California’s Straw Ban Based on Research Done by a 9 Year Old

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
When I stopped laughing, I bothered to read the article and found out just how totally ridiculous the whole thing is. What has happened to the people of my home state? Some kind of virulent stupidity bug?

straw-ban.jpg

More of this @ California's Straw Ban Based on Research Done by a 9 Year Old

I save the plastic straws that come with------"take away food"
(if they are unused and wrapped in paper I have lots.)
I have chop sticks too. I think that the chopsticks are bamboo. and NOT PLASTIC (not sure) Will I be arrested
for "POSSESSION" or for "INTENT"? If the search warrant does not MENTION "drinking straws" or
"chop sticks" can the evidence still be introduced in court?

It took a 9 year old to figure out plastic floating around in the ocean and our waterways was a bad thing?

By banning those plastic straws, it INCREASES the amount of plastic used for the containers that used to have straws in them.

Starbucks Bans Plastic Straws, Winds Up Using More Plastic

Epic fail!
Not sure that addresses the point. So starbucks fucked up and used more plastic in their lids. that still puts more plastic in the waterways and oceans.

It took a 9 year old to figure out plastic floating around in the ocean and our waterways was a bad thing?

By banning those plastic straws, it INCREASES the amount of plastic used for the containers that used to have straws in them.

Epic fail!
Not sure that addresses the point. So starbucks fucked up and used more plastic in their lids. that still puts more plastic in the waterways and oceans.

It is the feel good thinking that fails to solve the problem, which the article I posted shows in some detail. Straws are a TINY part of the plastic waste problem, which is why banning them is self defeating when all it does is INCREASE the total amount of plastic being entered into the ocean waters.

Read the article I posted for the details.

Epic fail!

It is the feel good thinking that fails to solve the problem, which the article I posted shows in some detail. Straws are a TINY part of the plastic waste problem, which is why banning them is self defeating when all it does is INCREASE the total amount of plastic being entered into the ocean waters.

No. Its a fuckup on starbucks part and only starbucks. Anything that takes more plastic out of the waterways is a good thing.

I dont need to read the article. You pulled a fuckup from one company to justify the continuing effort to pollute the planet.

In the SF bay area no one uses plastic for fast food. No containers or packaging other than for recyclable containers in grocery stores. Everything is paper and gets recycled.

Epic fail!

No. Its a fuckup on starbucks part and only starbucks. Anything that takes more plastic out of the waterways is a good thing.

I dont need to read the article. You pulled a fuckup from one company to justify the continuing effort to pollute the planet.

What a stupid reply since I wasn't advocating polluting the ocean waters to prop up a business. What I was pointing out is that feel good ideas are often a waste of time and money to deal with an undenied pollution problem.

The article I posted provided a nice summary of what needs to be done to deal with it, your closemindedness over it makes clear you are being a loudmouth.

Epic fail!

What a stupid reply since I wasn't advocating polluting the ocean waters to prop up a business. What I was pointing out is that feel good ideas are often a waste of time and money to deal with an undenied pollution problem.

The article I posted provided a nice summary of what needs to be done to deal with it, your closemindedness over it makes clear you are being a loudmouth.
Hey dummy. Didnt you post this?

"By banning those plastic straws, it INCREASES the amount of plastic used for the containers that used to have straws in them."

Only someone illiterate would make that claim. Youre excuse was that since straws are a small part of the waste banning them created more waste. Youre an idiot for coming to that conclusion.

Anybody enthusiastic about a straw ban is a total mental case! Mention a straw ban around most people and watch the response.....:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Same as when you tell them they've been painting streets white in California!!!

So next time you get on an elevator full of people.....go for it!

@www.laughyourballsoff.com

Epic fail!

"By banning those plastic straws, it INCREASES the amount of plastic used for the containers that used to have straws in them."

Only someone illiterate would make that claim. Youre excuse was that since straws are a small part of the waste banning them created more waste. Youre an idiot for coming to that conclusion.

You are indeed a lazy reader, from MY article I posted here in the thread was these words you didn't read despite my invitation:

"At most, straws account for about 2,000 tons of the 9 million tons of plastic that are estimated to enter the ocean each year, according to the Associated Press—.02 percent of all plastic waste. The pollution problem posed by straws looks even smaller when considering that the United States is responsible for about one percent of plastic waste entering the oceans, with straws being a smaller percentage still."

Not my conclusion at all moron, it was based on research at this LINK

Most of the plastic problem are from THIRD world countries.

I have been in boats and ships near some of the third world nations coastlines seeing FIRST HAND the disgrace of floating garbage all over the area near the shipping docks. I KNOW from personal experience how awful it is to see it like that.

Last edited:

Epic fail!

Another slap down for you, read and learn:

"Yet missing from this fanfare was the inconvenient fact that by ditching plastic straws, Starbucks will actually be increasing its plastic use. As it turns out, the new nitro lids that Starbucks is leaning on to replace straws are made up of more plastic than the company's current lid/straw combination.

Right now, Starbucks patrons are topping most of their cold drinks with either 3.23 grams or 3.55 grams of plastic product, depending on whether they pair their lid with a small or large straw. The new nitro lids meanwhile weigh either 3.55 or 4.11 grams, depending again on lid size."

Eco warriors were pleased with this ban despite that it didn't solve anything.

When you refuse to read when invited, it is YOU who gets ignorant.

Anybody enthusiastic about a straw ban is a total mental case! Mention a straw ban around most people and watch the response.....:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Same as when you tell them they've been painting streets white in California!!!

So next time you get on an elevator full of people.....go for it!

@www.laughyourballsoff.com
Well they do say most people are below average in intelligence so I wouldnt be too proud of that.

Forum List

Back