Pedophiles and the Death Penalty

Should pedophiles face the possibility of a death sentence?

• Yes!

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No.

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters
As long as the evidence is so compelling that there is no doubt of the pedophile's guilt and if he is a repeat offender who shows no remorse, then Fry Him.

Okay, I hear ya. So what about castration for repeat offenders? Doesn't stop them though. It is the mind that is warped. I am not sure you can rehap a sicko like that anyway.

If castration worked, I would be able to set aside my High Liberal Principles (;)) and agree that it could be utilized, but ONLY if it worked and ONLY for repeat offenders.

Now that I think about it...what good would a law like that be? Men aren't the only molesters..

I don't know George...if you are the best guy to talk about molestation after that skank move ya put on Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman".:eek:

Right. Conservatives are authoritarian because we seek to prevent child molestors from ever inflicting themselves again on any other children.

Sometimes the knee-jerk commentary of liberals reveals what they are all about.

But, cool. Lesson learned. From now on, no more Draconian sentences for pedophiles. What would YOU recommend, Georgie?

A few months in a psychiatric facility? And when he comes out, uncured of course since there is no cure for pedophilia, we can always protect his future prospective victims from him ---

How? Or maybe asking that question is too Draconian for you?

No. Conservatives are authoritarian because they generally favor not only the death penalty, but also expanding the death penalty to include crimes other than capital murder.

No one is arguing that child molestors should be out there, inflicting themselves on other children once they have been convicted of the offense for the first time. There are ways to take care of that other than executing them.

California puts them away for a long, long time - and not for "a few months in a psychiatric facility." They go to prison. And if they are classified as violent sexual predators, they can be placed in a psychiatric facility INDEFINITELY once they complete their prison sentence. I'd say that ought to pretty much take care of the problem.

Your daffynition of "authoritarian" really needs to be set free so it can die a natural death. It is a pathetic form of cheesy dishonest rhetoric.

If you want to argue that favoring the death penalty and the extension of the death penalty to include non-capital murders are not authoritarian positions, have at it.

You might, however, want to take a look at The Psychology and Law of Criminal Justice Processes by Levesque wherein he discusses the effect of the authoritarian personality on criminal jury participation.

He states: "Traditional authoritarianism refers to an individual's tendency to be politically conservative, hold conventional values, prefer powerful leadership and manifest overly punitive and rigid thinking."

He goes on to state: "Findings also indicate that authoritarianism with attitudes towards capital punishment: High authoritarians tend to favor the death penalty, while lower authoritarians tend to opppose it."

A fascinating article. I suggest you take a look at it:

The psychology and law of criminal ... - Google Books

If you maintain that sentences for child molesters are Draconian (as you did maintain) because they have gone as high as 400 years, then by necessary implication you are clearly of the opinion that some significantly lesser time would be more appropriate. You are now waffling. If a lifetime behind bars amounts to no more time served (in reality) than a 400 year sentence, then it must also be true that you view as Draconian the prospect of a life sentence for child molesters.

I do. The potential sentences for sex offenders (at least in California) are ridiculous. When I said that they "pretty much take care of the problem," I was not saying I was in favor of them. Hell - the death penalty would "pretty much take care of the problem" and I am strongly opposed to the death penalty in the case of sex offenders (or in the case of anyone, for that matter).

I am not in favor of a potential life sentence in a psychiatric institution following service of sentence. I think that is probably unconstitutional.

I think people need to get their heads screwed on straight when it comes to sex offenders, and get out of the lynch mob mentality. No one loves sex offenders. They are sick people who commit crimes because of their sickness - and particularly obnoxious crimes, due to the age of the victims and the nature of the offense. They should pay for those crimes - but in a REASONABLE manner. What we have now is not reasonable. The death penalty is clearly not reasonable.

What's the principled difference between a lengthy sentence followed by a lifetime in a psychiatric facility and a life sentence?

None. I am not in favor of either.

Where DO you come down on this one? Obviously you oppose the Death Penalty. Fair enough. How much TIME should one of those sick fucks get?

I don't know. I once had a guy get 40 years for banging his niece from age 13 up to age 17 when she finally came forth with what had been going on. That seems like a fair sentence for what he did.

Last edited:
If castration worked, I would be able to set aside my High Liberal Principles (;)) and agree that it could be utilized, but ONLY if it worked and ONLY for repeat offenders.

Now that I think about it...what good would a law like that be? Men aren't the only molesters..

I don't know George...if you are the best guy to talk about molestation after that skank move ya put on Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman".:eek:

WELL!!!!????? What do you have to say for yourself?????

Child molestation is a crime, as are several thousand other actions, deserving of punishment. I do not support the death penalty for any reason whatsoever.

The current Holy Father in Rome was appoined by the previous Pope to cover up sexual abuse by Priests. In this case he was part of a conspiracy which in my opinion is equally as bad. This is why I left the RC Church and will never set foot inside it again. It is an evil organization, plain and simply evil.
Do you have MPD?

If we started imposing death for pedophilia it could make pedophiles more prone to kill their victims.

Besides, the death penalty is always wrong.

Keep in mind that the vast, overwhelming majority of pedophiles were once themselves abused.

That may be true, but I think it is also a cop out, and used as an excuse by many. Plenty molest that were NOT molested as a child.

If we started imposing death for pedophilia it could make pedophiles more prone to kill their victims.

Do you have proof for that?

How could there be proof? The death penalty hasn't been used for pedos to my knowledge anyway since the days of the Wild West. But think about it. If the pedo will get the needle for the act of molestation whether the victim lives or dies, why leave a living witness? He's got nothing to lose. The deterrence factor is essentially lost.

How could there be proof? The death penalty hasn't been used for pedos to my knowledge anyway since the days of the Wild West. But think about it. If the pedo will get the needle for the act of molestation whether the victim lives or dies, why leave a living witness? He's got nothing to lose. The deterrence factor is essentially lost.

You got my reasoning there, if they are going to die anyway there is no reason not to kill the victim.

Well, I agree that that is your opinion. (and if you read I said I didn't really know what I think on death penalty for molesters). Would you agree that many already do kill their victims?
We see it almost on a daily basis on the news.

You got my reasoning there, if they are going to die anyway there is no reason not to kill the victim.

To me that reasoning makes no sense. Is almost as if we would be giving the control to the molester. Afraid if we gave them death, they just might kill a victim.

It MAY just prevent some molesting too.

Well, I agree that that is your opinion. (and if you read I said I didn't really know what I think on death penalty for molesters). Would you agree that many already do kill their victims?

Things generally make the news because they're sensational or rare.

The better question is how many molestations with living victims don't make the news? If the death penalty is in fact a deterrent to capital crimes, it must be assumed a certain percentage of those living victims would not be alive if the pedo wasn't concerned about crossing that line. If it's not a deterrent, why do we have it?

A real life without parole would be just as effective as death. The only molestation a death penalty will prevent is the one that would have happened if the guy had got out, assuming that we never got the wrong guy.

A real life without parole would be just as effective as death. The only molestation a death penalty will prevent is the one that would have happened if the guy had got out, assuming that we never got the wrong guy.

Can't disagree with that...(the bolded)

Things generally make the news because they're sensational or rare.

The better question is how many molestations with living victims don't make the news? If the death penalty is in fact a deterrent to capital crimes, it must be assumed a certain percentage of those living victims would not be alive if the pedo wasn't concerned about crossing that line. If it's not a deterrent, why do we have it?

Enough DO make the news to get noticed. Constantly missing..and found dead and having been molested.

Forum List

Back