Pelosi Delivered

The ground breaking legislation you clowns wallow in was rejected overwhelmingly by American voters Tuesday. It didn't have to come to that though because they've been voicing their opposition to said legislation every step of the way, but the Dimocrats ignored them in favor of walking off a cliff instead. Too bad, but good riddance.

Yep

In her liberal little bubble Pelosi still thinks she and the Dems did the right thing. Hmmm. Guess the American people are all wrong then??

Wonder how many of those same Dems will still be pulling OL'BO's waggon come 2012??

Wonder how many of them will be thinking about their cushy jobs and wanting to keep em??

I'm guessing the Liberal Utiopia will take a big back seat to self preservation.

My thoughts exactly. Dems will be looking out for their own necks instead of Obama's agenda.

Agree with you both.

Meanwhile over in the other body 23 Dim Senate seats will be in contention in '12 vs. only 9 Republican. LOL...the stars are not aligning well for the Yes Party.

And the mindlessness marches on. Pelosi has passed the most comprehensive reform of this fucking nation since the 60s. Those reforms, though less far reaching than I would have liked, are not going away. Now the Repugs get 2 years to do nothing. That's their claim to Pelosi's incompetence. They won the election. They have no clue that winning elections is only a means to an end. Our end, ground breaking legislation. Their end...nothing, doing nothing.

Whatever.

The ground breaking legislation you clowns wallow in was rejected overwhelmingly by American voters Tuesday. It didn't have to come to that though because they've been voicing their opposition to said legislation every step of the way, but the Dimocrats ignored them in favor of walking off a cliff instead. Too bad, but good riddance.

Yep

In her liberal little bubble Pelosi still thinks she and the Dems did the right thing. Hmmm. Guess the American people are all wrong then??

Wonder how many of those same Dems will still be pulling OL'BO's waggon come 2012??

Wonder how many of them will be thinking about their cushy jobs and wanting to keep em??

I'm guessing the Liberal Utiopia will take a big back seat to self preservation.

Given the tendency for Fox led Republicans to immediately stamp FAIL on every piece of Democratic legislation, your objectivity is subject to question.

What we do know is what was done and what were the results.

TARP passed: If the economy continued its downward spiral, and no money was repaid, your FAIL would have some merit. The economy reversed shortly afterwards and the funds are being repaid........SUCCESS

Economic Stimulus passed: Again, if the loss of jobs continued at same rate your claim of FAIL would have some merit. Immediately after stimulus, the loss of jobs reversed.......SUCCESSS

Auto Company bailout: If the Auto companies took our money, spent it all and then came back for more, your claim of FAIL would have merit, however, the auto companies are paying back the loans, will offer stock again and are on sound financial footing.......SUCCESS
Healthcare Bill: If the bill resulted in Death Panels and a Government takeover, your claim of FAIL would have merit. Given the bulk of the legislation has not taken place, the best that can be claimed by either side is INCOMPLETE

Last edited:
The vast majority of Americans rejected Pelosi's and 0bama's version of what's "good for us"...

Her retirement would be icing on the November 2nd cake...

PELOSI: "You need 0bamacare! We shall pass it so we know what's in it!"
AMERICA: "NO! We don't want it! Listen to us!"
CONGRESS: "Bill Passed!"

AMERICA: "Shit. OK, all you assholes out!, NOW!"

House,

You are a lot brighter than the rest of us, so maybe you can explain how you can know what is in a bill before it is passed? Not passed as in signed by the President, but if you have one version proposed by the House and another version proposed by the Senate how do you know what will be in the ultimate bill before it has passed reconciliation?

You use the "We don't know what is in it until it is passed" constantly, so I assume you know what you are talking about

House,

You are a lot brighter than the rest of us, so maybe you can explain how you can know what is in a bill before it is passed? Not passed as in signed by the President, but if you have one version proposed by the House and another version proposed by the Senate how do you know what will be in the ultimate bill before it has passed reconciliation?

You use the "We don't know what is in it until it is passed" constantly, so I assume you know what you are talking about

Anyone with half a brain would have figured the Clowns would have read the finished product before they voted on it. The could have demanded the time to do so.

Oh wait. I forgot. We're talking about the Dems who passed this one all by themselves. They were all in such a hurry to be part of the "Historic Moment." They didn't give a rats ass what the American people wanted. Nope.

Way to go Dems. Hope you enjoy your early retirement.

House,

Anyone with half a brain would have figured the Clowns would have read the finished product before they voted on it. The could have demanded the time to do so.

Oh wait. I forgot. We're talking about the Dems who passed this one all by themselves. They were all in such a hurry to be part of the "Historic Moment." They didn't give a rats ass what the American people wanted. Nope.

Let me use half my brain here....

You vote on the version that is before you. The version the House voted on was different than the version the Senate voted on.

Once it passes both houses it goes through something called reconciliation where the two bills are merged into one law that will go for signature once it is passed. You do not know what is in the bill till it goes through reconcilliation

Now, I only have half a brain.......so maybe you could explain to me how someone can know what will be in the final bill until it has passed through reconcilliation???

House,

You vote on the version that is before you. The version the House voted on was different than the version the Senate voted on.

Once it passes both houses it goes through something called reconciliation where the two bills are merged into one law that will go for signature once it is passed. You do not know what is in the bill till it goes through reconcilliation

Now, I only have half a brain.......so maybe you could explain to me how someone can know what will be in the final bill until it has passed through reconcilliation???

I guess if that's how it was being done I'd vote no being what I'm voting for could, would and was changed... You're a hack RW.

Pelosi delivered - The Week

History will accord Pelosi an unprecedented scale of achievement for a House speaker. The breakthroughs of the past two years bear her indelible stamp. She has been not only the master of the House, but a moving force in changing America for generations to come — and despite their fulminations, the GOP that has demonized her will not succeed in undoing those changes.

And thats what caused her to lose speaker of the house.:lol:

Pelosi delivered - The Week

History will accord Pelosi an unprecedented scale of achievement for a House speaker. The breakthroughs of the past two years bear her indelible stamp. She has been not only the master of the House, but a moving force in changing America for generations to come — and despite their fulminations, the GOP that has demonized her will not succeed in undoing those changes.

Yeah, she definitely achieved a lot, she caused the largest shift in power in the House 60 years....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How stupid are these people....

House,

You are a lot brighter than the rest of us,
Well, I wouldn't say the rest of us, but some of you - yes...

so maybe you can explain how you can know what is in a bill before it is passed?
Why, you read it of course... If our body of legislature is proposing bills that are too long to read, then that should be an indicator that a whole lot of "fucked up" is coming our way...

Not passed as in signed by the President, but if you have one version proposed by the House and another version proposed by the Senate how do you know what will be in the ultimate bill before it has passed reconciliation?

I can't speak for the others who use the redonkulous statement made by the fucknut Pelosi, but I personally am referring to the fact that she didn't read what she voted for...

I hope this clears things up... I'd post a link to "I'm Just a Bill" from Schoolhouse Rock, but I fear that might be abouve your level right now...

And the mindlessness marches on. Pelosi has passed the most comprehensive reform of this fucking nation since the 60s. Those reforms, though less far reaching than I would have liked, are not going away. Now the Repugs get 2 years to do nothing. That's their claim to Pelosi's incompetence. They won the election. They have no clue that winning elections is only a means to an end. Our end, ground breaking legislation. Their end...nothing, doing nothing.

Whatever.

That is why the Republicans are the Regressive Party. They exist to assist the wealthy in making more money and stonewalling all legislation that helps working Americans

RW, I KNOW you're smart enough to understand that BOTH parties work for the rich, and don't give a shit about the regular people. They are two sides of the same coin.

Come on all you Republicans...

We know you know how to attack Nancy Pelosi

Where is your list of major Republican legislation in the last 20 years?

You make it sound like we need major legislation.

Sorry, but if President Obama's Health Care Reform is your idea of major legislation, I would prefer we have very little legislation. The blow HCR dealt to a free America may very well be the death blow of America.

Immie

What is the Dems obsession with how history will remember these people? You have no idea how anyone will be remembered… In fact much of what most people thought Bush would be remembered as has changed quite a bit, not for the better but it has changed.

So far the only things history will remember Obama and the Dem congress as I can see it is…

Iraq and Afghanistan wars… expanding them…
Zero Repeal of Bush’s policies
High unemployment
A huge rescission that they made worse
Suing States for trying to fix problems that congress fails to (think Arizona)
Obamacare – The devastating affects a new massive entitlement program had on the economy *as predicted.* The lies and buy offs to achieve passing the legislation while forcing Americans to accept something they mostly rejected… Also it’s affect on making HC less affordable even faster than it was before.

Then there is the big giant fact that Dems proved they are no different that Bush and his Republican congress being even still many liberals claim Bush was in power for 8 years and got everything he wanted and destroyed our economy… Congress was a supermajority for dems for 2 years for Bush but looking at voting records, support for wars and so on you would never even know congress had a massive shift in 2006…

Last edited:

I guess if that's how it was being done I'd vote no being what I'm voting for could, would and was changed... You're a hack RW.

Then what is a hack like you doing in Congress? That is the way bills have been passed for 200 years.

Then what is a hack like you doing in Congress? That is the way bills have been passed for 200 years.

For 200 years bills that people didn't bother to read passed both house and senate only to be glued together to be passed as a giant bill that no one has read so the president could sign it?

House,

You are a lot brighter than the rest of us,
Well, I wouldn't say the rest of us, but some of you - yes...

so maybe you can explain how you can know what is in a bill before it is passed?
Why, you read it of course... If our body of legislature is proposing bills that are too long to read, then that should be an indicator that a whole lot of "fucked up" is coming our way...

Not passed as in signed by the President, but if you have one version proposed by the House and another version proposed by the Senate how do you know what will be in the ultimate bill before it has passed reconciliation?

I can't speak for the others who use the redonkulous statement made by the fucknut Pelosi, but I personally am referring to the fact that she didn't read what she voted for...

I hope this clears things up... I'd post a link to "I'm Just a Bill" from Schoolhouse Rock, but I fear that might be abouve your level right now...

Wow......for all your posturing, I thought you knew what you were talking about. I guess I was wrong.

Pelosi never said she didn't read what she voted on. That came from the right wing misinformation machine that you subscribe to.
What Pelosi said was that she would not know what was in the final bill until there was a final bill. Namely one that has "passed" the reconcilliation process

I guess you can go back to your misinformation now House

RW you're defending people that are STILL trying to sue Arizona over a bill that was 10 pages long then when asked, they shamefully had to admit on fucking TV they never read...

My goal here is not to prove Dems are bad and Reps are good, it’s to prove you dono wtf you’re talking about and you just happen to be a sellout hack for one of the 2 fuckoff parties…

Forum List

Back