Paul Ryan Is No Friend Of The President

What will the great negotiator negotiate next? I can't wait...

75680550.jpg
This is gonna be a long 8 years for you assholes.
This is only round one.

Lol! Trump will be gone in 2 years.

This man Ryan is politically destroying President Trumps reputation, in an attempt to increase his standing within the Republican party. This is at the overall cost of destroying all the gains the Republican party made during the last presidential campaign. Ryan is a failure, and his incompetence is now spilling over to President Trump.
This performance in the President Trumps first one hundred days, is political suicide for the Republican party.
This performance is doing nothing but helping Democrates regain the momentum that they lost during the last presidential campaign.Paul Ryan should step down now. This has been a disaster for President Trump.!!
No he hasn't.
The media spins it that way.....but it only reinforces what we've been saying along.
Trump is an outsider who is fighting against the same people who tried to keep him from winning the presidency.
And they're fully entrenched in the government.
How was he fighting against these things when he was pushing for this shit bill and threatening other republicans who openly said the bill was shit? Trump was complicit in this bill and its failure. Nether him or Ryan did what they were put in office to do which was to REPEAL the ACA. instead they tried to put lipstick on a pig and sell it to us as new.

I disagree. Ryan failed to deliver a passable bill and that may be reason to question his competence, but I see no reason to believe he set out to sabotage the bill.

I'm not questioning his competence....I'm convinced he has a different agenda that's not about Trump succeeding. He's been eager to get in front of microphones saying there's no proof Trump was spied on. He contradicted the President about the size of the corporate tax rate cut. And he's said nothing about the fake news hatred Trump has been taking. There's something amiss with Speaker Ryan.
Whether Ryan likes Trump or dislikes Trump is irrelevant. You don't get to be Speaker of the House by only dealing with people you like. Ryan opposed Trump during the primaries mainly because he thought Trump would be bad for the Republican down ticket; in fact just the opposite proved to be true.

Trump is an unusually outspoken and blunt President, when he makes controversial statements, Ryan understands anything he says about them will be seen as the official position of House Republicans by most voters, so he has to consider what his statement will do for or against Republicans who will be running for office. He may be right or wrong in his decisions, but I think they are based on professional, not personal, considerations.

Ryan has been a major advocate of repealing and replacing Obamacare for years, and it makes no sense to me that he thought scoring a major defeat on such a major agenda item would be a boost to his political ambitions. I do think, however, that he did a poor job of managing this the bill. Imo, he made two major mistakes. First, he failed to sell the bill to the public, and second, he did not deal with far right objections until he finally realized he couldn't pass the bill without them.

Had he done a better job of selling the bill to the public, it would have been much more difficult for House Republicans to oppose it, and if he had considered the far right opposition from the beginning, he never would have run into a situation where they had the power to make or break the bill. The key error, imo, was not characterizing the bill as returning to the states the power Obamacare unconstitutionally took away to make their own decisions about how to help their citizens who would lose Obamacare subsidies keep their health insurance. From the beginning huge block grants to the states for just this purpose were a part of the plan, but instead of pushing this item at the front of the bill, it was barely mentioned, and the CBO was allowed to provide its report on the bill without ever analyzing the effect of the block grants. This was a horrible mistake and the poor CBO report played a major part in reducing public support of the bill and in allowing the far right conservatives to so freely oppose it.

There is clear reason to question Ryan's competence to manage the House during the big item agenda of the Trump administration.

This is in-house business and nobody cares what you shithead leftists think about any of it. Your candidate was an old bought and paid for psycho who'd have let you starve to death in the dark if it inconvenienced her getting richer. You have NO SAY in any of this..you lost, you always lose even when they tell you you've won.

This man Ryan is politically destroying President Trumps reputation, in an attempt to increase his standing within the Republican party. This is at the overall cost of destroying all the gains the Republican party made during the last presidential campaign. Ryan is a failure, and his incompetence is now spilling over to President Trump.
This performance in the President Trumps first one hundred days, is political suicide for the Republican party.
This performance is doing nothing but helping Democrates regain the momentum that they lost during the last presidential campaign.Paul Ryan should step down now. This has been a disaster for President Trump.!!
No he hasn't.
The media spins it that way.....but it only reinforces what we've been saying along.
Trump is an outsider who is fighting against the same people who tried to keep him from winning the presidency.
And they're fully entrenched in the government.
So should we assume that Trump is now lying (again) when he says he wants to work with Pelosi and Schumer to craft a really great bi-partisan bill?

Or are you aboard that?

Hell yeah I am.....this is about our citizen's health and welfare and that shouldn't be a partisan issue. I didn't agree with cutting off medicaid to poor people but I thought it should be restructured to get the phonies off it and open new clinics to see the poor. Trump should work with anybody who can fix what's coming...if that's Schumer and Pelosi so be it. We'll get the Freedom Caucus onboard with the the rest of the agenda...no point banging heads with them further on healthcare.

You'll get the Democrats and the Freedom Caucus together...

lol...joke of the day.

I guess when you're starving so much for a win....you start blowing things out of proportion.

The funny thing is I didn't want the bill to pass, but I knew that Democrats and the media would use it as an excuse to trash the only person in Washington that's fighting for us.
If I meet any of these fuckers in person they're dead meat. It would be fun to beat them repeatedly about the head and shoulders.
But dammit, none of them ever ends up in my AO.

While I don't agree with everything Trump says or does, I know people are fed up with the democrats.

This is why I am a conservative and not a populous nationalist....I believe in the truth. Like Ben Shapiro says fact doesn't care about your feelings. Fact is this bill was shit. This bill was just another form of the ACA and it was shit. Fact was Trump PUSHED HARD for this bill. Fact is Trump lied to us voters when he said he would repeal the ACA when he pushed for this bill. Fact is Trump is still a progressive when it comes to many things. Paul Ryan is going to correctly take tons of crap for this abomination of a bill. Trump should as well. He didn't try and stop this Obama care light bill he actively supported it. He attacked other republicans who didn't support this bill.

It wasn't Trump who helped the American people from this bill he fully supported....It was CONSERVATIVES that put the American people first and not ego or fear of reelection.

Yet we can see the Trumpers all here attacking Ryan like Trump had nothing to do with this debacle. Fact doesn't care about your feelings.

Where's the big beautiful plan Trump told you Chumps he had for healthcare?

Oh, that's right. He lied about that. And so you took out your brain eraser and forgot he lied.

Trump's big beautiful plan was to steal credit for the hard work of others. Conversely, he is to never take responsibility or blame. He absolutely depends on the willful stupidity of his Chumps who have already forgotten he said he had his own plan and that it "is going to be so easy" to repeal and replace ObamaCare. :lol:

Sources: Trump learned a lesson on dealmaking - CNNPolitics.com

"He didn't care or particularly know about health care," a key GOP congressional aide said about Trump following the stunning defeat of the Republican health care plan Friday.

"If you are going to be a great negotiator, you have to know about the subject matter," the aide said, adding that overhauling health care is far different from building a golf course.

You Chumps have been hoaxed. Your morbidly obese Emperor has no clothes. Stop averting your eyes from this fact.
Unlike obama, Trump is on the right path.
Did you honestly think there weren't going to be a few bumps along the way? :laugh:
There are always bumps but the libs act like there wasn't supposed to be any.
They did the same shit during the election.
Strange how little effect it had.

This is why I am a conservative and not a populous nationalist....I believe in the truth. Like Ben Shapiro says fact doesn't care about your feelings. Fact is this bill was shit. This bill was just another form of the ACA and it was shit. Fact was Trump PUSHED HARD for this bill. Fact is Trump lied to us voters when he said he would repeal the ACA when he pushed for this bill. Fact is Trump is still a progressive when it comes to many things. Paul Ryan is going to correctly take tons of crap for this abomination of a bill. Trump should as well. He didn't try and stop this Obama care light bill he actively supported it. He attacked other republicans who didn't support this bill.

It wasn't Trump who helped the American people from this bill he fully supported....It was CONSERVATIVES that put the American people first and not ego or fear of reelection.

Yet we can see the Trumpers all here attacking Ryan like Trump had nothing to do with this debacle. Fact doesn't care about your feelings.

Fuck off..you're a fake and a troll.

Fuck off..you're a fake and a troll.
Yes that must be it... I joined here 8 ( sure feels like it has been longer then that.) years ago just so I can troll Trump who I voted for.

Grow up. Trump supported this shitty bill and conservatives stopped it not Trump. Facts are hard things for honest people to ignore.

The Freedom Caucus guy dodged the question about pre-existing problems with Chris Wallace. They were for that which is why the ACA was born in the first place. Doomed and unable to get help other than ER care (followed by bankruptcy) was what millions of Americans were dealing with. The insurance companies LOVE the FC boys...they can do business only with healthy people that way. Face the facts....once the people saw what Ryan's bill had in store for them and what the FC wanted to add to it, made it a lead balloon. Trump believed Ryan....BIG mistake...now he knows what he didn't know before.

Yes that must be it... I joined here 8 ( sure feels like it has been longer then that.) years ago just so I can troll Trump who I voted for.

Grow up. Trump supported this shitty bill and conservatives stopped it not Trump. Facts are hard things for honest people to ignore.

YOU grow the fuck up, boy. I been on boards like this for 15 years and I know a fraud when I see one. No conservative worth shit would degrade a GOP president on a public forum. How about you go swap spit with George Will and Krauthammer and the rest of that tight-assed bunch of purists who never got anybody elected, including Reagan.

Forum List

Back