Peggy Noonan's history making joke.

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
I have been thinking of the iconic image of American military leadership, Emanuel Leutze's painting "Washington Crossing the Delaware." There Washington stands, sturdy and resolute, looking toward the enemy on the opposite shore. If you imagine Mr. Obama in that moment he is turned, gesturing toward those in the back. "It's not my fault we're in this boat!" That's what "I didn't set a red line" and "My credibility is not at stake"

Noonan: Why America Is Saying 'No' - WSJ.com

Noonan is right to a degree. But, Obama is not the central issue, or he wasn't until he attempted to lead a nation and world where it did not want to go. And, it isn't a deflection to Bushii, even though his failure led to the rise of isolationists in the gop.

McCain and Graham have been making the talking show circuit for months, calling Obama weak for not supporting the brave rebels, when in fact the only rebels apparntly with military capability are our enemies ... and Assad for all his loathsomeness has never called on muslims to attack the US. McCain and Graham are losing cred in the gop, which hasn't the appetite for military strikes anymore than the left wing of the dems.

Egypt happended on its own. Libya was really a push by the Italians and French for us to support their forary. I think Noonan's error is to assume the American public will not support fighting aggression aimed at us or an ally, such as S.Korea. We simply don't have dog in this fight.

Obama made a politically expedient move to draw a line, that he had no intention of drawing, to appease McCain and the neocons. He should have stayed true to the man who opposed Iraq in 2003

Noonan is right to a degree. But, Obama is not the central issue, or he wasn't until he attempted to lead a nation and world where it did not want to go. And, it isn't a deflection to Bushii, even though his failure led to the rise of isolationists in the gop.

McCain and Graham have been making the talking show circuit for months, calling Obama weak for not supporting the brave rebels, when in fact the only rebels apparntly with military capability are our enemies ... and Assad for all his loathsomeness has never called on muslims to attack the US. McCain and Graham are losing cred in the gop, which hasn't the appetite for military strikes anymore than the left wing of the dems.

Egypt happended on its own. Libya was really a push by the Italians and French for us to support their forary. I think Noonan's error is to assume the American public will not support fighting aggression aimed at us or an ally, such as S.Korea. We simply don't have dog in this fight.

Obama made a politically expedient move to draw a line, that he had no intention of drawing, to appease McCain and the neocons. He should have stayed true to the man who opposed Iraq in 2003

McCain & Graham are 100% in favor of helping vile Islamists take over Syria, but yet it's Obama's fault if they do. Go fig.

McCain & Graham are 100% in favor of helping vile Islamists take over Syria, but yet it's Obama's fault if they do. Go fig.

Simply put. Obama should have told McCain & Graham to STFU instead Obama went along with them. Since Obama is President it is his fault, Plain and simple.

Tiras%2BGable%2B19-07-15%2BObama%2Bcrossing%2Bthe%2BDelaware.jpg

It's somehow McCain and Graham's fault because they agree with Dear Leader? In the sheeple's mind, nothing is ever Dear Leader's fault. Nothing sticks.

Actually McCain and Graham are taking it as hard as Obama from those of us who oppose our getting involved in this. And rightly so. You don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:

It's somehow McCain and Graham's fault because they agree with Dear Leader? In the sheeple's mind, nothing is ever Dear Leader's fault. Nothing sticks.

Try reading again. It's Obama's fault for not confronting McCain and Graham with the fact that supporting the rebels will ultimately support al queda. We can arm the few rebels who don't support an ethnic cleansing of the Alwites and Christians, but the reality has always been they are not strong enough to oppose the al queda elements.

Please. Obama drew the red line and now backpedals saying "it's not me, it's you", waffles his answers on questions such as 'if congress votes no will you strike anyway'?, changes the battle plan 50 times, says no boots on ground without having a clue if striking Syria will cause WWIII .... and nothing, but NOTHING is ever his fault! Tell me, did you drink your kool aid, deep fry it, or mix it with alcohol for some fruity umbrella drink?

:cuckoo:

Not willing to get engaged into the war which is too expensive, too draining on a tired and broke country and at the end does not have ANY benefit for us is not isolationism - it is SANITY

Please. Obama drew the red line and now backpedals saying "it's not me, it's you", waffles his answers on questions such as 'if congress votes no will you strike anyway'?, changes the battle plan 50 times, says no boots on ground without having a clue if striking Syria will cause WWIII .... and nothing, but NOTHING is ever his fault! Tell me, did you drink your kool aid, deep fry it, or mix it with alcohol for some fruity umbrella drink?

SO? Thank God he is backpedaling. Just vote freaking NAY and leave it there.

Do the idiots like McCain and Graham need to label themselves as idiots every time there is a possibility for that?
JUST VOTE FREAKING NO!

Let Obama make an idiot of himself - and let save the country from another war.

Do the idiots like McCain and Graham need to label themselves as idiots every time there is a possibility for that?
JUST VOTE FREAKING NO!

Obama can back pedal till the cows come home. The question he refuses to answer is: will he go ahead with the strike if congress votes no? I am leaning toward his answer being 'yes'. Hope I'm wrong. Stay tuned.

McCain and Graham need to be put out to pasture.

JUST VOTE FREAKING NO!

Obama can back pedal till the cows come home. The question he refuses to answer is: will he go ahead with the strike if congress votes no? I am leaning toward his answer being 'yes'. Hope I'm wrong. Stay tuned.

McCain and Graham need to be put out to pasture.

agree.

but if he decides to do that himself AGAINST the will of Congress, without allies and against the UN ( which I do not think he will) - then HE is going to be liable both in domestic and international courts for illegal wars and war crimes.

I'm thinking he doesn't much care how the vote goes in Congress. Once he saw what the public thought, he likely wanted a way out. Congress voting no is the best of all outcomes. He doesn't piss off 80% of the country and blames the GOP when talking to the 20% that wants to bomb Syria. Win/win situation from what started out as a blunder.

Ah, I don't think Obama will bomb now. But, he did fail to lead in that he should have openly confronted McCain over the fact that destabilizing assad helps al queda, and he should have pursued a global political consensus more actively to condem Assad on chemicals. Of course, the RWers would have pounded him, and the TP isolationists would have sat back an let him take the pounding because it woudl have been politically expedient.

The end result will be the same. Obama is truly now a lame duck with no power to lead.

Try reading again. It's Obama's fault for not confronting McCain and Graham with the fact that supporting the rebels will ultimately support al queda. We can arm the few rebels who don't support an ethnic cleansing of the Alwites and Christians, but the reality has always been they are not strong enough to oppose the al queda elements.

Pardon me, but there is not a whit of difference between McCain and Graham's desires and Obama's desires. The all want to support rebels who will ultimately support al queda. Shouldn't these elected representatives at least be as smart as the average citizen who understands how moronic their stance is? My response was to the comment that Obama carries less blame than McCain and Graham. I contend his shit stinks like anyone elses, regardless of those willing to feast on it.

Forum List

Back