Paying my neighbors bills.

Care, how would you feel if your next door neighbor had paid the same thing for his house that you did
but he continued to get equity loans that far exceeded the value and now YOUR TAX DOLLARS were being use to help him pay for his reckless behavior

The problem is far more complex than you implied in your original post. Add to your calculations:
1) There is no way to determine whether those being bailed out are yuppies with an investment, crooks looking to flip a house for a quick profit, someone who purchases a second or third vacation house, or the ones that you imagine, with five kids, two jobs and a sudden illness.

You are uninformed on this part PC, there most certainly is a way to know ALL OF THOSE THINGS...in fact flippers and vacation homes, or second and third homes, are not eligible for any government help that has been given out so far...for the various home owner help bailouts...

Care, how would you feel if your next door neighbor had paid the same thing for his house that you did
but he continued to get equity loans that far exceeded the value and now YOUR TAX DOLLARS were being use to help him pay for his reckless behavior

Let's say the guy next door payed the same price as me for his home as i did for mine and the homes are similar, and he took out a mortgage that was a subprime mortgage, and he was told that he would be able to refinance that mortgage when the adjustable rate sets in...he is now out there to try to refinance in to a conventional mortgage but none of the banks will give him one, because the home is now worth 10-20% less than what he paid for it when he bought it....he had excellent credit, so he should have qualified, but the market tanked and the credit has jammed up too....

1. Do I want to see his home go in to foreclosure?

2. Or do I want to see him get to refinance his home at 15k less than what I or he paid for our houses while I do not get to refinance a thing, because i bought my home with cash?

Well on letting 1 happen, that brings down the value of my home by ANOTHER $10 grand...every foreclosed home added to your street brings down your home on average $10 k is what i saw on a 24/7 channel special on this...THAT'S another $10 grand on top of the $15 grand my home and his home has already depreciated.

I'd rather see him get help to refinance in to a conventional mortgage at today's appraisal price...than see him lose his home to foreclosure which would devalue my home and other people's homes, even more so. And when he goes to sell the home down the road, or when he dies 30 years from now, the gvt and the bank, get paid back the amount they took a loss on to make this refinancing deal possible.

The banks are also better off taking this deal because if they let it go in to foreclosure, then the house drops another $10k in value so they are looking at a 25k loss on what they loaned verses a 15k loss on refinancing at today's value...And they also take the chance of the foreclosed home, sitting on the market for 2 years, where they have to maintain the outside and maybe even have to pay the property taxes and things like that, while it is sitting there, waiting for a buyer...along with realty commissions when it is sold....

so, thinking this all through, over and over and over and over again...I think the best thing we can do is nip this housing free fall in the bud...because it is ready to go full bloom... any day now.......the sooner we address this the better we all will be....imo.

care

Let's say the guy next door payed the same price as me for his home as i did for mine and the homes are similar, and he took out a mortgage that was a subprime mortgage, and he was told that he would be able to refinance that mortgage when the adjustable rate sets in...he is now out there to try to refinance in to a conventional mortgage but none of the banks will give him one, because the home is now worth 10-20% less than what he paid for it when he bought it....he had excellent credit, so he should have qualified, but the market tanked and the credit has jammed up too....

2. Or do I want to see him get to refinance his home at 15k less than what I or he paid for our houses while I do not get to refinance a thing, because i bought my home with cash?

Well on letting 1 happen, that brings down the value of my home by ANOTHER $10 grand...every foreclosed home added to your street brings down your home on average $10 k is what i saw on a 24/7 channel special on this...THAT'S another $10 grand on top of the $15 grand my home and his home has already depreciated.

I'd rather see him get help to refinance in to a conventional mortgage at today's appraisal price...than see him lose his home to foreclosure which would devalue my home and other people's homes, even more so. And when he goes to sell the home down the road, or when he dies 30 years from now, the gvt and the bank, get paid back the amount they took a loss on to make this refinancing deal possible.

The banks are also better off taking this deal because if they let it go in to foreclosure, then the house drops another $10k in value so they are looking at a 25k loss on what they loaned verses a 15k loss on refinancing at today's value...And they also take the chance of the foreclosed home, sitting on the market for 2 years, where they have to maintain the outside and maybe even have to pay the property taxes and things like that, while it is sitting there, waiting for a buyer...along with realty commissions when it is sold....

so, thinking this all through, over and over and over and over again...I think the best thing we can do is nip this housing free fall in the bud...because it is ready to go full bloom... any day now.......the sooner we address this the better we all will be....imo.

care
ok, so you dont mind paying for his reckless behavior
that is basicly what you said

Try reading the whole fucking thing you goddamn imbecile

1) It is a goddamn message board you ignorant slut
2) "Cases tied to individual bankruptcies and foreclosures are generally excluded from the report."
3) "lawsuits filed by shareholders against mortgage firms"
4) FY2008 FY2007 FY2006

Investigations Initiated 349 337 309
5) The types of investigations by the IRS revolve around wire fraud, money laundering, etc... and this is not showing that people were forced or duped into signing mortgages with fraudulent information or illegal lending acts, resulting in the foreclosure of their houses

You just randomly put up shit you find on Google without reading and comprehending what you just linked... you ignorant piece of shit... and the whole reason I am calling you out on it and not ignoring it is to show a new poster on this board the exact type of lying, manipulating, piece of shit that you are... you are a bastion of horseshit...

You are pwned

Illinois To Sue Countrywide Over "Unfair And Deceptive" Mortgages

Yes I thought that link stated the kind of fraud I was talking about and did read it only briefly.

This link provides the proof I was attempting to provide. Both loan recipiennts and investors are suing the lenders.

The fact remains that the loan companies duped people into loans.

There have ALWAYS been individual cases of lenders doing shit... but the FACT is that it has not gone up as the foreclosure rate has gone up... the FACT is that this predatory lending BULLSHIT you claim does not exist any more now than it has in ANY TIME in recent history..

your argument and LIES are BUSTED yet again...

PWNED

care

What was my neighbor's reckless behavior?

He had good credit, he was more than qualified to get the conventional loan when the adjustable mortgage higher rate set in, but the bank would not loan it to him because the housing market crashed and the value of his home is not worth the value of his original mortgage that he needs to refinance.

How is that my neighbor's fault? I don't get how it could be Dive?

care

He had good credit, he was more than qualified to get the conventional loan when the adjustable mortgage higher rate set in, but the bank would not loan it to him because the housing market crashed and the value of his home is not worth the value of his original mortgage that he needs to refinance.

because he over extended his ability to pay

Try reading the whole fucking thing you goddamn imbecile

1) It is a goddamn message board you ignorant slut
2) "Cases tied to individual bankruptcies and foreclosures are generally excluded from the report."
3) "lawsuits filed by shareholders against mortgage firms"
4) FY2008 FY2007 FY2006

Investigations Initiated 349 337 309
5) The types of investigations by the IRS revolve around wire fraud, money laundering, etc... and this is not showing that people were forced or duped into signing mortgages with fraudulent information or illegal lending acts, resulting in the foreclosure of their houses

You just randomly put up shit you find on Google without reading and comprehending what you just linked... you ignorant piece of shit... and the whole reason I am calling you out on it and not ignoring it is to show a new poster on this board the exact type of lying, manipulating, piece of shit that you are... you are a bastion of horseshit...

You are pwned

Illinois To Sue Countrywide Over "Unfair And Deceptive" Mortgages

Yes I thought that link stated the kind of fraud I was talking about and did read it only briefly.

This link provides the proof I was attempting to provide. Both loan recipiennts and investors are suing the lenders.

The fact remains that the loan companies duped people into loans.

There have ALWAYS been individual cases of lenders doing shit... but the FACT is that it has not gone up as the foreclosure rate has gone up... the FACT is that this predatory lending BULLSHIT you claim does not exist any more now than it has in ANY TIME in recent history..

your argument and LIES are BUSTED yet again...

PWNED

I hate to get in to this argument Dave, but HOW DO YOU KNOW that fraud cases against banks/financial institutions etc.... have NOT gone up greatly during this period compared to any time in recent history?

Have you seen statistics stating such and if you have, could you direct me to a link or a google search to get that kind of information...it would be interesting to analyze imo...?

care

I am 20 years old. Just starting my life out. I live within my means, and i don't purchase things ie. cars, HOUSES, boats, etc. etc. that I can't afford. And to hear about all these houses being forclosed because people decided to bite off more than they can chew, well call me a Redneck Republican, but its not my job to pay there bills. I would rather be considered a "Idiot Cowboy" who can pay his or her own bills rather than make millions of people pay them for me. I dont care that there trying to help people from there houses being forclosed, the point is, they should have spent a little more time going over there income, and making sure they could afford what they were doing. Instead they were worried about living in a classy more expensive neighborhood to look good. My parents spent 20 years of there life serving this country to then retire and now work for the government. Now at the age of 45, 48 after YEARS AND YEARS of hard work, they just bought there dream house. They waited this long, knowing that if they would have done it any earlier they couldnt have afforded it. My point is I dont want to, and shouldnt have to pay my neighbors bills. Its not my job, nor do I owe it to anyone. :eusa_snooty:

I agree with your post.

I am going to be a PITA about your grammar, though. :redface:

Bolded 'there' should be 'their' - possessive. "It is not my job to pay their bills".

Underlined 'there' should be 'they're' - contraction for 'they are'. "I don't care that they're trying to help people from their houses being foreclosed".

Since you posted that you were twenty and just starting out, I thought I'd just . . . help. No offensive intended. :)

Dude - STFU about the grammar ok? This is a messageboard not an English Class. You know what the hell he meant. If he wanted an English class I am sure he would have requested one. Freaking elitist assholes.

The problem is far more complex than you implied in your original post. Add to your calculations:
1) There is no way to determine whether those being bailed out are yuppies with an investment, crooks looking to flip a house for a quick profit, someone who purchases a second or third vacation house, or the ones that you imagine, with five kids, two jobs and a sudden illness.

You are uninformed on this part PC, there most certainly is a way to know ALL OF THOSE THINGS...in fact flippers and vacation homes, or second and third homes, are not eligible for any government help that has been given out so far...for the various home owner help bailouts...

I read your previous post and I can understand your situation. Best wishes.

As far as item number one above, based on your experience as to the way the government functions, and with the huge amount of money that is being thrown at the problem, how assiduous do you think they will be in giving money to those that fit your criteria. Further, since any forms to be filled out, will be based on self-reporting, I'm betting that vast amounts of money will go to people who don't deserve it.

In New York today, this was the lead story... Please watch video.
World News Examiner: Your tax dollars will bail out bus driver who bought $800,000 home

Do you want the government to pay this woman's mortgage?

dive, what he did was very responsible....

it was wise of him to take the adjustable rate mortgage at the lower interest rate...the savings, even with the refinancing costs in to a conventional mortgage 3 years down the road, was GREATER than if he had taken the straight conventional at that time...the bank even told him such...he's 20 year union with the papermill down the road, the most updated and environmentally safe papermill in maine and in the U S of A for that matter, the economy was good... there was no concern with losing a job or the house of depreciating...

He did the right thing...any financial adviser would say that he did the right thing by taking the deal on the adjustable for three years....

shoot, for about 2 years of watching house hunters on hgtv, they were all advising all of these couples buying to take out the adjustable mortgage deals and they could refinance before the rates went up...if you can get reruns of these shows, they show what all the mortgage brokers and realters were telling these young, pearly white, couples...intelligent couples...and they ALL BOUGHT IN TO IT....and i bet they all are under water on their homes now and can't get the conventional refinance.

It was a sure thing Dive...the refinancing in 3 years for the example i gave of my neighbor, his job was secure, and the adjustable would have saved him money, even with the fees to refinance in to a conventional when the time was right, and he had excellent credit so that wouldn't be an issue, he didn't take out a second mortgage and use that money too.... none of those things.

I tell ya, my hubby and I had a VA mortgage at 8,5% for the home we had in massachusetts, when mortgage rates dropped we refinanced in to a 7 year balloon mortgage at a 5% interest rate, the conventional rate was going for around 6.75% at the time so it was a pretty good monitary savings for us over the 7 year period....we never thought we were going to refinance, we just thought that we would sell the home and move to maine, before the adjustable mortgage/balloon came due...and luckily, we did sell it....

There is nothing wrong with adjustable rate mortgages or balloon mortgages...they are tools at ones fingertips to use the best way possible, especially when you know that you are responsible and have good credit with a good job that isn't going away any time soon so refinancing should be easy as pie....

there has never been a recovery from a recession or depression without a recovery in the housing sector...

all the money in the world that our government prints or borrows or spends in this economy and given to the banks will not stop things from getting worse...only a housing recovery can make us better....

This is where our money should have been spent, if at all.....and NOT on all the other things they have done.....history tells us this...and I stick by it!!!! :D

care

dive, what he did was very responsible....

it was wise of him to take the adjustable rate mortgage at the lower interest rate...the savings, even with the refinancing costs in to a conventional mortgage 3 years down the road, was GREATER than if he had taken the straight conventional at that time...the bank even told him such...he's 20 year union with the papermill down the road, the most updated and environmentally safe papermill in maine and in the U S of A for that matter, the economy was good... there was no concern with losing a job or the house of depreciating...

He did the right thing...any financial adviser would say that he did the right thing by taking the deal on the adjustable for three years....

shoot, for about 2 years of watching house hunters on hgtv, they were all advising all of these couples buying to take out the adjustable mortgage deals and they could refinance before the rates went up...if you can get reruns of these shows, they show what all the mortgage brokers and realters were telling these young, pearly white, couples...intelligent couples...and they ALL BOUGHT IN TO IT....and i bet they all are under water on their homes now and can't get the conventional refinance.

It was a sure thing Dive...the refinancing in 3 years for the example i gave of my neighbor, his job was secure, and the adjustable would have saved him money, even with the fees to refinance in to a conventional when the time was right, and he had excellent credit so that wouldn't be an issue, he didn't take out a second mortgage and use that money too.... none of those things.

I tell ya, my hubby and I had a VA mortgage at 8,5% for the home we had in massachusetts, when mortgage rates dropped we refinanced in to a 7 year balloon mortgage at a 5% interest rate, the conventional rate was going for around 6.75% at the time so it was a pretty good monitary savings for us over the 7 year period....we never thought we were going to refinance, we just thought that we would sell the home and move to maine, before the adjustable mortgage/balloon came due...and luckily, we did sell it....

There is nothing wrong with adjustable rate mortgages or balloon mortgages...they are tools at ones fingertips to use the best way possible, especially when you know that you are responsible and have good credit with a good job that isn't going away any time soon so refinancing should be easy as pie....

there has never been a recovery from a recession or depression without a recovery in the housing sector...

all the money in the world that our government prints or borrows or spends in this economy and given to the banks will not stop things from getting worse...only a housing recovery can make us better....

This is where our money should have been spent, if at all.....and NOT on all the other things they have done.....history tells us this...and I stick by it!!!! :D

care
no, he didn't do the right thing
he kept taking loan after loan on the equity

you are changing the parameters that i set
sorry care, but i don't think federal tax dollars should be bailing out ANYONE

Last edited:
Care says....
"you are wrongly blaming clinton for and no one was a bigger pusher of getting lower income people in to homes, than your own president bush the past 8 years...."

Now why don't you try READING post 116 just for the hell of it....and maybe even watch the videos...they are real you know..
I find it extremely funny that you and your lib friends would try to make the 'unfeeling', 'compassionateness' Conservatives at fault for promoting banks to give the poor mortgages at 120% of the cost of a home...suddenly the Cons are the bleeding hearts...thats very convenient......
you seem to also conviently forget the Dems labeling banks that did not give the poor loans RACIST BANKS.....guess you never in your life heard about that...

Then desh wants to blame Gramm and not Clinton for passing a bill she finds fault with....Democrats voted FOR that bill and CLINTON S I G N E D the bill...but Gramm is the real culprit....what hypocrisy......

Last edited:
Care says....
"you are wrongly blaming clinton for and no one was a bigger pusher of getting lower income people in to homes, than your own president bush the past 8 years...."

Now why don't you try READING post 116 just for the hell of it....and maybe even watch the videos...they are real you know..
I find it extremely funny that you and your lib friends would try to make the 'unfeeling', 'compassionateness' Conservatives at fault for promoting banks to give the poor mortgages at 120% of the cost of a home...suddenly the Cons are the bleeding hearts...thats very convenient......
you seem to also conviently forget the Dems labeling banks that did not give the poor loans RACIST BANKS.....guess you never in your life heard about that...

Then desh wants to blame Gramm and not Clinton for passing a bill she finds fault with....Democrats voted FOR that bill and CLINTON S I G N E D the bill...but Gramm is the real culprit....what hypocrisy......

if you are talking about the cut up and pasted together video of congressmen in a hearing, regarding the regulation of fannie/freddie, i saw it already....

the bill that graham inserted his little deregulation crap in to was a ''MUST PASS'' (...or the government would be shut down), APPROPRIATIONS BILL alpha....he snuck it in to a bill that was impossible to vote against...

Bill clinton signed the VETO PROOF appropriations bill....veto proof because more than 2/3's of congress voted yes for it so he could not stop it, even if he knew about grahams sneaky, and dirty little insertion of his non germane deregulation legislation in to this appropriations bill....

it was not done on the up and up alpha....

deregulation should never be part of an appropriations bill....you know that....if it was on the up and up, it would have been held alone, on its own merit with full congressional participation....and acknowledgment.

alpha, have you seen all the programs bush had initiative on to get poor people in to home ownership?

have you read or heard any of his speeches on it?

he was pushing it, really hard... i happen to agree with him on much of his goal to have put 5/6 million people in to home ownership...

i truly do not blame him for what the banks did....

care

alpha....94% of these bad toxic loans out there, were made to people who were not involved with the community reinvestment act, CRA...

the sooner you and others accept THAT FACT, you will under stand that what you are touting is simply not the case....not true...and you might realize this mess is so so so so so much more complicated than putting a handful of lower income people in to home ownership....

What CARE4ALL still refusues to see is the fact that its no ones responsibility except for there own...to pay there damn bills.

alpha....94% of these bad toxic loans out there, were made to people who were not involved with the community reinvestment act, CRA...

the sooner you and others accept THAT FACT, you will under stand that what you are touting is simply not the case....not true...and you might realize this mess is so so so so so much more complicated than putting a handful of lower income people in to home ownership....
i dont believe you have that correct
and, just because someone didnt get the loan under the act, doesnt mean the act didnt change the way the loaners did business

btw, those "toxic loans" your talking about, are the ones i used in MY example that you had no problem with your taxes going up to pay for it

Last edited:

Then desh wants to blame Gramm and not Clinton for passing a bill she finds fault with....Democrats voted FOR that bill and CLINTON S I G N E D the bill...but Gramm is the real culprit....what hypocrisy......[/b]

if you are talking about the cut up and pasted together video of congressmen in a hearing, regarding the regulation of fannie/freddie, i saw it already....

care[/QUOTE]

Did you miss post #119? Note the quotes from Washington Post, the Economist, NYTimes, Philly Trumpet.
The direction of the economy was caused, and will continue to be by the same people unless America comes to its senses and decides that time honored principles must apply. Those would be conservative principles.

I am 20 years old. Just starting my life out. I live within my means, and i don't purchase things ie. cars, HOUSES, boats, etc. etc. that I can't afford. And to hear about all these houses being forclosed because people decided to bite off more than they can chew, well call me a Redneck Republican, but its not my job to pay there bills. I would rather be considered a "Idiot Cowboy" who can pay his or her own bills rather than make millions of people pay them for me. I dont care that there trying to help people from there houses being forclosed, the point is, they should have spent a little more time going over there income, and making sure they could afford what they were doing. Instead they were worried about living in a classy more expensive neighborhood to look good. My parents spent 20 years of there life serving this country to then retire and now work for the government. Now at the age of 45, 48 after YEARS AND YEARS of hard work, they just bought there dream house. They waited this long, knowing that if they would have done it any earlier they couldnt have afforded it. My point is I dont want to, and shouldnt have to pay my neighbors bills. Its not my job, nor do I owe it to anyone. :eusa_snooty:

I agree with your post.

I am going to be a PITA about your grammar, though. :redface:

Bolded 'there' should be 'their' - possessive. "It is not my job to pay their bills".

Underlined 'there' should be 'they're' - contraction for 'they are'. "I don't care that they're trying to help people from their houses being foreclosed".

Since you posted that you were twenty and just starting out, I thought I'd just . . . help. No offensive intended. :)

Dude - STFU about the grammar ok? This is a messageboard not an English Class. You know what the hell he meant. If he wanted an English class I am sure he would have requested one. Freaking elitist assholes.

Dude - STFU about the grammar corrections, ok? This is a POLITICAL messageboard; not a Bitch About The Post Above You; Neither Of Which Have To Do With The Subject At Hand board.

Neat how THAT works, hey?

Forum List

Back