Pedophiles and the Death Penalty

Should pedophiles face the possibility of a death sentence?

• Yes!

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No.

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters
No not when too many of you clowns think an 18 yr old having sex with a 17 yr old qualifies. I do agree with clearing non violent offenders like potheads from jails to make room for pedophiles, rapist and murderers.

I'm against the death penalty, and I don't see why pedophiles should be an exception. There are actually worse crimes than sexually violating a pre-pubescent child. Probably many of us here have been violated at one time or another, and it is something one can overcome.

I believe in programs that keep pedophiles locked up for life and away from any remote possibility of contact with children. I think our current sex offender programs are ineffective. They lump hardcore sex offenders in with some 23 yr old who had sex with his 17 yr old girlfriend, and the parents of the girl turned him in.

No not when too many of you clowns think an 18 yr old having sex with a 17 yr old qualifies. I do agree with clearing non violent offenders like potheads from jails to make room for pedophiles, rapist and murderers.

I don't mind it too much when clowns like you make blazing generalizations about others. It merely reinforces my belief that too many libs rely on stereotypes and preconceived notions in lieu of logic, facts and objectivity.

But I don't disagree with you that some "crimes" are probably in need of rethinking. And as for the death penalty as an option for pedophiles, what age of the victim would you say might warrant a death penalty?

I'm not surprised you aren't well read enough to know the examples I'm talking about. If it were my daughter under 15 they wouldn't have to have the trail, but the 16 yr old boy in the hospital for damaged shoulder due to over high giving after his sexy 25 yr old teacher had an extra lesson for him wouldn't apply in my book.

I voted no on the assumption that you did not mean in the case of a child dying. I do believe long jails sentences and chemical castration should be required.

But castration wouldn't stop molesting..

I knew a guy, paralyzed from the waist down, who was a big New Age, for the children guy, having movie nights for the neighborhood kids, he seemed very kind. He was also grooming my sons. People trusted him more because he was in a wheelchair.

He ended getting busted for molesting kids. Thankfully, my sons escaped this because I got suspicious, plus our boys had more involved parents. The kids who got molested had more beleaguered parents who let their kids hang out at the nice, hippie, New Age paralyzed guy's house, who 'loved' kids.

Molesting kids is a crime that starts in your head, not in your hormones.

I'm not surprised you aren't well read enough to know the examples I'm talking about. If it were my daughter under 15 they wouldn't have to have the trail, but the 16 yr old boy in the hospital for damaged shoulder due to over high giving after his sexy 25 yr old teacher had an extra lesson for him wouldn't apply in my book.

I'm not surprised to read that a person like you makes such arrogant, baseless and stupid assumptions.

In any event, this thread cannot be dedicated to offering you a belated education.

But, since you are rather plodding and ill-informed generally, I will share a little secret with you. Different states, you dope, have different laws and rules. Thus, what might be criminal on some level in one state may not be considered as serious (maybe not criminal at all, in fact) in some other state.

Now, since you didn't have the guts to answer my question, it looks like there is effectively no chance of ever getting a milquetoast like you to ever engage in any reasonable debate. Send up a flair if you ever find your nerve.

Last edited:
I voted no on the assumption that you did not mean in the case of a child dying. I do believe long jails sentences and chemical castration should be required.

I knew a guy, paralyzed from the waist down, who was a big New Age, for the children guy, having movie nights for the neighborhood kids, he seemed very kind. He was also grooming my sons. People trusted him more because he was in a wheelchair.

He ended getting busted for molesting kids. Thankfully, my sons escaped this because I got suspicious, plus our boys had more involved parents. The kids who got molested had more beleaguered parents who let their kids hang out at the nice, hippie, New Age paralyzed guy's house, who 'loved' kids.

Oh my gosh! That must have totally freaked you, knowing what could have happened. I am glad to know he was found out before he could harm your sons..and how sad for the others.

Oh my gosh! That must have totally freaked you, knowing what could have happened. I am glad to know he was found out before he could harm your sons..and how sad for the others.

It was unnerving, to say the least.

These types of crimes are crimes of power. People get off on having power over the weak.

It becomes hardwired in the perpetrators, which is why they need to be locked up and throw away the key. Often the behaviors escalate, just like any addict needs higher and higher doses to get the same high.

It was unnerving, to say the least.

These types of crimes are crimes of power. People get off on having power over the weak.

It becomes hardwired in the perpetrators, which is why they need to be locked up and throw away the key. Often the behaviors escalate, just like any addict needs higher and higher doses to get the same high.

Agreed, which is why i would have them punished the way i said before. it takes away the power.

I support the death penalty and would support it in this case.

Life imprisonment with zero chance of parole would also work.

The life imprisonment with no chance of parole proviso would sufficiently stop those bastards, individually (specific deterrence). But there would be a cost or two. (1) As long as the scum is alive, he can try to do such things again, perhaps to some young or tiny fellow inmate. I'm not sure that would be the right thing to do to even an inmate who has little chance for assistance from anyone else. (2) Society would be deprived of the "general deterrence" benefit of the execution of a pedophile. If some pedophile sees another child molesting piece of shit getting the death penalty, it might just make him hesitate before doing the same thing to any other victim.

It's my understanding that pedophile offenders are at the bottom of the food chain within the prison system.

I support the death penalty and would support it in this case.

Life imprisonment with zero chance of parole would also work.

The life imprisonment with no chance of parole proviso would sufficiently stop those bastards, individually (specific deterrence). But there would be a cost or two. (1) As long as the scum is alive, he can try to do such things again, perhaps to some young or tiny fellow inmate. I'm not sure that would be the right thing to do to even an inmate who has little chance for assistance from anyone else. (2) Society would be deprived of the "general deterrence" benefit of the execution of a pedophile. If some pedophile sees another child molesting piece of shit getting the death penalty, it might just make him hesitate before doing the same thing to any other victim.

It's my understanding that pedophile offenders are at the bottom of the food chain within the prison system.

That appears to be true. I once saw some statistics related to that observation. In a rather ironic way, there is a hint of justice in that fact. Still, considering that the criminal behavior of pedophiles is clearly related to some form(s) of serious mental illness(es), it is difficult to root for the other inmates to abuse the pedophile inmates.

This whole topic is really kind of sick. Which dumbass started this fucking thread?

one person screwed over because of stupid sentencing is too many, there are lots more than 1.
Jury''s and judges are smart enough to apply logic in imposing sentences.

Some of us oppose a death penalty for any reason.

Some of us endorse a death penalty for some reasons.

It is a given that there is no "cure" for pedophilia.

So, the question is:

Do you support the option, in your state's criminal law, of the possibility of the imposition of a death penalty for pedophiles?

The US SC, per the 8th AM, prohibits the death penalty for child rape already.

So, the question is:

Do you support the option, in your state's criminal law, of the possibility of the imposition of a death penalty for pedophiles?

While it is true that the SCOTUS has so ruled, that is not the question. A determination like that from the SCOTUS is clearly binding, but it was a ridiculous ruling and could be reversed someday* when common sense and proper respect for the provisions of the Constitution eventually come to matter again.

The poll question is not whether it is legally possible. The poll question is simply to ascertain the beliefs of the members of USMB.
Should it be a possible sentence?

Even with my concern about the death penalty, I believe it should be an available sanction.

* The Alito dissent absolutely skewered the verbose but irrational Kennedy majority decision. Someday, with luck, that absurd "decision" may get re-examined and thus reversed. See: http://eji.org/eji/files/Kennedy v Louisiana 06-25-08.pdf

Last edited:

So, the question is:

While it is true that the SCOTUS has so ruled, that is not the question. A determination like that from the SCOTUS is clearly binding, but it was a ridiculous ruling and could be reversed someday* when common sense and proper respect for the provisions of the Constitution eventually come to matter again.

The poll question is not whether it is legally possible. The poll question is simply to ascertain the beliefs of the members of USMB.

Even with my concern about the death penalty, I believe it should be an available sanction.

The question was:

"Do you support the option, in your state's criminal law.."

There is NO option permitted, hence the question was not where all posters knew about the ruling.

The question was:

There is NO option permitted, hence the question was not where all posters knew about the ruling.

You write quite unclearly. Anyway, the poll question is not in any way dependent on whether (or not) the Constitutional ruling of the SCOTUS would permit it. That ruling is stupid, btw, and may be reversed someday, with luck.

The poll question merely asks whether you or anyone else thinks that such a crime SHOULD come with the possibility of a death penalty as a sentencing option.

You are correct in noting that a fucking stupid 5-4 decision by the SCOTUS makes it a purely hypothetical matter.

So what?

Even if we all agreed that it's a fabulous idea, it's not like any state would try to pass a law such as LA had on its books before the SCOTUS struck it down.

That's not the question. The question is purely one of where we stand on the issue if it was a possible sentencing option. So far, 60% would prefer NOT to make it a sentencing option even if it was available.

The question was:

You write quite unclearly.

So do you!!

Forum List

Back