Parking Has Eaten American Cities

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
940.jpg
:9:

Think about it. Look around you. How much of your home’s area is designed for vehicles? And roads are wider. Why?

Joni Mitchell famously sang: “They paved paradise and put up a parking lot.” It’s time we reclaim our cities from car storage and use the space for what we need more of, from housing and bike lanes to sidewalk cafes and parks.

The article gives specifics about various cities. It would be interesting to see an estimate of how much of our national acreage is made up of spaces to park vehicles.

The article is @ The Overparked States of America - CityLab

with populations growing, that's just the way it is
I live in a medium size city and parking is hard to get on the streets
...bike lanes are just about useless in most areas--the majority of people don't bike to work/entertainment/restaurants/etc
...so we build housing, but no roads?
it says NY ''parking spaces per household is.6
yet there are 2 cars per household in the US
and doesn't NYcity skew the stats as they have a density of 28,000 per sq-mile??
what are we supposed to do?? walk?

...bike lanes are just about useless in most areas--the majority of people don't bike to work/entertainment/restaurants/etc
and doesn't NYcity skew the stats as they have a density of 28,000 per sq-mile??

INNOVATE

INNOVATE
such as??

INNOVATE
such as??

shape-shifting cars------that fold up and become pocket size

INNOVATE
such as??
stay out of cities....here its easy,.Mpls/StPaul have nothing to offer you cant find anywhere else in the burbs except Pro sports and the cost of those is getting prohibitive.

INNOVATE
such as??
stay out of cities....here its easy,.Mpls/StPaul have nothing to offer you cant find anywhere else in the burbs except Pro sports and the cost of those is getting prohibitive.

new modes of transportation------little beanies with
propellers on top that REALLY WORK

INNOVATE
such as??

new modes of transportation------little beanies with
propellers on top that REALLY WORK
Cool....

Populace control by allowing people to commit suicide... Another left wing winner.... And a defining thing of left wing enviro-Marxists who advocate population reduction by force..

Forum List

Back