Pelosi Demands Private Jet For Travel

That's fine...I will be more cognizant of the presence of language nazis and chose my words accordingly.

You are funny. You provoke, and skirt just this side of flaming. Yet, even when you manage to get someone in trouble, you call foul! LOL!

You are funny. You provoke, and skirt just this side of flaming. Yet, even when you manage to get someone in trouble, you call foul! LOL!

it was a bit of humor. perhaps I should have included a :rofl: for those not accustomed to my wit.

Another tempest in a teapot brought to you by the GOP. Since they got nothin' else, they have to resort to shit like this. Especially when it comes to debating substantive issues...like...you know...<b>THE WAR IN IRAQ!</b>

As for the size of the plane...Pelosi has farther to travel than Hastert did, a non-stop transcontinental flight requires a larger aircraft. Get over it ya weenies.

Another tempest in a teapot brought to you by the GOP. Since they got nothin' else, they have to resort to shit like this. Especially when it comes to debating substantive issues...like...you know...<b>THE WAR IN IRAQ!</b>

As for the size of the plane...Pelosi has farther to travel than Hastert did, a non-stop transcontinental flight requires a larger aircraft. Get over it ya weenies.

So you are proud of how the Dems are conducting themselves so far? Including Pelosi?

So you are proud of how the Dems are conducting themselves so far? Including Pelosi?

I thought the first 100 hours gig was wonderful.... and I also love to listen to the republicans whine about being cut out of the process. It really does serve them right for all the monkeying with the rules that they did when they were in power.

I thought the first 100 hours gig was wonderful.... and I also love to listen to the republicans whine about being cut out of the process. It really does serve them right for all the monkeying with the rules that they did when they were in power.

Well good for you! How about the rest? I'm just guessing you have more to add, if pressed. Could be wrong.

Well good for you! How about the rest? I'm just guessing you have more to add, if pressed. Could be wrong.

I thought her committee chair choices were wise and measured. I liked how she went to Iraq to see things firsthand.... I was impressed (although secretly disappointed) that she didn't put two fingers up like rabbit ears behind Dubya during the SOTU speech...

I think they should quit posturing and just cut off funding for the operation in Iraq to be completed at a date certain sometime this year.

I really really believe that wetnursing a nation full of antagonistic arabs as they slaughter their way towards democracy is NOT a valid mission for the United States Military.

I thought her committee chair choices were wise and measured. I liked how she went to Iraq to see things firsthand.... I was impressed (although secretly disappointed) that she didn't put two fingers up like rabbit ears behind Dubya during the SOTU speech...

I think they should quit posturing and just cut off funding for the operation in Iraq to be completed at a date certain sometime this year.

I really really believe that wetnursing a nation full of antagonistic arabs as they slaughter their way towards democracy is NOT a valid mission for the United States Military.
Thanks for being forthright. We disagree, I want to give the military and admin a chance to make the wrongs right, even two chances.

Thanks for being forthright. We disagree, I want to give the military and admin a chance to make the wrongs right, even two chances.

re: forthrightness....my pleasure.

Do you honestly think that TIME or maybe 21.5K more young Americans will somehow make this non-military mission of wetnursing a fledgling democracy turn not only INTO a military mission, but one which we can actually win?

re: forthrightness....my pleasure.

Do you honestly think that TIME or maybe 21.5K more young Americans will somehow make this non-military mission of wetnursing a fledgling democracy turn not only INTO a military mission, but one which we can actually win?
Truthfully, I hope so. Convinced? No, but hopeful.

Truthfully, I hope so. Convinced? No, but hopeful.

I share none of your optimism...and I say that knowing - KNOWING - that our troops are the toughest and the best in the whole world. I just do not think you send a military force to do a job that is not meant for a military force.

If I needed a quadruple bypass, I suppose I would have some miniscule chance of survival if the hospital sent in an obstetrician to do the surgery...but I would have a much better chance if they sent in a cardiologist.

I share none of your optimism...and I say that knowing - KNOWING - that our troops are the toughest and the best in the whole world. I just do not think you send a military force to do a job that is not meant for a military force.

If I needed a quadruple bypass, I suppose I would have some miniscule chance of survival if the hospital sent in an obstetrician to do the surgery...but I would have a much better chance if they sent in a cardiologist.

I hope you are wrong. There is nothing else I can say.

This Administration has had many chances since the invasion of Iraq to right the wrongs in that country, and they have failed at every turn. Yet they keep trying the same thing over and over again, each time telling us it is something new when its just more of the same crap they tried, and failed at, earlier. Stop playing the apologist for these sorry sacks of excrement. You're smarter than that.

This Administration has had many chances since the invasion of Iraq to right the wrongs in that country, and they have failed at every turn. Yet they keep trying the same thing over and over again, each time telling us it is something new when its just more of the same crap they tried, and failed at, earlier. Stop playing the apologist for these sorry sacks of excrement. You're smarter than that.

And you are smarter than saying this is the same, it's not and you know it. Whether or not it works, remains to be seen.

So very typical of you Bully, trying so hard to say something relevant when you don't have a clue. Let me educate you.

First, the size of an aircraft has nothing to do with it's range.....Rutan designed an aircraft that barely held 2 people that flew around the world without refueling. Lucky Lindy's Spirit of St. Louis was is an extremely small aircraft that flew across the Atlantic Ocean.

Having worked for a FBO that fueled corporate jets and now working for a major airline I know a little about each of the aircraft in question. The U.S. Air Force C-20 is the military version of the G4 built by Gulfstream, that is the "little commuter plane" Speaker Hastert used. You might recognize the civilian name, it is easily the most coveted corporate jet by celebrities and CEOs world wide......Arnold Shwarzenegger recieved one for his role in The Terminator. John Travolta, Bill Cosby and Pro Golfers Jack Nicklaus and Phil Michelson each have one.

The C-20 can cruise at 530 miles per hour at 45,000 feet and has a range of 4,250 miles. It seats 12 to 14 passengers. About 30 million dollars.

The C-37 is the military version of the G5 and flies at the same speed but with a ceiling of 59,000 feet and has a range of 6,500 miles with seating for 13-15. Cost is about 36,000,000 dollars.

The 757-200 or the C-32 that Ms. Pelosi feels a pressing need for has a cruise speed of 480 miles per hour and a range of 4,550 miles. It has room for 45 passengers in the military configuration and 228 as an airliner. It's service ceiling is 39,000 feet. Cost...250,000,000 dollars.

Ms. Pelosi explains that security is the reason she needs a nonstop flight to San Francisco from D.C., it would appear that the C-20, the same aircraft previously used for the Speaker of the House, could easily make it. If weather would cause a need for a fuel stop she wouldn't be dropping in to an airport, she would land at a military base along the way. A quick turn around for fuel could easily be achieved in less than an exrtra 30 minutes to the overall trip time. The 757 weighs 255,000 pounds compared to the Gulfstream's 41,500 pounds, which do you think gorges on fuel?

With all of these considerations, what do you think her Highness's real reason for wanting her own airliner would be? Some have suggested penis envy. Being the top Democrat and a "politician of the people", why wouldn't she feel the aircraft CEOs of major corporations and major celebrities wish for is not good enough for her?

BP must be on of the Dems who want the US surge in Iraq to fail
A Fox News poll show how Dems really feel about the war, and how alot of Dems want failure in Iraq Only 51% of Dems want the surge to succeed

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/...oxnewspoll.pdf

As far as Ms Pelosi I think she is doing a great job. First she told the voters Dems would work with Republicans, then she shut them out. Then she supports Abscam guy Murtha over Hoyer. She loses when the Dems go with Hoyer. She backs an impeached Judge (she voted for his impeachment) Now Alcee Hastings sits on the Intel committee after he solicited bribes. On the minimum wage bill Pelosi give Starkist a pass since they are in her district and provides her lots of cash. Now she demands a bigger jet. Perhaps she wants to give her contributers a free ride across the country

Yes, BP, Pelosi is the gift that keeps on giving

[1]seems to me Pelosi travels worldwide as well.

[2]Is that Soros joke part of your cute standup routine you do every friday night at the conservative geek comedy club?

1. I'm not sure why she needs to, but if she does, it can't be very often, and she can use the same methods used by other members of congress.
2. Yes it is, as a matter of fact. It gets the house roaring every time. :rofl:

1. I'm not sure why she needs to, but if she does, it can't be very often, and she can use the same methods used by other members of congress.
2. Yes it is, as a matter of fact. It gets the house roaring every time. :rofl:

1. Then why can't condi go the same way?

2. considering your audience, I have no doubt that they are laughing so hard that the pocket protectors are flying out of the pockets of their polyester plaid shirts.

Forum List

Back