parents say good by to baby charlie

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
seems the parents are letting go of baby charlie...they have fought the government and tried to get experimental treatment to no avail....i will admit my reaction to this at first was wtf? why did you keep the child alive this long...then sorrow that perhaps had the child had the oral treatments sooner he may have made it....

it is a great sorrow to see a wanted child die

Socialized medicines natural course... Think on this next time you cheerlead it here in the US.

the one question i have...why not just send the meds over there...what excuse was there for not doing that? and what is so rare about this oral med that it cant be compounded overseas

the one question i have...why not just send the meds over there...what excuse was there for not doing that? and what is so rare about this oral med that it cant be compounded overseas
The cost. Because if it works... Then the system has to buy it for all who could benefit from it. Political enough for ya?

What did Dr. Hirano have to say.

I find the story suspect. I see no reason they would not want to unload baby Charlie on the US medical research team.
Did the court refuse to send him, or did the parents opt out.

Now the Cons want to use this story of why the Gov should not be involved in healthcare, instead let the insurance companies decide who lives and dies. Better yet the cons who want to take insurance away from millions.

You don't know what the treatment is, do you, or how the care is monitored?

Doctors from the provider went to England and even they could not provide the treatment there. The child had to be brought here, the same way child cancer patients are taken to St. Jude and St. Jude is not taken to child cancer patients.

The lesson learned is under socialized medicine, medical care will be prohibited even if you can pay for it yourself.

You don't know what the treatment is, do you, or how the care is monitored?

Doctors from the provider went to England and even they could not provide the treatment there. The child had to be brought here, the same way child cancer patients are taken to St. Jude and St. Jude is not taken to child cancer patients.

The lesson learned is under socialized medicine, medical care will be prohibited even if you can pay for it yourself.
That's right. Otherwise it would be unfair to the poor...

i understand its an oral med......so why couldnt it be flown over....and i do understand how phram companies do things....like the sudden bcg shortage ..when both companies just allowed a shortage by stopping production....

i dont think flying or allowing the compound of an oral med is the same thing as moving st judes...but do go on

What did Dr. Hirano have to say.

I find the story suspect. I see no reason they would not want to unload baby Charlie on the US medical research team.
Did the court refuse to send him, or did the parents opt out.

Now the Cons want to use this story of why the Gov should not be involved in healthcare, instead let the insurance companies decide who lives and dies. Better yet the cons who want to take insurance away from millions.

The major difference is, if an insurance company will not authorize a treatment, the patient and family is perfectly free to pay for that treatment themselves. Under socialized medicine, once the government prohibits treatment, providing that treatment is illegal.

There is this 16 year old boy that was on America's Got Talent. When he was much younger he started going blind. There was an experimental treatment that had promise of restoring his sight. The insurance company would not pay for experimental treatment so his parents raised the money and paid out of pocket. He can see today. He wears glasses but he can see. Under socialized medicine, the parents would have been prohibited from paying, the doctors would have been prohibited from providing that treatment.

That's what happened to Charlie Gard. He is a victim of socialized medicine.

Forum List

Back