Parents of American teen missing in Jerusalem appeal for help, offer 100,000 NIS reward

Mustng

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2014
Parents of American teen missing in Jerusalem appeal for help, offer 100,000 NIS reward

By DANIEL K. EISENBUD

08/26/2014 16:36

FBI, US Consulate now involved in search for 23-year-old Aaron Sofer, who went missing while hiking Friday in Jerusalem Forest.

Parents of American teen missing in Jerusalem appeal for help offer 100 000 NIS reward JPost Israel News

In an emotional plea for any information as to the whereabouts of their son Aaron Sofer, missing since Friday while hiking in the Jerusalem Forest, his parents, who flew to Israel from New Jersey to aid in the search, beseeched the public on Tuesday for help.

“I want to thank everyone for all the help, but I ask you, please, please, please – I beg of you, beg you – please, if anyone sees any whereabouts of Aaron, please call the police immediately!” Sofer’s mother, Chulda said in tears.

As the search enters its fourth day, the Sofer’s said the FBI and American Consulate have joined the intensive manhunt for the 23-year-old American haredi yeshiva student, who has been studying in Jerusalem for approximately one year.

“The police are working tirelessly on all fronts, and all options are being strongly investigated,” Sofer's father Moshe said. “We would like to thank the American Consulate, the office of the Consul General, the FBI and the Israeli Police and ZAKA for all their efforts in trying to find our dear son Aaron.”

In a desperate measure to expedite the search, Moshe added that the family is offering a NIS 100,000 reward to anyone who can locate his son.

Meanwhile, Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ), chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, also issued a statement of concern for Sofer Tuesday afternoon.

“I am deeply concerned over the disappearance of New Jersey student Aaron Sofer in Israel and I stand in solidarity with his family,” Menendez said. “My thoughts are with them and the Lakewood community during this trying time.

“By all accounts, Aaron is a devout and dedicated student, who traveled to Israel to enhance his knowledge and deepen his understanding of sacred Jewish texts. For yeshiva students like Aaron, there is no greater pursuit than to live and study in Jerusalem, while worshiping at Judaism’s holiest sites.”

Menendez continued: “Ever since I was notified that Aaron went missing in Israel, my office has worked very closely with the State Department, US Embassy and Consular officials in Israel, and the Israeli Embassy in Washington, DC. While investigators are pursuing every lead, we keep Aaron and his family in our thoughts and prayers.”

Despite hundreds of police officers, volunteers and the emergency response and rescue organizations ZAKA and United Hatzalah actively searching for Sofer since Saturday, no clues as to his whereabouts have surfaced.

Sofer was last seen in the Beit Zayit area of the woods Friday morning, before he and a friend became separated while navigating a steep incline. Concerned after not reuniting with him several hours later, the companion contacted police to file a missing person’s report, which led to the intensive manhunt.

While the search for their son initially generated numerous international headlines, Moshe and Chulda said the family is deeply concerned that the story has since lost traction.

“It is critical that the media does not lose sight of this,” Moshe said. “As any parent could understand, we are desperate to find our son and ask that he is not forgotten during this critical time.”

Police describe Sofer as approximately 5 feet 9 inches tall, slender, with a close-cropped red beard, wearing glasses, a white shirt, yarmulke and black trousers at the time of his disappearance.

Anyone with information that may assist in locating Sofer has been asked to call 02-5391520, or the Israel Police hotline on 100.

Much as it is a difficult and sad subject, is this thread supposed to be a debate or topic of conversation?

Well obviously not a debate....perhaps I should have placed it under Current Events?

By DANIEL K. EISENBUD

FBI, US Consulate now involved in search for 23-year-old Aaron Sofer, who went missing while hiking Friday in Jerusalem Forest.

Parents of American teen missing in Jerusalem appeal for help offer 100 000 NIS reward JPost Israel News

In an emotional plea for any information as to the whereabouts of their son Aaron Sofer, missing since Friday while hiking in the Jerusalem Forest, his parents, who flew to Israel from New Jersey to aid in the search, beseeched the public on Tuesday for help.

“I want to thank everyone for all the help, but I ask you, please, please, please – I beg of you, beg you – please, if anyone sees any whereabouts of Aaron, please call the police immediately!” Sofer’s mother, Chulda said in tears.

As the search enters its fourth day, the Sofer’s said the FBI and American Consulate have joined the intensive manhunt for the 23-year-old American haredi yeshiva student, who has been studying in Jerusalem for approximately one year.

“The police are working tirelessly on all fronts, and all options are being strongly investigated,” Sofer's father Moshe said. “We would like to thank the American Consulate, the office of the Consul General, the FBI and the Israeli Police and ZAKA for all their efforts in trying to find our dear son Aaron.”

In a desperate measure to expedite the search, Moshe added that the family is offering a NIS 100,000 reward to anyone who can locate his son.

Meanwhile, Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ), chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, also issued a statement of concern for Sofer Tuesday afternoon.

“I am deeply concerned over the disappearance of New Jersey student Aaron Sofer in Israel and I stand in solidarity with his family,” Menendez said. “My thoughts are with them and the Lakewood community during this trying time.

“By all accounts, Aaron is a devout and dedicated student, who traveled to Israel to enhance his knowledge and deepen his understanding of sacred Jewish texts. For yeshiva students like Aaron, there is no greater pursuit than to live and study in Jerusalem, while worshiping at Judaism’s holiest sites.”

Menendez continued: “Ever since I was notified that Aaron went missing in Israel, my office has worked very closely with the State Department, US Embassy and Consular officials in Israel, and the Israeli Embassy in Washington, DC. While investigators are pursuing every lead, we keep Aaron and his family in our thoughts and prayers.”

Despite hundreds of police officers, volunteers and the emergency response and rescue organizations ZAKA and United Hatzalah actively searching for Sofer since Saturday, no clues as to his whereabouts have surfaced.

Sofer was last seen in the Beit Zayit area of the woods Friday morning, before he and a friend became separated while navigating a steep incline. Concerned after not reuniting with him several hours later, the companion contacted police to file a missing person’s report, which led to the intensive manhunt.

While the search for their son initially generated numerous international headlines, Moshe and Chulda said the family is deeply concerned that the story has since lost traction.

“It is critical that the media does not lose sight of this,” Moshe said. “As any parent could understand, we are desperate to find our son and ask that he is not forgotten during this critical time.”

Police describe Sofer as approximately 5 feet 9 inches tall, slender, with a close-cropped red beard, wearing glasses, a white shirt, yarmulke and black trousers at the time of his disappearance.

Anyone with information that may assist in locating Sofer has been asked to call 02-5391520, or the Israel Police hotline on 100.

A body was found this afternoon in Jerusalem forest.

Young male. Chances are it's him, but we still wait for identification

By DANIEL K. EISENBUD

A body was found this afternoon in Jerusalem forest.

Young male. Chances are it's him, but we still wait for identification

OMG! Wait for the id...yes.

So this 'missing teen'.

How is it related to the 23 year old Aaron Sofer?

Lies are commonly used to promote sympathy.
However, save the cash on the search, he's very probably dead by now, so let the insects and worms have their lunch in peace.

ShowImage.ashx

I'd say a 'friend' who lost him and left him to turn up later has to be a suspect.

Who on earth would show such poor responsibility for a mate, when out in the wild somewhere!

Though, I can imagine this story may also be good to get the yanks looking in, like its some weird reality show.

I'd say a 'friend' who lost him and left him to turn up later has to be a suspect.

Who on earth would show such poor responsibility for a mate, when out in the wild somewhere!

Though, I can imagine this story may also be good to get the yanks looking in, like its some weird reality show.

An unnamed friend.
Fair chance they had sex and the 'friend' was so ashamed, he kicked the fucker down the cliff.
Not ashamed because of the homosexual love, more because he just fucked an ugly dude.
That'll be why he was labelled a teenager, more sexy.

An unnamed friend.
Fair chance they had sex and the 'friend' was so ashamed, he kicked the fucker down the cliff.
Not ashamed because of the homosexual love, more because he just fucked an ugly dude.

You're a pig.

An unnamed friend.

You're a pig.
@Lipush could it be an "Honour Killing" or that mysterious group of football fans "La Familia"?

An unnamed friend.

You're a pig.
@Lipush could it be an "Honour Killing" or that mysterious group of football fans "La Familia"?

Then you wonder why it is impossible to reach a peace agreement with the likes of you people.

An unnamed friend.

You're a pig.

Honor killing? There is no such thing as honor killing in Hasidi culture.

And besides, honor killing, as far as anyone is concerned, is on girls. Who will kill a guy for honor killing?

Speaking of suspect, there were rumors that some of the Abu Khdair Hamula were called and investigated few days ago...Don't know what's up with that. Don't know if it's true, but it was what some whispered.

It will make as much sense as any other guess.

Ahm just sayin'

An unnamed friend.

You're a pig.

Honor killing? There is no such thing as honor killing in Hasidi culture.

And besides, honor killing, as far as anyone is concerned, is on girls. Who will kill a guy for honor killing?

Speaking of suspect, there were rumors that some of the Abu Khdair Hamula were called and investigated few days ago...Don't know what's up with that. Don't know if it's true, but it was what some whispered.

It will make as much sense as any other guess.

Ahm just sayin'
with the peace at any price cease fire in place, are you less scared now?

What peace?

you mean, time for Hamas to re-arm themselves?
so for 64 dead IDF + hundreds of injured, people in southern Israel, like you still terrified by terrorist tunnels and rockets. What has Israel gained from this war?

Forum List

Back