Paula Deen

king.solomon

Rookie
Jun 12, 2013
Ancient Israel
Paula Deen is one of the most prestigious voices in America when it comes to cooking. For the past 11 years, The Food Network aired a show highlighting Deen's culinary abilities. Paula Deen is also a successful author and owner of a restaurant in her native Savannah, Georgia.

It is in this restaurant where Deen's current troubles originate. A longtime employee has filed a lawsuit against Deen's restaurant based on sexist and racist conduct that she says is allowed to go on there unabated. Therefore, Mrs. Deen found herself in a deposition hearing. In the hearing, Deen confessed to some things that were so appalling, that The Food Network has dropped her immediately.

At the heart of this fiasco, is race. Many people are convinced that Paula Deen is racist, yet many swear on a stack of Bibles that she is not.

This is a problem that we should look closer at in America. Are some people bigots, prejudice, racist, or discriminatory and don't even know it?

Is it ok to call other races and cultures derogatory epithets because you hire them?

Personally, Paula Deen doesn't come off to me as a vile racist... even after hearing what she said in the deposition. Yet, still, what does that mean?? That a person is just A LITTLE BIT racist?

See what I mean?

Your Thoughts...

Last edited:
If she was catering a "Gone wit the Wind Wedding" and she hired black servers, that would be one thing. Calling them the N word was never acceptable, now or thirty years ago.

I also heard she called one of her employees "her little monkey." I just would like to think that isn't true. One, I'd like to think she's smarter than that, and Two, I'd like to think she's a nicer person than that.

yall are just blinded by her bless your heart ways!

wanna see the real paula deen?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rH6SzO0H_8]Paula Deen profanity-laden blooper reel - YouTube[/ame]

If she was catering a "Gone wit the Wind Wedding" and she hired black servers, that would be one thing. Calling them the N word was never acceptable, now or thirty years ago.

I also heard she called one of her employees "her little monkey." I just would like to think that isn't true. One, I'd like to think she's smarter than that, and Two, I'd like to think she's a nicer person than that.

My grandmother used the n word but my mother would have slapped us across the face if we did even 30 years ago.

Paula is ignorant.

My grandmother used the n word but my mother would have slapped us across the face if we did even 30 years ago.

Paula is ignorant.

A slap across the face is not a public shaming and destruction of ones means of living.

Getting to the point where even saying a "bad word" not in public, but in private can now ruin a person's livelyhood reeks of ThoughtCrime.

Paula is ignorant.

A slap across the face is not a public shaming and destruction of ones means of living.

Getting to the point where even saying a "bad word" not in public, but in private can now ruin a person's livelyhood reeks of ThoughtCrime.

Why not ask some of the successful companies that are severing ties with her like QVC?

You seem as ignorant as poor Paula..

Paula is ignorant.

Why not ask some of the successful companies that are severing ties with her like QVC?

What are you talking about? So because QVC jumps on the "someone said ****** once in thier life so we should castigate them" bandwagon, somehow that makes it all right?

What are you talking about? So because QVC jumps on the "someone said ****** once in thier life so we should castigate them" bandwagon, somehow that makes it all right?

So you believe that is the one and only time she ever said it? Highly doubtful. And yes, I do believe they should get her off the air, she's too damn dumb to communicate effectively.

So you believe that is the one and only time she ever said it? Highly doubtful. And yes, I do believe they should get her off the air, she's too damn dumb to communicate effectively.

Nazi.

Paula Deen is one of the most prestigious voices in America when it comes to cooking. For the past 11 years, The Food Network aired a show highlighting Deen's culinary abilities. Paula Deen is also a successful author and owner of a restaurant in her native Savannah, Georgia.

It is in this restaurant where Deen's current troubles originate. A longtime employee has filed a lawsuit against Deen's restaurant based on sexist and racist conduct that she says is allowed to go on there unabated. Therefore, Mrs. Deen found herself in a deposition hearing. In the hearing, Deen confessed to some things that were so appalling, that The Food Network has dropped her immediately.

At the heart of this fiasco, is race. Many people are convinced that Paula Deen is racist, yet many swear on a stack of Bibles that she is not.

This is a problem that we should look closer at in America. Are some people bigots, prejudice, racist, or discriminatory and don't even know it?

Is it ok to call other races and cultures derogatory epithets because you hire them?

Personally, Paula Deen doesn't come off to me as a vile racist... even after hearing what she said in the deposition. Yet, still, what does that mean?? That a person is just A LITTLE BIT racist?

See what I mean?

Your Thoughts...

Do you have the deposition ? As for the name calling, personally, in my book calling a black person "******" or "little monkey" is something you should not be able to sue over. Its no different then calling women ***** or gay people fags. This is about money and nothing more then a money grab. This type of thing happens all the time. Personally, I can't stand Dean. The fake accent, and food that kills but does not nourish while pushing diabetes drugs. This is like people with lung cancer selling smokes. I dislike Dean, but this stuff doesn't play into it at all.

Forum List

Back