is not Queen Pelosi's fault - it is all a "misunderstanding"

What Pelos'i messener boy failed to mention, is the military stopped Hastert from using military aircraft. It was against the rules. I noticed the liberal media failed to report the "oversight" from Pelosi's messenger boy

I remember well how the Dems and the liberal media treated Newt when he said he should not sit in the rear of Air Force One when Clinton was President

I read the "statement" and it is so Clinton like. It is not Queen Pelosi's fault - it is all a "misunderstanding"

What Pelos'i messener boy failed to mention, is the military stopped Hastert from using military aircraft. It was against the rules. I noticed the liberal media failed to report the "oversight" from Pelosi's messenger boy

I remember well how the Dems and the liberal media treated Newt when he said he should not sit in the rear of Air Force One when Clinton was President

so let me get this straight.... you are calling the house sargeant at arms, who has been on the job for eleven years, a LIAR?

Have I got that right?

In your twisted world, do only rightwingers tell the truth?

so let me get this straight.... you are calling the house sargeant at arms, who has been on the job for eleven years, a LIAR?

Have I got that right?

In your twisted world, do only rightwingers tell the truth?

He is running interference for Queen Pelosi and to provide her cover. The fact is, Ms Pelosi feels she is entitled to a bigger jet, with more seats, and comforts since she is, well, Ms Pelosi

He is running interference for Queen Pelosi and to provide her cover. The fact is, Ms Pelosi feels she is entitled to a bigger jet, with more seats, and comforts since she is, well, Ms Pelosi

so....you didn't answer my question... are you suggesting that when the sargeant at arms said it was his decision and not Pelosi's he was LYING.... is that right?

Forum List

Back