Pelosi Delivered

Come on all you Republicans...

We know you know how to attack Nancy Pelosi

Where is your list of major Republican legislation in the last 20 years?

You make it sound like we need major legislation.

Sorry, but if President Obama's Health Care Reform is your idea of major legislation, I would prefer we have very little legislation. The blow HCR dealt to a free America may very well be the death blow of America.

Immie

Fact is, all of our recent major legislative accomplishments have come from the left. I gave you a chance to prove otherwise and nobody could do it.

Pelosi will leave her seat with a major resume of legislative accomplishment. You can scream FAIL at the top of your lungs, but it will be up to history to weigh in.

Boehner is setting himself up to be a major Failure as Speaker. His only goal is obstruct and repeal. He will have to answer for his own legacy. When compared to Pelosi, I am sure that history will find him lacking

House,

You are a lot brighter than the rest of us,
Well, I wouldn't say the rest of us, but some of you - yes...

Why, you read it of course... If our body of legislature is proposing bills that are too long to read, then that should be an indicator that a whole lot of "fucked up" is coming our way...

Not passed as in signed by the President, but if you have one version proposed by the House and another version proposed by the Senate how do you know what will be in the ultimate bill before it has passed reconciliation?

You use the "We don't know what is in it until it is passed" constantly, so I assume you know what you are talking about
I can't speak for the others who use the redonkulous statement made by the fucknut Pelosi, but I personally am referring to the fact that she didn't read what she voted for...

I hope this clears things up... I'd post a link to "I'm Just a Bill" from Schoolhouse Rock, but I fear that might be abouve your level right now...

Wow......for all your posturing, I thought you knew what you were talking about. I guess I was wrong.

Pelosi never said she didn't read what she voted on. That came from the right wing misinformation machine that you subscribe to.
What Pelosi said was that she would not know what was in the final bill until there was a final bill. Namely one that has "passed" the reconcilliation process

I guess you can go back to your misinformation now House

You are entirely incorrect sir.

Any bill that is passed has to be voted on AGAIN by BOTH houses AFTER reconciliation. So the Speaker of the House, and every other member of BOTH houses, would certainly know what was in a bill before it was passed.

I HOPE that this was just a mistake on your part.

D.

Conference Committee

1. Members from each house form a conference committee and meet to work out the differences. The committee is usually made up of senior members who are appointed by the presiding officers of the committee that originally dealt with the bill. The representatives from each house work to maintain their version of the bill.
2. If the Conference Committee reaches a compromise, it prepares a written conference report, which is submitted to each chamber.
3. The conference report must be approved by both the House and the Senate.

Project Vote Smart - GOVERNMENT 101: How a Bill Becomes Law

House,

Why, you read it of course... If our body of legislature is proposing bills that are too long to read, then that should be an indicator that a whole lot of "fucked up" is coming our way...

Not passed as in signed by the President, but if you have one version proposed by the House and another version proposed by the Senate how do you know what will be in the ultimate bill before it has passed reconciliation?

You use the "We don't know what is in it until it is passed" constantly, so I assume you know what you are talking about
I can't speak for the others who use the redonkulous statement made by the fucknut Pelosi, but I personally am referring to the fact that she didn't read what she voted for...

I hope this clears things up... I'd post a link to "I'm Just a Bill" from Schoolhouse Rock, but I fear that might be abouve your level right now...

Wow......for all your posturing, I thought you knew what you were talking about. I guess I was wrong.
Posturing smoshturing - you know I'm right, leftwinger...

Pelosi never said she didn't read what she voted on. That came from the right wing misinformation machine that you subscribe to.
What Pelosi said was that she would not know what was in the final bill until there was a final bill. Namely one that has "passed" the reconcilliation process
No, she said what she said... That's your leftist spin on what she actually said...

It's amazing what you democratics swallow from your leaders...

I thought you might understand this whole "words have meaning" concept... Oh well...

And you can go back to believing your lies...

BELLA PELOSI DELIVERED ALRIGHT.

In a HISTORIC TROUNCING of her party since way back..

FOR that we thank you..:clap2:

Now go the hell away. we REJECT YOU TOO

Last edited:

Sorry, but if President Obama's Health Care Reform is your idea of major legislation, I would prefer we have very little legislation. The blow HCR dealt to a free America may very well be the death blow of America.

Immie

Fact is, all of our recent major legislative accomplishments have come from the left. I gave you a chance to prove otherwise and nobody could do it.

Pelosi will leave her seat with a major resume of legislative accomplishment. You can scream FAIL at the top of your lungs, but it will be up to history to weigh in.

Boehner is setting himself up to be a major Failure as Speaker. His only goal is obstruct and repeal. He will have to answer for his own legacy. When compared to Pelosi, I am sure that history will find him lacking

We know you're still upset from Tuesday, but relax. Take a deep breath. Liberals and their agenda have just been rejected by the American people overwhelmingly. Life goes on. America is moving forward. Don't take it so personal. This is part of your maturing process.

Immie

We know you're still upset from Tuesday, but relax. Take a deep breath. Liberals and their agenda have just been rejected by the American people overwhelmingly. Life goes on. America is moving forward. Don't take it so personal. This is part of your maturing process.

Sorry pal

Gridlock is not moving forward

Pelosi got things done.....Boehner and the Tea Baggers are obstructionist

Sorry pal

yeah well, you all keep PUSHING them to keep RAMMING legislation that The American People ARE AGAINST...
We'll be seeing you AGAIN IN 2012.:lol:

RW nailed it.

Progressives have had 100 years of steady Progress toward redoing the USA and in response there has been zero, zippo, nada, jackshit!

Think of it since 1913 we've have 4 major shifts Leftward, fundamentally altering the balance of power in the USA between the people and the government.

In 1913, the 16th Amendment neutron bombed the States as powerful counterweights to the power of the Federal government. The States are still there, but they lost whatever power they had to curtail the growth of the government. In 1913 we also got a Central bank known as the Federal Reserve.

For all the good done by Harding and Coolidge in the 20's, there was never any rollback of the Progressive Agenda!

If the 1930 and 40, we had the New Deal, Social Security, Fanni Mae, HUD all fundamentally altered the landscape Leftward. Ike in the 50's rolled none of it back.

In the 60's we got the Great Society and Reagan's 80's rolled none of it back!

In 2008 we got ObamaCare and FinReg, and now a Republican Congress that can do NOTHING to roll back any of it.

Pay attention! When we start eliminating Government Departments, then we can talk about real change in direction.

Until then the score is Progressives 4 (Major Alterations) - The People 0.

Last edited:

Immie

The fact is, as you like to put it, that these major legislations that you seem to be praising are destroying this country. If that is what you want, then so be it.

My point was that we don't need any major legislation right now. We simply can't afford the shit she shoved down our throats.

Praise her all you want. I will continue to remind people that she and her goons have damn near bankrupted America and will probably succeed in doing so before this is all said and done. That will be the one thing she can truthfully place upon her resume.

Immie

It was a legislative tour de force from someone who plainly believes that the purpose of politics goes beyond serving the self-interest of politicians. From the stimulus that averted a second Great Depression to Wall Street reform to the transformation and expansion of college student aid, Pelosi and the president have written more landmark legislation than anyone in nearly half a century. Majority Leader Harry Reid did his best in the sclerotic Senate, and at critical moments change squeaked by the Republican blockade.

Did you actually type that with a straight face?

It was a legislative tour de force from someone who plainly believes that the purpose of politics goes beyond serving the self-interest of politicians. From the stimulus that averted a second Great Depression to Wall Street reform to the transformation and expansion of college student aid, Pelosi and the president have written more landmark legislation than anyone in nearly half a century. Majority Leader Harry Reid did his best in the sclerotic Senate, and at critical moments change squeaked by the Republican blockade.

Did you actually type that with a straight face?

It's no joke that ObamaCare and FinReg got passed

Sorry pal

so did Stalin.

RW , why did you stop defending Palin's ridiculous statement that she couldn't read the Healtcare Bill until it was passed?

House,

Pelosi said and I quote
"But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."
And if you have a hard time reading it listen to her say it.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU[/ame]

Pelosi Resume

Passed legislation that prevented the country from entering another Depression
Passed th most comprehensive Healthcare legislation in US History
Passed significant financial reform legislation
Passed Credit Card Bill of Rights

Will any Republicans out there care to post what Denny Hasterts accomplishments were?

Other than Gridlock, what do you expect Boehner to accomplish ?

Says you.

Pelosi Resume

Will any Republicans out there care to post what Denny Hasterts accomplishments were?

Says you.

Still don't see any Republican accomplishments that come anywhere near Pelosi's

Pelosi Resume

Says you.

Still don't see any Republican accomplishments that come anywhere near Pelosi's
Yeah I wish the republicans had rammed through a health care plan that nobody wanted the way Pelosi and Obama did.

Forum List

Back