Peanut King Should Serve Hard Time in Prison

where's the KMAN?

i heard he's willing to spend any amount to receive advanced medical treatments...surely he'd be in favor of spending on inspections....

where's the KMAN?

i heard he's willing to spend any amount to receive advanced medical treatments...surely he'd be in favor of spending on inspections....

The food processing plants of the character involved here make millions of dollars a week! The median annual pay for Agricultural Inspectors is $38,511.

They would be a bargain at three times the price...

I hope no-one comes along and says regulations and inspections aren't required because the market will put this bastard out of business for selling contaminated food.

Regulations and inspections aren't required because the market will put this bastard out of business for selling contaminated food!

I suppose that could work as long as there are strict laws with severe penalties if you sell contaminated food AND you've got an honest and free Press.

ah, pretty sure inspectors were needed to figure out where the fucking salmonella came from in the first place.

:doubt:

Yup, they would have been visiting inspectors who likely never set foot in the place before in thier lives!

I hope no-one comes along and says regulations and inspections aren't required because the market will put this bastard out of business for selling contaminated food.

Regulations and inspections aren't required because the market will put this bastard out of business for selling contaminated food!

I suppose that could work as long as there are strict laws with severe penalties if you sell contaminated food AND you've got an honest and free Press.

ah, pretty sure inspectors were needed to figure out where the fucking salmonella came from in the first place.

I didn't start this, but to continue down this line of reasoning...

That could be after the fact. Since people died, the companies would have to pay a law enforcement agency to inspect their product. The taxpayer funded law enforcement agency would hire private inspectors paid for by the companies under investigation.

That could be after the fact. Since people died, the companies would have to pay a law enforcement agency to inspect their product. The taxpayer funded law enforcement agency would hire private inspectors paid for by the companies under investigation.

Why reinvent the wheel?

Agriculture inspectors are quite capable of doing thier jobs when the funding is available for them to have those jobs.

Its kind of like how our fearless leaders handled border control back in the day. Originally, that responsibility was handled quite effectively by the U.S. Army until some whiz bang in Congress decided to do it with a different agency with way fewer men. Pardon me, but I liked it before we had 20 million illegals here and I liked it before funding for food inspectors was slashed.

Last edited:

Why reinvent the wheel?

Agriculture inspectors are quite capable of doing thier jobs when the funding is available for them to have those jobs.

The median annual pay for Agricultural Inspectors is $38,511. I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound like the kind of money that will attract the best and brightest.

while i think there is some merit to the notion that the fear punishment would stop some folks committing these corporate crimes.

it doesn't appear to have stopped the owner of the peanut company.

You know.....one of these plants is only around 70 miles or so, south of Amarillo (where I live).

It seems that the plant in Plainview was NOT rated for food, so it wasn't inspected. Additionally, it had not been licensed for the past 5 years.

Oh yeah....they were shipping product out of there regularly.

What should be done? Well.....considering that our government has been following Chinese business practices as of late (shoddy workmanship, lethal products), we should continue along with their model.....

Remember when they executed those Chinese executives for the melamine horror show?

Do the same thing to these peanut plant CEO's.

Why reinvent the wheel?

Agriculture inspectors are quite capable of doing their jobs when the funding is available for them to have those jobs.

The median annual pay for Agricultural Inspectors is $38,511. I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound like the kind of money that will attract the best and brightest.

Perhaps, but that doesn’t include benefits.

Anyway, do you seriously think that a contractor would pay more?

According to Salary.Com, the average Agricultural Inspector brings home $1,158.12 every two weeks. I seriously doubt that a contractor will come anywhere close to matching or bettering that amount.

And, if the last 8 years is any guide, the contractors will overcharge the government far more than we pay the current inspectors while paying the private inspectors considerably less than the current inspectors.

Last edited:
What should be done? Well.....considering that our government has been following Chinese business practices as of late (shoddy workmanship, lethal products), we should continue along with their model.....

Remember when they executed those Chinese executives for the melamine horror show?

Do the same thing to these peanut plant CEO's.

yep.

8 people dead. for what? profit. yeah, off with his head.

I have to agree with you on this one Catz. This company knowingly sold contaminated food. Now people have died. I just wonder what the hell was going through their minds when they said "ship it anyway". At minimum, it's voluntary manslaughter.

Ship it. If a few people die or get sick so be it. They will never be able to trace it back to us.
They should make them eat the stuff.

I have to agree with you on this one Catz. This company knowingly sold contaminated food. Now people have died. I just wonder what the hell was going through their minds when they said "ship it anyway". At minimum, it's voluntary manslaughter.

Ship it. If a few people die or get sick so be it. They will never be able to trace it back to us.
They should make them eat the stuff.

121385068679.jpg

couple of things.......one there were inspections that caught this even with the reductions.....i guess that would mean the correct cuts were made......but they couldn't close them as that is not the way the regs are currently written.....maybe this will change that.....

......their actions are going to put them out of business......

and there will be due process and criminal charges and a civil suit......

there are bad people in this world that will do bad things and there is no amount of government oversight that will stop this.......

even in the utopian would of the soviet union where everything was governmnet run and controlled bad people did bad things......difference was they didn't get a hearing or a trial....they got a bullet or work detail in a gulag.....

Why reinvent the wheel?

Agriculture inspectors are quite capable of doing their jobs when the funding is available for them to have those jobs.

Perhaps, but that doesn’t include benefits.

Anyway, do you seriously think that a contractor would pay more?

According to Salary.Com, the average Agricultural Inspector brings home $1,158.12 every two weeks. I seriously doubt that a contractor will come anywhere close to matching or bettering that amount.

And, if the last 8 years is any guide, the contractors will overcharge the government far more than we pay the current inspectors while paying the private inspectors considerably less than the current inspectors.

Of course a contractor would get paid more and would most likely do a better job. A valid complaint was filed against the company and they would have to pay. I graduated from College in 1986 and I was making more than what an Agricultural Inspector gets paid today. No wonder stuff like this happens. They don't do their jobs because that kind of pay doesn't attract talent.

By the tine all the class action lawsuits are done jail will be the least of this corporate slug's problems.

Fortunately most corporate types are nearly as bad as this.

By the tine all the class action lawsuits are done jail will be the least of this corporate slug's problems.

Fortunately most corporate types are nearly as bad as this.

By golly, Garyd, I see you agree with me for once. The dangers of asbestos were determined in a study in Britian in 1918. How many people have we had die in this and other nations since then from the affects of using this material?

FDA food inspections cut almost in half
47 percent fewer checks; testing, staff down since '03

WASHINGTON - The federal agency that's been front and center in warning the public about tainted spinach and contaminated peanut butter is conducting only half the food safety inspections it did three years ago.

The cuts by the Food and Drug Administration come despite a barrage of high-profile food recalls.

"We have a food safety crisis on the horizon," said Michael Doyle, director of the Center for Food Safety at the University of Georgia.

Between 2003 and 2006, FDA food safety inspections dropped 47 percent, according to a database analysis of federal records by The Associated Press....

Once again, thank you, George.

please cut your post to 2 or 3 paragraphs and provide a link so we don't run afoul of the copyright laws. thanks.

Forum List

Back