Panthers owner David Tepper: 'Dead wrong' to call NFL players' protests unpatriotic

Anthems are a stupid thing to play at a sporting event.

The organizations that play them are well within their rights to do so. Obviously, most of the fans appreciate them doing so.
It’s still a stupid idea, and has nothing to do with a sporting event.

Doesn't really matter, does it? Playing the anthem before athletic contests is a part of Americana now. I'm sure some people think hot dogs are stupid and have nothing to do with a sporting event, but a LOT of people buy and eat them at games.
We have a word for that,"ritual".

Anthems are a stupid thing to play at a sporting event.

The organizations that play them are well within their rights to do so. Obviously, most of the fans appreciate them doing so.
It’s still a stupid idea, and has nothing to do with a sporting event.

Doesn't really matter, does it? Playing the anthem before athletic contests is a part of Americana now. I'm sure some people think hot dogs are stupid and have nothing to do with a sporting event, but a LOT of people buy and eat them at games.
It’s still a dumb idea. I turn the channel.

Just like A LOT of ex-fans do to the games because they think what the players are doing is stupid.

“Panthers owner David Tepper: 'Dead wrong' to call NFL players' protests unpatriotic”

Correct.

In fact, peaceful, lawful protest is a profound act of patriotism.
Kneeling is symbolic of reflection and prayer

It is not an insult to a flag that represents freedom

That’s such bs. Everyone knows the ways we honor the flag. Standing in the main custom. Sitting down or kneeling is the exact opposite of standing. Can you at least say that what they’re doing could easy be interpreted as a sign of disrespect? Now the answer is obviously yes....so.....I ask you why not protest in another manner?

Is standing against injustice more patriotic than standing for a flag?

Even if they were standing up for real injustices, the manner in which they’re doing it is disrespectful. And not only that but I feel like it’s meant to be disrespectful

“Panthers owner David Tepper: 'Dead wrong' to call NFL players' protests unpatriotic”

Correct.

That’s such bs. Everyone knows the ways we honor the flag. Standing in the main custom. Sitting down or kneeling is the exact opposite of standing. Can you at least say that what they’re doing could easy be interpreted as a sign of disrespect? Now the answer is obviously yes....so.....I ask you why not protest in another manner?

Even if they were standing up for real injustices, the manner in which they’re doing it is disrespectful. And not only that but I feel like it’s meant to be disrespectful

Why because they take a knee? It was a vet that suggested taking a knee. Most people do not realize why they take a knee, or they just ignore it make it about the flag. Also this is their work, their job , how many times do you stand for the anthem at work? The Military gave them this platform and they might as well use it.

Correct.

Why because they take a knee? It was a vet that suggested taking a knee. Most people do not realize why they take a knee, or they just ignore it make it about the flag. Also this is their work, their job , how many times do you stand for the anthem at work? The Military gave them this platform and they might as well use it.

If most people do not realize why they are taking a knee, don’t you think they should try a different way of expressing themselves??? They’ve offended a lot people with their antics, and you can’t tell me that’s not their intention, because they know they’re pissing ppl off and they keep doing it.

Correct.

They have been respectful for decades with no results
Now they are getting attention

Real Patriots fight for what is right.......not phony patriotic symbols

Correct.

They have been respectful for decades with no results
Now they are getting attention

Real Patriots fight for what is right.......not phony patriotic symbols

They’re getting attention for all the wrong reasons. The debate is about patriotism and respect for the country, not racial injustice. Besides Colin Kaepernick didn’t start us on a national discussion on what is perceived by many to be racial injustice. It seems like we’re always talking about race relations and racial injustice. I for one am sick of it. These players have achieved nothing. They haven’t raised awareness to a noble cause, they haven’t brought about change, they pouted like little bitches and that’s what they’ll be remembered for in history.

If you protest racial injustice and police brutality, you protest America....period

Right, because racial injustice and police brutality are such patriotic things to do..

Protesting the national anthem in the name of racial justice, would be like me protesting the simpsons because I don’t like cnn. It’s misdirected rage, and hostility towards a country that has given these spoiled brats so much
No one has given them anything other than their basic rights. The rest was hard work or you would be a professional player.

Correct.

Tough shit. No one cares what you think it is. Veterans say they dont think its disrespectful. They say they fought for the right for people to protest.

If you protest racial injustice and police brutality, you protest America....period

Right, because racial injustice and police brutality are such patriotic things to do..

Protesting the national anthem in the name of racial justice, would be like me protesting the simpsons because I don’t like cnn. It’s misdirected rage, and hostility towards a country that has given these spoiled brats so much
No one has given them anything other than their basic rights. The rest was hard work or you would be a professional player.

We can agree that it was hard work, yes. Doesn’t mean that they’re not pampered

Correct.

Tough shit. No one cares what you think it is. Veterans say they dont think its disrespectful. They say they fought for the right for people to protest.

I would venture to guess most vets find their behavior appalling

Panthers owner David Tepper: 'Dead wrong' to call NFL players' protests unpatriotic

His comments come a day after Miami Dolphins wide receiver Kenny Stills, who continues to demonstrate during the anthem, received an award, not to mention praise from Republican Sen. Marco Rubio, for his "contributions to social justice."

clip_image002.jpg
He is absolutely correct in what he calls them.

Nothing is more American than peaceful protest.

You don't have to like it, or agree with it, to support it.

It's a shame that even has to be said.

The NFL is perfectly within its rights to allow or prevent the protests since the players are employees on the job, and fans are perfectly within their rights to applaud, ignore, boycott, or complain that the protests are unpatriotic. That's America.

Liberals have made this red herring about freedom of speech through this whole controversy. It’s very dishonest
theyre liberals, of course they are dishonest.

Ultimately it will come down to the wallet. If enough fans stop watching the games that it effects the owners' profits, suddenly the NFL will discover some reason to ban the practice.

We can agree that it was hard work, yes. Doesn’t mean that they’re not pampered
If you work as hard as they do, you too could be pampered. Anything else is just fermented hatorade.

It’s just lip service. He knows, as does everyone else, that protesting the anthem is a slight against America
Ask the person who is doing the protest

They say they do it to call attention to social injustice

They can say whatever they want. They are expressing disrespect to the Nation as a whole, during the National Anthem,

Fuck the kneelers and the League that supports them.

Giving the finger is disrespectful
Kneeling is not

When standing is done to show respect and loyalty, those who kneel are purposefully and actively showing disrespect and disloyalty.

Obviously.

Do you consider yourself a Patriot?

Forum List

Back