Parkland Shooting Survivors Sue Sheriff Office & School System

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
"The failure of Broward County Public Schools, and of the principal and school resource officer to adequately protect students, and in particular our client, from life-threatening harm were unreasonable, callous and negligent,” attorney Alex Arreaza says in the letter. “Such action or inaction led to the personal injuries sustained by my client.”

The Sheriff ordered his deputies to stay outside of the school, out of harm's way, as kids were being gunned down.

Deputies remained outside, had no idea what the shooter looked like as a result, and allowed him to mingle in with escaping kids and get away.

The Sheriff ordered his deputies to defend him and his decisions / the department's actions.....

Two Parkland shooting survivors announce intent to sue sheriff's office, school system

The SC has ruled police officers have a right to life. They do NOT have to protect you. EVEN IF you have a restraining order..

The SC has ruled police officers have a right to life. They do NOT have to protect you. EVEN IF you have a restraining order..

I find it comical that the left just says "you don't need guns, the cops can protect you" while at the same time the cops are saying "we don't have a duty to protect you, but if we feel like it, we will"

In fact, the SC ruled on a case where a woman sued castle rock colorado for not protecting her when her husband violated a protective order.

Must be the ruling the Broward Coawrds hid behind
I think they are complete cowards.
BUT i dont think they should be sued.
If they sue anyone, they should sue his estate. HE is the only one responsible.

Oh there are plenty to blame for this one...my husband predicted right after it happened the lawsuits will fly

I find it comical that the left just says "you don't need guns, the cops can protect you" while at the same time the cops are saying "we don't have a duty to protect you, but if we feel like it, we will"
I find it comical to try to lay blame on one side when clearly the laws passed were supported by both sides..

If their attorneys are worth a shit they should have included the Cruz estate also....

Oh there are plenty to blame for this one...my husband predicted right after it happened the lawsuits will fly
I knew there would be lawsuits. Everyone did.

I find it comical to try to lay blame on one side when clearly the laws passed were supported by both sides..

Are you saying most Republicans support gun bans?

They did when the law was signed in 1990...

Thank God Bush isn't President now.then we would never hear the end of it as Maxine and al green demand we impeach Bush for the shootings even though Bush had nothing to do with it

They did when the law was signed in 1990...

THE law? there was only one in 1990?

When has a cop ever protected you. I do not invite them into my life. No cop has ever protected me and I have had absolutely no joy in dealing with any of them. I would like to know is there any body out there that has been protected by a cop. Please share your story. I did have one change my tire once.

Forum List

Back