Pawlenty: If you can Google it, cut it

The government may provide some services, but private enterprise can do them better.

Any evidence in support of that or is this merely subjective opinion predicated on dogma.

It is not the government's pejorative to provide services; its' essential purpose is to enforce the law to ensure freedom, a environment conducive to building an economy. The government has put the American people in a particular situation, in that the popular sentiment is for ending these perpetual military endeavors and reigning in the crushing debt that this president, aided by a willing Fed, hoisted upon untold generations of Americans.

Somehow the left has simplified the argument over the proper role of the federal government, that the public sector is just as important an economic powerhouse as the private sector; dip-shit:

It is the tax base for the public sector that allows it to exist or expand because it is limited to the amount they are able to forcibly tax. In the abstinence of available tax funds, public sector growth becomes weighs back economic growth, acting as a parasite relentlessly feeding, resisting any cut backs threatening union protests.

It is actually quit simple, but there is this naive, ill-conceived notion that the government must provide and continually expand its' influence into states' affairs has given rise to a record number of food stamp recipients.

This kind of 'privatizing' is idiotic. I really don't understand what they think they're doing. Even as government moves to take over more and more services it shouldn't be involved in, we're privatizing things that should be under exclusive and direct control of government (prisons and essential military support, as just a couple of examples).

I don't know if people like Pawlenty are just going for cute soundbites, or if they really see things so simplistically. The issue of limited government isn't about the size, or even necessarily the scope, of government. It's about keeping government clearly focused on the things it should be concerned with, and leaving us free to live our lives otherwise.

Out of curiosity, is your opposition on private prisons based on the fact that it creates a constituency that has a vital interest in more things being made illegal?

You mean like how Zero has failed?

The government may provide some services, but private enterprise can do them better.

Now, I know the thought of being independent and taking care of yourself terrifies you Liberals, but the more you do it, the easier it gets.

Precisely

It's the liberals who are taking care of conservatives. Conservatives just haven't figured it out yet. It's why they say things like, "Keep government out of Medicare". Because they have swallowed Republican swill and now they don't know fact from fantasy.

No thanks.. I don't need your help nor any from a liberal.. I'm a conservative.. I can take care of myself

Precisely

It's the liberals who are taking care of conservatives. Conservatives just haven't figured it out yet. It's why they say things like, "Keep government out of Medicare". Because they have swallowed Republican swill and now they don't know fact from fantasy.

No thanks.. I don't need your help nor any from a liberal.. I'm a conservative.. I can take care of myself

Hearing undereducated and ignorant conservatives with no insurance insist they can "take care of themselves" is hilarious. Like Craig T. Nelson to Glenn Beck, "I was on food stamps and welfare. Anyone help me? No!".

Precisely

Wow, it's come to the point where the left is getting completely delusional. To say that this administration's policies and actions they have taken is not failing this country is delusional.

The media is reporting that economic indicators are suggesting that we are plummeting beyond 2008 circumstances, and you believe the left is winning. 24% of Americans align themselves to Obama politically.

2008? You mean what Bush left Obama with?

Does anyone really wonder why the republicans fail so often given power?
You mean like how Zero has failed?

Now, I know the thought of being independent and taking care of yourself terrifies you Liberals, but the more you do it, the easier it gets.

Do you seriously believe that? The VA, considered one of the best in the world, spends 94 cents for every dollar on patients. The other 6 cents goes to administration. What do health care companies spend. The CEO of Cigna received over a $110,000,000.00 in compensation. The CEO of one heath care company receives 7% of all revenues for his salary. How many insurance policies do you have to skim for paychecks this size.

Medicare, with all the people they take care of is a measly 3% of GDP. Health care is nearly 18% and Medicare gets all these sick and infirm and elderly.

When have Republicans learned to hate the government so much they have lost all reason? We vote those people into office. You can change it. Why destroy it? What can you suggest is better? This is insanity.

Hearing undereducated and ignorant conservatives with no insurance insist they can "take care of themselves" is hilarious. Like Craig T. Nelson to Glenn Beck, "I was on food stamps and welfare. Anyone help me? No!".

Unlike you, your ilk, and the ones you cater to for votes.. I can feed myself... earn my own income to buy things I want or need... I can buy and take care of my own house... I can pay for my own health care and/or health insurance... I can dress my children... I can decide where I want to purchase something from... I can work a menial job if it is what it takes to survive, hell I could work 3... I can swallow my pride and do what I must... and most importantly, I can think for myself and not feel government has to be my nanny in this world

So go fuck yourself rdummy, you might as well get some action in this lifetime

Out of curiosity, is your opposition on private prisons based on the fact that it creates a constituency that has a vital interest in more things being made illegal?

That's a big part of it, yeah. Not to mention the obvious incentive for the for-profit prisons to prefer more convictions and longer sentences. We had a thoroughly disgusting case here in PA last year where a judge was taking kickbacks from a private youth detention facility in exchange for providing just that.

The whole reason we have government, in my opinion, is to ban the use of violent force for personal gain. We should never allow profit to be generated from activities that involve using force on the unwilling - law enforcement, incarceration, warfare etc...

Unlike you, your ilk, and the ones you cater to for votes.. I can feed myself... earn my own income to buy things I want or need... I can buy and take care of my own house... I can pay for my own health care and/or health insurance... I can dress my children... I can decide where I want to purchase something from... I can work a menial job if it is what it takes to survive, hell I could work 3... I can swallow my pride and do what I must... and most importantly, I can think for myself and not feel government has to be my nanny in this world

You rely on yourself a whole lot less than you think. It's government that builds the roads you drive on. Would you really want your kids in a car that was built without government safety regulations or eat food that hadn't been inspected? The list is endless in the ways government protects you and takes care of you. Our government is not some evil cabal made up of shadowy figures in backrooms who smoke cigars. This is what Republicans would have you believe.

You rely on yourself a whole lot less than you think. It's government that builds the roads you drive on. Would you really want your kids in a car that was built without government safety regulations or eat food that hadn't been inspected? The list is endless in the ways government protects you and takes care of you. Our government is not some evil cabal made up of shadowy figures in backrooms who smoke cigars. This is what Republicans would have you believe.

Protects... not provides... and protects the populace as a whole, not individuals... the roads are not built for me, they are built for all to freely access EQUALLY... not for some...

The government is not inherently evil.. but much like many governments along the way, it is power hungry and over bloated...

I rely on myself more than I am reliant on any government service... unlike you and your ilk

Protects... not provides... and protects the populace as a whole, not individuals... the roads are not built for me, they are built for all to freely access EQUALLY... not for some...

The government is not inherently evil.. but much like many governments along the way, it is power hungry and over bloated...

I rely on myself more than I am reliant on any government service... unlike you and your ilk

Like all other trolls, you rely on the rest of us to feed you.

This thread was supposed to be about T-Paw, remember? Or did you ever care?

Like all other trolls, you rely on the rest of us to feed you.

This thread was supposed to be about T-Paw, remember? Or did you ever care?

Yawn... otherwise stated, you have nothing... but your ever repeated and misguided mantra

And yes... much that is 'provided' by the government is absolutely unnecessary, as people have the personal responsibility to provide for themselves, or reap the consequences when they do not... so at the 10000 foot level, t-paw is pretty spot on... even if I don't like the particular statement he made

What a simplistic view towards the role of Government

And he wants to run it?

What a simplistic view towards the role of Government

And he wants to run it?

And you want people who have an overly complex view of govt, with hopes of expanding it more and more?? That is more misguided than trying to wrangle in the leviathan, and reduce it's scope while keeping the parts left as powerful as they need to be to administer and legislate

That's a big part of it, yeah. Not to mention the obvious incentive for the for-profit prisons to prefer more convictions and longer sentences. We had a thoroughly disgusting case here in PA last year where a judge was taking kickbacks from a private youth detention facility in exchange for providing just that.

The whole reason we have government, in my opinion, is to ban the use of violent force for personal gain. We should never allow profit to be generated from activities that involve using force on the unwilling - law enforcement, incarceration, warfare etc...

Agreed.

Pawlenty economic plan: I'll Google my way to cuts - Jun. 7, 2011

"We can start by applying what I call 'The Google Test.' If you can find a good or service on the Internet, then the federal government probably doesn't need to be doing it," Pawlenty said.

Interpreted broadly, the test could spell the end of federal involvement in the storage of nuclear waste, environmental clean-up efforts and disaster relief -- all services that a Google search reveals are offered by private sector firms.
"I guess it's an interesting strategy," said Craig Jennings, director of federal fiscal policy at OMB Watch, a budget watchdog group. "You could probably find private investigators, so let's get rid of the FBI, and there are labs that do food inspections, so let's eliminate federal food inspectors."

"It seems that Pawlenty's economic plan is falling right in line with other Republicans in the field," Jennings said. "Cut taxes, cut spending and then hope for unrealistic economic growth."

Tim Pawlenty’s failing Google Test - ComPost - The Washington Post

thingsongoogle.GIF

Do you realize what services are on the Internet?

Every service.

Yes, the test is probably supposed to be a modern-day update of Indianapolis Mayor Stephen Goldsmith’s “Yellow Pages test.” But it’s completely ridiculous.

Do you know what is in the phone book? A reasonable list of goods and services localized in a particular area.

Do you know what is on Google?

EVERYTHING ON THIS PLANET!

If you can Google, cut it
-------------------------------------------------------

GOV. PAWLENTY: In the scientific community, it seems like intelligent design is dismissed — not entirely, there are a lot of scientists who would make the case that it is appropriate to be taught and appropriate to be demonstrated, but in terms of the curriculum in the schools in Minnesota, we’ve taken the approach that that’s a local decision. I know Senator Palin — or Governor Palin — has said intelligent design is something that she thinks should be taught along with evolution in the schools, and I think that’s appropriate.

Out of the closet: Pawlenty endorses teaching creationism in schools | Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media.

-------------------------------------------------------

The Republican Presidential Nominee is as well versed in "science" as he is in "technology". "A lot of scientists" only counts if 2% is considered "a lot".

Then there are the comments about "Google" and the US Government.

Where do right wingers get these people? Oh, that's right. Drum out those darn "educated elitists" and Pawlenty and Palin and others of that ilk are what's left.

you too have an inability to comprehend the English language .....:eusa_hand:

that's not a correct reading of the role of government as described in the constitution. if government were not supposed to provide, why do you suppose there is a general welfare clause? why do you suppose that no where in the constitution does it say the role of government is not to provide for that general welfare? do you deny that when the populace is lifted up, it is in the general welfare of society?

what "ilk" is reliant on government services? i'd direct you, once again, to the fact that red states suck more from the federal system than blue states while blue states pay more than they get back.

that kind of shoots rightwingnut arguments about "libs" and the system in the proverbial butt...

and just for the record there are many gov. agancies whom already employ contractors, in massive numbers.

for instance; nasa employs a huge number of environmental health and safety professionals from contract services.

water treatment reg.s compliance depend on private labs who analyze samples. The gov. does little but shuffle the paperwork once they get it.

same for the The Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) inside the agric. dept. .....

so?

Forum List

Back