Patriotism in America

Coulda fooled me.

pa·tri·ot·ism​

/ˈpātrēəˌtiz(ə)m/​

noun
  • 1.the quality of being patriotic; devotion to and vigorous support for one's country:"a highly decorated officer of unquestionable integrity and patriotism"
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries

The problem is that patriotism is culturally defined by just going along with whatever the government says or does ir wants to do.

Real patriotism is standing up to it when it's operating or trying to operate out of bounds of and/or contrary to its role.

That's what vigorous support for one's country means. Standing up against that crap.

images-1.jpg

But as much as I was an Obama supporter, his administration committed far more felonies.
His increase of troops in Iraq and Afghanistan was illegal.
His support for bribes, weapons, etc. to the Ukraine was illegal.
His mandate and penalty for ACA was illegal.
His "Arab Spring" attack on Qaddafi and Assad was illegal.

The problem is that patriotism is culturally defined by just going along with whatever the government says or does ir wants to do.

Real patriotism is standing up to it when it's operating or trying to operate out of bounds of and/or contrary to its role.

That's what vigorous support for one's country means. Standing up against that crap.

Agree.
In a republic, real patriotism means resisting government mandates and foreign illegal wars.
The government is supposed to serve us, not the other way around.

Agree.
In a republic, real patriotism means resisting government mandates and foreign illegal wars.
The government is supposed to serve us, not the other way around.
You can't spell patriotism without riot. So get busy. Get your couch potato brethren up, for a reason other than getting another snack.

Oh, I understand it alright.

You people try to portray yourselves as deep thinkers and intellects when really- y'all mostly just show yourselves to be snotty little elitist bigots.

Fuck off.
It sure must seem that way from the base model human perspective anyway. :dunno:

Forum List

Back