Paul Allen RIP

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Damn, very fine man.

Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen dies at 65

Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, who had been suffering from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, a form of cancer, passed away at the age of 65 on Monday, his family said.

Allen had said earlier this month that he had started treatment for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, the same type of cancer he overcame nine years ago.

Born in Seattle, Allen attended Washington State University for two years before dropping out to co-found Microsoft in 1975 with Bill Gates, a friend of his from high school.

Allen, who left Microsoft in 1983, set up investment firm Vulcan Inc. in 1986 to manage his multibillion-dollar portfolio.

I just saw that. Sad.

"Mr. Allen, thank you. A brilliant mind, a giving heart and an unforgettable legacy. Thoughts and prayers to your friends and family. May you Rest In Peace. It was an honor knowing you." - Blazers Hall Of Famer Meyers Leonard

Damn, very fine man.

Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, who had been suffering from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, a form of cancer, passed away at the age of 65 on Monday, his family said.

Allen had said earlier this month that he had started treatment for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, the same type of cancer he overcame nine years ago.

Born in Seattle, Allen attended Washington State University for two years before dropping out to co-found Microsoft in 1975 with Bill Gates, a friend of his from high school.

Allen, who left Microsoft in 1983, set up investment firm Vulcan Inc. in 1986 to manage his multibillion-dollar portfolio.

I wish I'd known him in '76. I'd have offered to invest in his fledgling company.

Damn, very fine man.

Yep, Paul Allen; co-founder of Micro Soft & buying up all of the Jimi Hendrix stuff.

Being rich & wealthy aint everything; can't take it with ya.

My late Mother was fighting another form of lymphoma for over ten years B4 death knocked on her door; cancer sucks major ass, NO MATTER what your class.

Damn, very fine man.

I wish I'd known him in '76. I'd have offered to invest in his fledgling company.

Boy no shit, can you imagine how much money an early investor would have now ?

Just the other day when he announced his cancer had returned, he was confident he would beat it again.

Sad to hear

A software pioneer, philanthropist and sports lover

Damn, very fine man.

I call dibs on his yaught.

Superyacht-Octopus.JPG

superyacht-octopus-31183.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back