PC Fascists To Remove Lee and Jackson from War College Memorials

Then Ringle, maybe you can explain the flaw in the logic here. Paperview has not, despite her blindingly awesome internet credentials that prove nothing in and of themselves.

Lincoln orders troops raised to invade the Deep South, then four more states rebel as well.

Lincoln invades them also, declaring his intent to restore the Union.

The South fights back, thus the war is afoot.

THREE YEARS LATER, when he thinks it wont hurt the primary cause, restoring the union, he risks the Emancipation Proclamation.

So since Lincoln invaded the South and thus was the direct cause of the war, wouldn't his motivations speak for the underlying cause of the war?

Since he did not emancipate the slaves would that not suggest that freeing the slaves was a low priority for him?

If the sole reason the South left the union was due to slavery, then why didn't the Corwin Amendment placate them? Why did Virginia, Tennessee, Arkansas and North Carolina only leave the union after Lincoln ordered them to raise troops for an invasion of the deep South?

You see I know this, that there are different types of causes for things; catalytic causes, instigating causes, necessary causes, sufficient causes, contributory causes and more.

Causality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But when IU see hysterians saying that SLAVERY WAS THE SOLE CAUSE OF THE CIVIL WAR it should make any critically thinking person stop and test the waters abit, as something is very fishy with such simplistic jingoistic views of complex historical causal environments in the modern world.

Ya feel me bro?

And when folks like your self make an appeal to authority as you appeared to do, it is simply mind boggling for any self respecting person to accept at face value. That is one of the very first fallacies I was taught in the various sundry critical thinking and analysis classes I have had.

Your cavalier attitude with the objective Truth is disconcerting to say the least.

lol, I doubt you will actually answer my post with any sort of seriousness, but hey, why the hell not ask anyway?

roflmao

Apparently in your attempt to win this argument you cherry pick facts while completely ignoring any others that don't validate your position,

Unwarranted assertion.

Unwarranted assertion.

Ad hominem, and some studies have shown Wikipedia to be more reliable than the old Encyclopedia Britanica, but whatever, this is not a documented research paper.

Forcing a foreign nations ships to pull over and pay another nation a tariff is an act of war. I am not sure if it had happened up to that moment that the shots were fired but Lincoln said they would still collect the tariffs and was sending reinforcements to do just that. So, one might validly assert that Lincoln made the firs THREATS of war.

Well, Precious, why not share them with me as well? That is the oldest dodge in the book, and if you are so well versed you could spit the nullifying reasons out fairly easily.

'Lynchpin' is a weasel term that really has no specific meaning. Lincoln's actions and stated reason for them would suggest your have your pin in the wrong place.

That was only part of it, and the alienation of a vast number of Northerners who were adamantly opposed to making the Civil War a war of Abolition was another. It wasn't all about Southerners just loving to whip their darkies!

When people appeal to knowledge and understanding they use FACTS not referencing people supposed credentials. You would know that if you had any real training as an historian.

Again, you're so locked into your paradigm, you've blinded yourself to anything you PERCEIVE contradicts your position.

No, I am blinded to unwarranted assertions and people making claims of truth based on their authority supposedly proven by their credentials, especially internet credentials.

Now you can continue to be a prick about this or you can discuss it with an open mind, I'll be happy to respond in any way you wish.

Whether I am a prick or not, I don't give a fuck.

Either you can debate with FACTS and REASON or you cannot.

Man up and put your game face on or go away patting yourself on the back that you are so much smarter than me. I don't care.

But don't blame me for you not making your own case for your claims.

That is being a real loser.

Dayam, one could cut the irony with a chainsaw. :lmao:
I've been debating with facts and reason. To find out who hasn't all you have to do is look in a mirror..... Can you say loser? Oh yeah, ya just did.
Oh yeah, It's painfully obvious I'm not only smarter than you, I'm more enlightened than you. Now go ahead and fall back on your dismissive political attack and accuse me of being some liberal scum....... It's your stock in trade...... Not very bright.

Oh and I am much smarter than you, it's painfully obvious.

Apparently in your attempt to win this argument you cherry pick facts while completely ignoring any others that don't validate your position,

Unwarranted assertion.

Unwarranted assertion.

Ad hominem, and some studies have shown Wikipedia to be more reliable than the old Encyclopedia Britanica, but whatever, this is not a documented research paper.

Forcing a foreign nations ships to pull over and pay another nation a tariff is an act of war. I am not sure if it had happened up to that moment that the shots were fired but Lincoln said they would still collect the tariffs and was sending reinforcements to do just that. So, one might validly assert that Lincoln made the firs THREATS of war.

Well, Precious, why not share them with me as well? That is the oldest dodge in the book, and if you are so well versed you could spit the nullifying reasons out fairly easily.

'Lynchpin' is a weasel term that really has no specific meaning. Lincoln's actions and stated reason for them would suggest your have your pin in the wrong place.

That was only part of it, and the alienation of a vast number of Northerners who were adamantly opposed to making the Civil War a war of Abolition was another. It wasn't all about Southerners just loving to whip their darkies!

When people appeal to knowledge and understanding they use FACTS not referencing people supposed credentials. You would know that if you had any real training as an historian.

No, I am blinded to unwarranted assertions and people making claims of truth based on their authority supposedly proven by their credentials, especially internet credentials.

Now you can continue to be a prick about this or you can discuss it with an open mind, I'll be happy to respond in any way you wish.

Man up and put your game face on or go away patting yourself on the back that you are so much smarter than me. I don't care.

I've been debating with facts and reason. To find out who hasn't all you have to do is look in a mirror..... Can you say loser? Oh yeah, ya just did.
Oh yeah, It's painfully obvious I'm not only smarter than you, I'm more enlightened than you. Now go ahead and fall back on your dismissive political attack and accuse me of being some liberal scum....... It's your stock in trade...... Not very bright.

Wow, then you win! Everything you say must be right cause your a danged genius!

lol, the saddest part of that crap you just posted is that you probably do think you gave facts and reason, roflmao.

I got a degree in Compsci, with two minors, one in mathematics and the other in history.

I dabbled in history some took a few junior level courses, had a 3.65 GPA when I graduated.

But I decided I did not want to go into the History profession. You see in engineering, the thing you do either works or it does not. No debate really. If you have a criteria of testing standards, the product passes or does not, no subjectivity hardly at all.

But history? I would have had to put up with self-righteous, narcicistic, egomaniacal liars like you for the rest of my life.

Lol, easy choice to leave history to the social engineers like you instead, Mr Genius.

roflmao, but nothing exists in a vacuum. If you will lie here then you will lie in other situations you think count or not, but it always catches up to you.

And that thought is what makes watching a world full of ass holes like you just a hilarious spectator sport.

Eat shit.

Traitors do not deserve the honor.

And yes traitors is the only word that can describe uniformed soldiers of one nation that take up arms and rebel against that nation.

These officers swore alligence to the UNITED STATES of AMERICA, not Viginia, or S Carolina etc.

They should have been hung...all of them.

It was the postwar Politically Correct who allowed them to escape punishment. Lincoln paved the way with his "malice towards none" speech.

In reality, they should have been given the same rights and protections of any other traitor

Spoken just like Stalin would have loved, you treasonous coward.

Carp about honorably dead veterans, but ignore current treachery in our own day and time; standard libtard bullshit.

Stalin was not an American who took up arms against his country
Stalin did not kill hundreds of thousands of loyal Americans
Stalin does not have his portrait in the War College

It was the postwar Politically Correct who allowed them to escape punishment. Lincoln paved the way with his "malice towards none" speech.

In reality, they should have been given the same rights and protections of any other traitor

Carp about honorably dead veterans, but ignore current treachery in our own day and time; standard libtard bullshit.

And it makes you sad, doesn't it, traitor?

lol, you stupid fucktard.

Unwarranted assertion.

Unwarranted assertion.

lol, the saddest part of that crap you just posted is that you probably do think you gave facts and reason, roflmao.

I got a degree in Compsci, with two minors, one in mathematics and the other in history.

I dabbled in history some took a few junior level courses, had a 3.65 GPA when I graduated.

But I decided I did not want to go into the History profession. You see in engineering, the thing you do either works or it does not. No debate really. If you have a criteria of testing standards, the product passes or does not, no subjectivity hardly at all.

But history? I would have had to put up with self-righteous, narcicistic, egomaniacal liars like you for the rest of my life.

Lol, easy choice to leave history to the social engineers like you instead, Mr Genius.

roflmao, but nothing exists in a vacuum. If you will lie here then you will lie in other situations you think count or not, but it always catches up to you.

And that thought is what makes watching a world full of ass holes like you just a hilarious spectator sport.

Eat shit.

Jim, the point is this: you pour everything through a narrow and slanted social con far right filter.

You twist the facts to fit your philosophy instead of the philosophy to fit the facts.

Unwarranted assertion.

Unwarranted assertion.

Eat shit.
Self glorification seems to be the only way you can give yourself any sense of value and, trust me on this one, you have projection down to an art form!! I'll give you that much.
As expected you came back with a sociopolitical jab...... You wouldn't be related to rdean would you? Sure looks that way. Given your level of knowledge concerning this subject I'm willing to bet for your degrees you responded to those "get your degree in two weeks ads" online at the University of Tijuana.......
Sniff, sniff. Yup, looks like your diaper needs changing, I'll call your nanny.

The ‘upside down’ flag is extremely inane and pathetic, not unlike the poster using it.

Shouldn't he be using the Rebel flag, since he sides with the Confederates?:lol::lol:

Lol, our nation is being destroyed on many levels. Our federal spending is $3 spent for every $2 taken in, and $70 of debt for every $1 of income. The mismanagement of our nation by both parties has put our nation into crisis, made all the worse by the corporate ownership of all our media, so no one represents the American people any more, only corporate crony interests.

Our national defense and other government personnel are demoralized, and we are losing the best replacing them with the worst. The corporate crony system is stripping our country of anything of value and selling it to countries over seas and here on this continent as well. Our nations currency is at a low in terms of the confidence the world has in it, and Bernanke's QE give away of $85 Billion each month is still going on despite his announcement that it will taper down by $10 Billion each month. And his replacement does not have to follow his plan after he has left anyway. What the markets will finally do in response to all this is anyone's guess, but the range does not extend into anything good.

All this going on and you morons think I have the upside down flag because I think it's cute or some bad style statement?

roflmao, go back to sleep, you idiots.

All that and you're worried about a picture not being hung back up! Seems to me you're the one that is asleep! Igit!

U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson - Washington Times

The U.S. Army War College, which molds future field generals, has begun discussing whether it should remove its portraits of Confederate generals — including those of Robert E. Lee and Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson.

Nestled in rural Pennsylvania on the 500-acre Carlisle Barracks, the war college is conducting an inventory of all its paintings and photographs with an eye for rehanging them in historical themes to tell a particular Army story.

I mean its not like these two were good generals that War College students might learn from if they studied them, oh no, they aint PC so they gotta go!

Lee and Jackson were rebels who fought a civil war AGAINST the United States of America. They were traitors. They should be remembered as traitors and not heroes.

Next he'll be wanting General Rommel's picture be put up.....after all, he was a good general according to him........:lol:

U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson - Washington Times

I mean its not like these two were good generals that War College students might learn from if they studied them, oh no, they aint PC so they gotta go!

Lee and Jackson were rebels who fought a civil war AGAINST the United States of America. They were traitors. They should be remembered as traitors and not heroes.
They were fighting for their beliefs and their states. They were patriotic in every sense of the word. It's a good thing we won the revolutionary war because Washington himself would be relegated to your ditzy historical trash heep.

Esme, your stupidity never ceases to astound. Age and frustration of whatever type is not an excuse.

Ha,ha, says one that lives up to his username! :lol::lol:

Well, the wacko left has organization, discipline and they believe in their cause, even if for brainless stupid reasons.

It makes up for their lack of fact, reason and moral compass, at least so far. Eventually it will catch up to them. Always does and it usually comes from their own, in the form of in-house purges. They turn on each other and fill the Earth with their own blood as they do with abortions today.

The War College is part of the Left?

It amazes me that lefties think pretending to be stupid and not understanding a statement somehow negates the value of the statement.

No, it does not. It simply reminds us all of what an idiot you are.

Thank you.

We have to pretend to be stupid in order to deal with the "real" stupid.......like you.

So pretty speeches absolve the deaths of over a half a million Americans?

That's not even the whole problem.

Honoring Lee has buttressed the idea there was something to the Civil War. That it was okay to think Secession and Slavery are valid. To this day, Southerns talk about the South rising again. The whole conservative movement in the country constantly yammers on about "State's Rights".

Sooner rather than later this country to should an end to the notion that Lee was an admirable character.

He wasn't.

He was a despicable villain.

A villian would have called for uprising, and a continued fight, he didnt.

Lincoln wanted a full reconcilliation, with the nation put back together as quickly as possible. His death prevented that, and one wonders how much better off we would have been if he hadn't gone to the theatre that night.

Leftwing fascists have no desire for any kind of reconciliation at all.

Those they regard as enemies they will hate till the end of time itself. They are all about nothing but hating, hating and destroying those they hate. They have been this way at least since the French Revolution.

And you're all about celebrating those that would destroy America.....and you call yourself a "patriot" - now who is the one that is being stupid here?

So pretty speeches absolve the deaths of over a half a million Americans?

That's not even the whole problem.

Honoring Lee has buttressed the idea there was something to the Civil War. That it was okay to think Secession and Slavery are valid. To this day, Southerns talk about the South rising again. The whole conservative movement in the country constantly yammers on about "State's Rights".

Sooner rather than later this country to should an end to the notion that Lee was an admirable character.

He wasn't.

He was a despicable villain.

A villian would have called for uprising, and a continued fight, he didnt.

Lincoln wanted a full reconcilliation, with the nation put back together as quickly as possible. His death prevented that, and one wonders how much better off we would have been if he hadn't gone to the theatre that night.

Lee was beaten.

He had no more fight in him.

The war had aged him terribly. He was incapable of continuing.

He died shortly after the war ended.

He should have been hung and his head put up on a spike.

Yeah, maybe we should tell the War College to hang his picture upside down.......:lol:

Benedict Arnold was a great general also

Does he have a portrait at the War College?
You know very little of history. Arnold was in the service of the US army when he conspired treason. Lee and Jackson did no such thing. Ignorance is no excuse.

According to what JimCrowie says, all great generals should be studied by the War College.

Yeah, I'm surprised he's not demanding General Rommel's picture be hung alongside of Lee and Jackson"s.

And it makes you sad, doesn't it, traitor?

lol, you stupid fucktard.

I'm not the one who pisses on our flag every day

I fly mine proudly

Lee was beaten.

He had no more fight in him.

The war had aged him terribly. He was incapable of continuing.

He died shortly after the war ended.

He should have been hung and his head put up on a spike.

Someone disagreed with you.

With malice toward none, with charity for all, ...let us strive on to finish the work we are in, ...to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations.

And what?

I didn't agree with this aspect of Lincoln's policy.

The south really needed to be punished for their treachery.

I think they are being punished unmercifully even today......they have Republican as leaders...:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back