Parental rights

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
Somebody asked me what I think "parental right" should be...
This is what I said.

Absolutely nothing whatsoever.
Children are citizens of this country, and should be represented under the law like everybody else, parents should not be the law, as if to say that they own children.

The more "parental rights" that parents have the greater the risk for child abuse and neglect and exposure to irresponsible "adult" behavior that effectively leaves the kid without a parent for entire days at a time.

All Parents should be court ordered to fulfill no less than the minimum parental responsibilities that the Government lists.

Providing a Safe, clean and habitable home for the kid.

Providing an Education outside of the home, in either a public or private school.

Providing no less than three meals a day in accordance to the Government food pyramid.

Providing scientifically, and medically based Medical care ON TIME, in accordance with recommended frequencies, and doctor's recommendations.

Providing vaccinations.

Providing humane, non-corporal discipline.

Providing clothing and school supplies.

FULL participation in the Child's educational, cognitive, mental, physical and emotional development.

If the parent don't like it, take the kid away and put him up for adoption.

No less = the parent can do more than the standard, but not less.

The parents should be held to the standard, that they are taking care of a Ward of the state.

Look at the mess this country is in because of politicians who don't know shit. Damned if I will ever let them take over the role of parenting.

Parents generally do what is best for their children. The biggest exceptions are those who treat government like their babies' daddies. They are a mess. And some want that for all.

There are already laws regarding child neglect and abuse.

Many don't provide clothing or food and it must already be supplied by the tax payers. How many parents who take welfare are on the doles and yet don't use the resources given to them for their children? How many are drug addicts or just plain fucking stupid because they've never completed school or done anything to better themselves? These are the generational welfare recipients, who are untouchable in the eyes of the left. No drug testing allowed. The left won't tolerate any criticism of their dependents and instead they bash Christian households or Republicans who teach their children things that the left disagrees with.

If government was in charge of children, all parents who owned guns or went to church would probably have their children removed from the home.

This is what I said.

Children are citizens of this country, and should be represented under the law like everybody else, parents should not be the law, as if to say that they own children.

The more "parental rights" that parents have the greater the risk for child abuse and neglect and exposure to irresponsible "adult" behavior that effectively leaves the kid without a parent for entire days at a time.

All Parents should be court ordered to fulfill no less than the minimum parental responsibilities that the Government lists.

Providing an Education outside of the home, in either a public or private school.

Providing no less than three meals a day in accordance to the Government food pyramid.

Providing scientifically, and medically based Medical care ON TIME, in accordance with recommended frequencies, and doctor's recommendations.

Providing vaccinations.

FULL participation in the Child's educational, cognitive, mental, physical and emotional development.

The parents should be held to the standard, that they are taking care of a Ward of the state.
Screw that...Parents have the rights because parents have the liability for their children's actions..It's bad enough all the things parents can be prosecuted by the state as it is...Fear should not be induced into the family by external sources..

It's rare that communists actually come out and promote communism unmitigated. Moonglow is right. Parents have the power because they also have the responsibility, can't have one without the other.

And I think that people who want government to have absolute power are the most dangerous assholes on the planet.

This is what I said.

Providing vaccinations.

When YOU pay for all the support for a persons children you can tell them how to raise said child. Until the Government does that they can stay the hell out of family practices.

This is what I said.

Providing vaccinations.

When YOU pay for all the support for a persons children you can tell them how to raise said child. Until the Government does that they can stay the hell out of family practices.

Don't tempt them. They're already providing 2 meals a day to children.

This is what I said.

Providing vaccinations.

Parental rights generally include:

• The right to assume legal and physical custody of the child or children;
  • Rights towards child visitation and contact
  • Rights to make decisions regarding medical treatment for the child
  • The right to enter into a contract on behalf of a minor child
  • The right to pass property to a child through inheritance
So you're saying my 4 year old granddaughter's mother should have no right to contact with the child, no right to custody, and the child makes all her own medical decisions. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

• Banned
This is what I said.

Providing vaccinations.

When the child morphs into becoming a dog that you bought, then you can just do whatever you want with it.
:)

This is what I said.

Providing vaccinations.

So you're saying my 4 year old granddaughter's mother should have no right to contact with the child, no right to custody, and the child makes all her own medical decisions. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Children under at least 16, making medical decisions is what is happening under the current system via the parents.

Last edited:
Look at the mess this country is in because of politicians who don't know shit. Damned if I will ever let them take over the role of parenting.

Parents generally do what is best for their children. The biggest exceptions are those who treat government like their babies' daddies. They are a mess. And some want that for all.

Many don't provide clothing or food and it must already be supplied by the tax payers. How many parents who take welfare are on the doles and yet don't use the resources given to them for their children? How many are drug addicts or just plain fucking stupid because they've never completed school or done anything to better themselves? These are the generational welfare recipients, who are untouchable in the eyes of the left. No drug testing allowed. The left won't tolerate any criticism of their dependents and instead they bash Christian households or Republicans who teach their children things that the left disagrees with.

If government was in charge of children, all parents who owned guns or went to church would probably have their children removed from the home.

A child should never be in the custody of a drug addict, period.

The fact of the matter is rednecks should have their kids taken away from them, under the reasoning that the home is dangerous, the educational system fails to comply with minimum federal standards and on academic probation, no opportunity for better exists, and the constant brainwashing.

And the UN says that your redneck trailer is not fit for human habitation.

The idea that you would have to change your behavior to comply with the law is nothing new in law.

Last edited:

A child should never be in the custody of a drug addict, period.

The fact of the matter is rednecks should have their kids taken away from them, under the reasoning that the home is dangerous, the educational system fails to comply with minimum federal standards and on academic probation, no opportunity for better exists, and the constant brainwashing.

And the UN says that your redneck trailer is not fit for human habitation.

The idea that you would have to change your behavior to comply with the law is nothing new in law.
Ahh so now we get the rest of the story, you are a brain dead liberal that thinks if the State raises the children they will grow up to be liberals. You want to violate the rights and powers of people that have a different political view then you. Remind us, do blacks also lose their right to children under your plan or are they different?

This is what I said.

Providing vaccinations.

Children under at least 16, making medical decisions is what is happening under the current system via the parents.
Do you mean that only children 16 and over should make their own medical decision? If so, then that's a bit different but not much. A doctor does not make decisions. It is left to the patient or parent. Asking my 12 year old grandson if he wants braces would be ridiculous. Children, not all but most, make decision based on their experiences. They are far more concerned with the present than they are the future. Having raised my own kids and grand kids, I am confident that this a fact, not just speculation.

Legally parents are responsible for their children and thus need certainly parental rights. California made it a crime for parents to fail to "exercise reasonable care, supervision, protection, and control" over their kids. Legislation holding parents financially responsible for their kids stepping out of line dates back 150 years. Parents across the nation can be sued for their children's crimes. You can not hold parents responsible for their children without given them parental rights.

This is what I said.

Providing vaccinations.

Do you mean that only children 16 and over should make their own medical decision? If so, then that's a bit different but not much. A doctor does not make decisions. It is left to the patient or parent. Asking my 12 year old grandson if he wants braces would be ridiculous. Children, not all but most, make decision based on their experiences. They are far more concerned with the present than they are the future. Having raised my own kids and grand kids, I am confident that this a fact, not just speculation.

Legally parents are responsible for their children and thus need certainly parental rights. California made it a crime for parents to fail to "exercise reasonable care, supervision, protection, and control" over their kids. Legislation holding parents financially responsible for their kids stepping out of line dates back 150 years. Parents across the nation can be sued for their children's crimes. You can not hold parents responsible for their children without given them parental rights.

Right now we're seeing the consequences of states taking away the rights of parents to raise their own children. I'm sure you've heard about Cassandra from Connecticut who is being forced to take chemo therapy treatment in spite of the fact she doesn't want to and her parents support her decision. Yes, she's being forced to dump poison in her body by bureaucrats who think they know better what our children need. This is the brave new world that the asshole who wrote the OP is offering.

"If parents don't like it ...take the kid away according to government lists". Wow Nazi propaganda said the same thing 75 years ago.

Screw that...Parents have the rights because parents have the liability for their children's actions..It's bad enough all the things parents can be prosecuted by the state as it is...Fear should not be induced into the family by external sources..
Ummm, no.

Parents have the rights because the country is there to support the family.

The family is not there to support the country. Unlike what the OP wants.

Forum List

Back