Panthers owner David Tepper: 'Dead wrong' to call NFL players' protests unpatriotic

It’s just lip service. He knows, as does everyone else, that protesting the anthem is a slight against America
Ask the person who is doing the protest

They say they do it to call attention to social injustice

They can say whatever they want. They are expressing disrespect to the Nation as a whole, during the National Anthem,

Fuck the kneelers and the League that supports them.

If you protest racial injustice and police brutality, you protest America....period

Right, because racial injustice and police brutality are such patriotic things to do..

Protesting the national anthem in the name of racial justice, would be like me protesting the simpsons because I don’t like cnn. It’s misdirected rage, and hostility towards a country that has given these spoiled brats so much
It is a symbolic protest just like the anthem is symbolic

The anthem has nothing to do with racial injustice. After drawing the ire so many Americans following their protests, they should have had the common decency to change their platform. All these protests have done has divided the country.

The anthem has to do with a British attack on an American Fort

We all know what the anthem has come to symbolize. Those who hold this country in contempt protest it

It’s just lip service. He knows, as does everyone else, that protesting the anthem is a slight against America
Ask the person who is doing the protest

They say they do it to call attention to social injustice

They can say whatever they want. They are expressing disrespect to the Nation as a whole, during the National Anthem,

Fuck the kneelers and the League that supports them.

Giving the finger is disrespectful
Kneeling is not

Nothing is more American than peaceful protest.

You don't have to like it, or agree with it, to support it.

It's a shame that even has to be said.

The NFL is perfectly within its rights to allow or prevent the protests since the players are employees on the job, and fans are perfectly within their rights to applaud, ignore, boycott, or complain that the protests are unpatriotic. That's America.
No argument there. I just wish those who are angry would focus on the reason for the protest rather than the means.

But I'm told they don't see any problem.

The NFL is perfectly within its rights to allow or prevent the protests since the players are employees on the job, and fans are perfectly within their rights to applaud, ignore, boycott, or complain that the protests are unpatriotic. That's America.

Liberals have made this red herring about freedom of speech through this whole controversy. It’s very dishonest
I believe in supporting freedom of expression at all times.

I'm not choosy with my support of freedom of expression.

Shut up they said...…… free speech is just as American as look at me protesting

When did owners lose their free speech right...….....poor little players........

You right wingers need to make up your minds. You support NFL owners stopping their players from expressing themselves on the owner's time , but you whine when google makes the same call on Alex Jones. You can't have it both ways.

Penelope shared, "Panthers owner David Tepper: 'Dead wrong' to call NFL players' protests unpatriotic".

NFL, Oprah Winfrey, Dr. Nadine Burke Harris.jpg

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

Hello. On Sunday, March 11, 2018, during a 60 Minutes segment titled "Treating Trauma", when 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim-survivor Oprah Winfrey asks Domestic Abuse victim-survivor Belinda Pittman-McGee if she believes the cycle of Poverty, Joblessness, Homelessness and Incarceration can be solved without first addressing the issue of 'Childhood Trauma'...Mrs. Pittman-McGee immediately replies, "No."

Now that 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim-survivor Oprah Winfrey LOUDLY addressed our Nation's *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS, will Panthers owner David Tepper, Colin Kaepernick, as well as active & retired members of the National Football League (NFL) join Oprah & Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, MD, pediatrician & CEO of the 'Center For Youth Wellness', in passionately calling for a National MOVEMENT educating American & foreign born primary child caregivers about a potentially life scarring medical disease/condition:

"Childhood Trauma" aka
"Adverse Childhood Experiences" (#ACEs)
___
During a March 11, 2018 '60 Minutes' segment titled, "Treating Trauma," Oprah Winfrey, a 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim-survivor, shared knowledge regarding America's easily PREVENTABLE, though potentially life scarring *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS.

EYE-OPENING knowledge Oprah exuberantly confirms is a "game changer."

YouTube search terms: "Oprah Winfrey 'Fixing The 'Hole In Your Soul'"

___
The late 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim Tupac Shakur's T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E. Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect, Abandonment & Maltreatment *AWARENESS-PREVENTION* concept applies to American and foreign born citizens of ALL backgrounds:

T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E. - "The Hate U Give Little Infants Fvvks *EVERYONE"* ~Tupac Shakur

“We need more people who care; you know what I’m saying? We need more women, mothers, fathers, we need more of that…” ~Tupac Shakur, American urban story-TRUTH-teller

_tupac dr nadine burke harris common.jpg
police, parental, colin kaepernick, dr stacey patton NIKE.jpg

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our National Epidemic of Child Abuse and Neglect*; End Community Violence, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

When did owners lose their free speech right...….....poor little players........

You right wingers need to make up your minds. You support NFL owners stopping their players from expressing themselves on the owner's time , but you whine when google makes the same call on Alex Jones. You can't have it both ways.
Never said anything about Alex Jones,,,,Goog however anti free speech....loves Chinese model and loves em some jihadis too as does TWIT....and goog doesn't employ A jones either so your whole analogy is crap

Panthers owner David Tepper: 'Dead wrong' to call NFL players' protests unpatriotic

His comments come a day after Miami Dolphins wide receiver Kenny Stills, who continues to demonstrate during the anthem, received an award, not to mention praise from Republican Sen. Marco Rubio, for his "contributions to social justice."

clip_image002.jpg

We love how liberals try to spin it , these fucker are pissing on the American flag and trying to use their freedoms against us and the Constitution

Anthems are a stupid thing to play at a sporting event.

If you protest racial injustice and police brutality, you protest America....period

Right, because racial injustice and police brutality are such patriotic things to do..

Protesting the national anthem in the name of racial justice, would be like me protesting the simpsons because I don’t like cnn. It’s misdirected rage, and hostility towards a country that has given these spoiled brats so much

Whenever there is any racial, social or any other emancipation movement conducted by historically oppressed groups -- there is ALWAYS people who say "I am not against your reason for protest, I am just against the way you do it" ---- then go on to offer "appropriate ways to protest" --- funny thing is, that same person ends up being against every policy position that would rectify the problems those groups are protesting.

If the folks who are so "outraged" by the actual protests would be as outraged by the underlying reasons and conditions that cause the protest, they wouldn't have to worry about seeing players kneel during the anthem.

Problem is, they don't really see a problem to begin with, so of course they are going to be pissed at the protestors.

Oh, I like how folks always tell NFL players how they should just shut up and be happy that they are rich and how they owe this country -- last I checked, those players are just marketing their skills to the highest bidder, isn't that a good thing? Isn't that one of the highlights of capitalism?? Whoever is paying their salary should also be thankful, in fact, those owners are actually more of the spoiled brats -- because those owners get to get HUGE taxpayer subsidies to build their fancy stadiums and for some owners, if they throw a big enough temper tantrum, they threaten to take their team somewhere else if those taxpayers don't build them a stadium...

But no, its the NFL players who are the spoiled brats...

Whenever there is any racial, social or any other emancipation movement conducted by historically oppressed groups -- there is ALWAYS people who say "I am not against your reason for protest, I am just against the way you do it" ---- then go on to offer "appropriate ways to protest" --- funny thing is, that same person ends up being against every policy position that would rectify the problems those groups are protesting.

If the folks who are so "outraged" by the actual protests would be as outraged by the underlying reasons and conditions that cause the protest, they wouldn't have to worry about seeing players kneel during the anthem.

Problem is, they don't really see a problem to begin with, so of course they are going to be pissed at the protestors.

Let me be very clear when I tell you I don’t buy into the notion that blacks are an oppressed group, but if anyone who disagrees with me wants to protest on account that they believe they are that’s fine with me. I do however disagree with disrespecting the flag and the anthem as a means of protesting. So there’s that for you

Forum List

Back