Peanut King Should Serve Hard Time in Prison

The median annual pay for Agricultural Inspectors is $38,511. I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound like the kind of money that will attract the best and brightest.

Perhaps, but that doesn’t include benefits.

Anyway, do you seriously think that a contractor would pay more?

According to Salary.Com, the average Agricultural Inspector brings home $1,158.12 every two weeks. I seriously doubt that a contractor will come anywhere close to matching or bettering that amount.

And, if the last 8 years is any guide, the contractors will overcharge the government far more than we pay the current inspectors while paying the private inspectors considerably less than the current inspectors.

Of course a contractor would get paid more and would most likely do a better job. A valid complaint was filed against the company and they would have to pay. I graduated from College in 1986 and I was making more than what an Agricultural Inspector gets paid today. No wonder stuff like this happens. They don't do their jobs because that kind of pay doesn't attract talent.

Now who’s living in another world???

Although $38,511 is below national average wage of all workers covered by state and federal unemployment insurance which according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics was $46,696 for 2007 (Which is the latest data available from the government. They usually run a year behind), its considerably above the average for Arkansas where you and I live, which is $37,024.

And, the notion that a contractor does a better job is laughable.

The one thing that contractors absolutely do is get paid more. I can’t lay my hands on a link, but, an example is the decision to contract out cook work for the Army in Iraq. Halliburton was paid $10,000 a week for cooks when the army stopped using its own cooks in places where they maintained mess halls or field kitchens. That computes to over a half-million dollars per year for each cook Halliburton brought to Iraq to scramble eggs and heat up precooked biscuits. Do you realize how many Army cooks that kind of money would pay for?

And, let’s take a look at our prison system. What a huge mess that’s gotten into since the government resorted to contracting out the operations of its prisons.

Nope, contractors don’t do a better job, nor do they save us any money!

I think the important thing here is

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

couple of things.......one there were inspections that caught this even with the reductions.....i guess that would mean the correct cuts were made......but they couldn't close them as that is not the way the regs are currently written.....maybe this will change that.....

......their actions are going to put them out of business......

and there will be due process and criminal charges and a civil suit......

there are bad people in this world that will do bad things and there is no amount of government oversight that will stop this.......

even in the utopian would of the soviet union where everything was governmnet run and controlled bad people did bad things......difference was they didn't get a hearing or a trial....they got a bullet or work detail in a gulag.....

Yeah, right!

The problem is that the inspection weren’t by Agriculture Inspectors. They were internal company inspections. That’s why the product got shipped instead of going into the dumpster.

And, nobody here is supposing that aggressive inspections, like the ones that they performed at the meat plant where my son worked, can stop or prevent all cases of contamination and resulting disease. But, they will surely do a much better job than we are seeing today.

The fact of the matter is that we have seen an upsurge in these kinds of cases since the governments abandonment of its oversight responsibilities in recent years. One can’t change history because it’s inconvenient for their politics.

Despite the wishful thinking of apologists for the corporations, what that history really shows is that the simple truth is that they can’t be trusted to police themselves.

If he gets tried and convicted because it is all found to be true... let him rot in prison.. no doubt

for breakfast... he can have PB and J's...
lunch... same
diner.. same..

except the cafetreria will use tainted pb from his plant in one meal a day.. he wont know which one.. so he can play the American versian of Russian Roulette with his PB meals...

Of course a contractor would get paid more and would most likely do a better job. A valid complaint was filed against the company and they would have to pay. I graduated from College in 1986 and I was making more than what an Agricultural Inspector gets paid today. No wonder stuff like this happens. They don't do their jobs because that kind of pay doesn't attract talent.

Why would you think a contractor would do a better job? There's nothing to substantiate that supposition. In fact, privatizing many of the services at Walter Reed Hospital resulted in DECREASED services and DECREASED quality.

Using mercenaries to do our military's jobs didn't work out so well either.

Blackwater anyone?

If I were in the military, I'd be really angry that people who couldn't meet standards to enlist were making about $1,000 a day.

By the tine all the class action lawsuits are done jail will be the least of this corporate slug's problems.

Fortunately most corporate types are nearly as bad as this.

By golly, Garyd, I see you agree with me for once. The dangers of asbestos were determined in a study in Britian in 1918. How many people have we had die in this and other nations since then from the affects of using this material?

... but they still mine it openly in Canada.. its an odd situation with the magic mineral

If he gets tried and convicted because it is all found to be true... let him rot in prison.. no doubt

Strip him of every cent he has.

Then just publically execute that bastard.

Why the hell should the society he didn't give a rat's ass about support his sociopathic ass in prison?

Strip him of every cent he has.

Then just publically execute that bastard.

Why the hell should the society he didn't give a rat's ass about support his sociopathic ass in prison?

I doubt seriously he will be convicted of 1st degree murder... and if you don't have that, you're not getting an execution

I too think this is a detestable person.... but we're not going to get a death penalty in this case

This is what happens when the corporations are allowed to operate unchecked.

They rip everyone off and kill people.

Peanut King should be held in contempt of the Senate until he comes clean as to what's happening and what he did. Throw the dirt bag in jail.

Most idiotic statement EVER.

99% of corporations are good, honest corporations and don't need to be regulated/checked.

99% of corporations are good, honest corporations and don't need to be regulated/checked.

Yeah, right.

If that's the case, we certainly don't need the SEC, FDIC, SLFDIC, AEC, FBI, EPA, DoI, NCUA, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, the Federal Reserve, or even the Deptartment of Justice just to name a few. The corporations can be trusted to fairly, legally and justly, take care of all of this stuff!

:lol:

Last edited:

Yeah, right.

If that's the case, we certainly don't need the SEC, FDIC, SLFDIC, AEC, FBI, EPA, DoI, NCUA, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, the Federal Reserve, or even the Deptartment of Justice just to name a few. The corporations can be trusted to fairly, legally and justly, take care of all of this stuff!

For the most part.. corporations DO operate within the law and within federal/local guidelines and regulations

See.. a corporation has an incentive to deliver quality and a product/service that generally does not kill or injure or cause illness to any customer... customers with that kind of experience tend not to be repeat customers... and legal ramifications can really hurt a business

:eusa_whistle:

Yeah, right.

For the most part.. corporations DO operate within the law and within federal/local guidelines and regulations

See.. a corporation has an incentive to deliver quality and a product/service that generally does not kill or injure or cause illness to any customer... customers with that kind of experience tend not to be repeat customers... and legal ramifications can really hurt a business

You might have had a point except that corporate CEO's are infected with the same kind of arrogance and selfdelusion that brought down the Governor of Illinois. They always think that they won't get caught, as exemplified by the spectacular failures of Enron and Worldcom.

Had they still been around today, there should be little doubt but they would have taken up chairs right next to the Detroit big three with thier hands out too.

Yeah, right.

You might have had a point except that corporate CEO's are infected with the same kind of arrogance and selfdelusion that brought down the Governor of Illinois. They always think that they won't get caught, as exemplified by the spectacular failures of Enron and Worldcom.

Had they still been around today, there should be little doubt but they would have taken up chairs right next to the Detroit big three with thier hands out too.

Again.. a vast generalization that is not based on fact.. based more on hype and the spotlight on a few that have done things wrong

And corruption/violation knows no bounds of status or income... just as there are corrupt CEO's there are corrupt middle workers and criminals without jobs.. not to mention the arrogance and corruption within the government and agencies that you push forward

The greedheads on Wall Street have caused a vast economic collapse that is presently costing million of Americans their homes, jobs, pensions and dreams -- while also bringing down the banks themselves.

Again.. a vast generalization that is not based on fact.. based more on hype and the spotlight on a few that have done things wrong

And corruption/violation knows no bounds of status or income... just as there are corrupt CEO's there are corrupt middle workers and criminals without jobs.. not to mention the arrogance and corruption within the government and agencies that you push forward

So I take it that what you're saying is that its everybody's fault but the corporate elite??? That would be the reason that the banks are refusing to reveal where the first half of the TARP went? It was all hidden by some middle managers theidentities of whom the CEos can't find or have lost and the Peanut King and his lackies are only taking the fifth because they think that they are being unjustly accused...:eusa_liar:

It's all much clearer now. How stupid of us to have doubted them...

Last edited:

So I take it that what you're saying is that its everybody's fault but the corporate elite??? That would be the reason that the banks are refusing to reveal where the first half of the TARP went? It was all hidden by some middle managers theidentities of whom the CEos can't find or have lost and the Peanut King and his lackies are only taking the fifth because they think that they are being unjustly accused...:eusa_liar:

And the ever predictable liberal leap

Try and read what I write.... not make up what you think I am thinking to fit your agenda

I was blowing apart your false assumption that most CEO's and corporations would do anything possible including selling tainted shit, injuring people, causing deaths, etc, simply for a profit.. that all corporations are not to be, or cannot be trusted

And the ever predictable liberal leap

Try and read what I write.... not make up what you think I am thinking to fit your agenda

I was blowing apart your false assumption that most CEO's and corporations would do anything possible including selling tainted shit, injuring people, causing deaths, etc, simply for a profit.. that all corporations are not to be, or cannot be trusted

I’m sorry to disabuse you of the notion, but merely saying that I’m wrong that the corporate elite are not to be trusted , doesn’t blow apart anything. At best, it might be described as lobbing a mini fire cracker into the debate.

The reason that we have all these regulatory agencies is because they were created in response to corporate misconduct. That’s how the SEC came into being, that’s how the FDIC came into being and right on down the line.

As I said, history can’t be changed to fit your tidy little set of politics. History is history and it is littered with the victims of corporate greed and corruption. I only named a couple, but there are literally hundreds of such similar examples. Not too long ago a coal mine collapsed because the mine operator was engaging in dangerous mining practices. Then the mine collapsed again on rescuers. His response...it was an earthquake. The lying turkey thought he could pull off a cover-up because he was too stupid and arrogant to know that the government keeps records of seismic events!

And, before you post it, I know, you think it wasn’t his fault! It was the mining commission’s fault because they had too many inspectors harassing his operations.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back