Parent who is proud of a « D » student

At what point are you allowed to be proud of your kids ?
Love is unconditional

pride is based on accomplishment

Unless the child is a complete idiot D is not an accomplishment to be proud of

this suggests a family that expects society to take care of them
Perhaps this kid had to work hard to get a D. His parents would know more about that than some gobshite in the street.

It is not really something to brag about. Basically signals to the kid that his parents thinks he's a loser.
No it doesnt. They are saying that they are proud of him/her. And I would suggest that they have a better idea of the childs qualities than you do.

I think the guy played you....it's sarcasm. People who drive around with proud parent of honor students folk...nobody cares....really. why put a bumper sticker about it? Btw employers have never had it better or easier finding good productive workers.

Love is unconditional

Perhaps this kid had to work hard to get a D. His parents would know more about that than some gobshite in the street.

It is not really something to brag about. Basically signals to the kid that his parents thinks he's a loser.
No it doesnt. They are saying that they are proud of him/her. And I would suggest that they have a better idea of the childs qualities than you do.

It's like having a bumper sticker that says proud parent of a compulsive masturbator.

There is nothing dumber than those stick figure decals on vehicles representing families....
Don't be silly.

They are great fun!

41UEbkPjX2L._AC_UL320_.jpg

I wouldn’t look too much into it, mate. It’s just a silly bumper sticker.

Love is unconditional

Thats possible

but if so the parent is more retarded than the child for putting a bumper sticker on his car that does not explain itself

Anyway I fear the initial impression that average people have is more accurate

Meaning the guy is a slob and its ok with him if his kids are slobs too

Apparently the lesson of this thread is that you cannot be proud of your child if they aren't an outstanding student. Maybe they can reject them.....beat them.....verbally abuse them?
That kid will grow up a commie unless they start beating the shit out of him.Its what Jesus would do.

The pride today's parents might have in the border line academic failure of their kids is interesting but it doesn't rise to the level of current events
I think the generational academic decline of America is a current event

and a very unfortunate one

the future « D » generation will expect the « A » and « B » students to subsidize their standard of living

Love is unconditional

Consider the possibility that this student is learning disabled or in some other way mentally impaired. Maybe "D" is an accomplishment the parents treasure?

Forum List

Back