Panthers owner David Tepper: 'Dead wrong' to call NFL players' protests unpatriotic

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Panthers owner David Tepper: 'Dead wrong' to call NFL players' protests unpatriotic

His comments come a day after Miami Dolphins wide receiver Kenny Stills, who continues to demonstrate during the anthem, received an award, not to mention praise from Republican Sen. Marco Rubio, for his "contributions to social justice."

clip_image002.jpg

It’s just lip service. He knows, as does everyone else, that protesting the anthem is a slight against America

Of course it's wrong to call players who take a knee unpatriotic, but when has being wrong stopped Trump or any right winger from doing anything?

If you protest racial injustice and police brutality, you protest America....period

Right, because racial injustice and police brutality are such patriotic things to do..
Racial injustice and police brutality are part of American culture and woven into the fabric of our society.

Not so much now as it was in the past, but that's what the right is trying so hard to restore. It's a big part of what they call making America great again.

If you protest racial injustice and police brutality, you protest America....period

Right, because racial injustice and police brutality are such patriotic things to do..

Protesting the national anthem in the name of racial justice, would be like me protesting the simpsons because I don’t like cnn. It’s misdirected rage, and hostility towards a country that has given these spoiled brats so much

It’s just lip service. He knows, as does everyone else, that protesting the anthem is a slight against America
Ask the person who is doing the protest

They say they do it to call attention to social injustice

Protesting the national anthem in the name of racial justice, would be like me protesting the simpsons because I don’t like cnn. It’s misdirected rage, and hostility towards a country that has given these spoiled brats so much
It is a symbolic protest just like the anthem is symbolic

Well no. It's nothing like that.

The anthem has nothing to do with racial injustice. After drawing the ire so many Americans following their protests, they should have had the common decency to change their platform. All these protests have done has divided the country.

Nothing is more American than peaceful protest.

You don't have to like it, or agree with it, to support it.

It's a shame that even has to be said.

The NFL is perfectly within its rights to allow or prevent the protests since the players are employees on the job, and fans are perfectly within their rights to applaud, ignore, boycott, or complain that the protests are unpatriotic. That's America.

The anthem has nothing to do with racial injustice. After drawing the ire so many Americans following their protests, they should have had the common decency to change their platform. All these protests have done has divided the country.

The anthem has to do with a British attack on an American Fort

The NFL is perfectly within its rights to allow or prevent the protests since the players are employees on the job, and fans are perfectly within their rights to applaud, ignore, boycott, or complain that the protests are unpatriotic. That's America.

Liberals have made this red herring about freedom of speech through this whole controversy. It’s very dishonest

Exactly

You are on the clock

Liberals have made this red herring about freedom of speech through this whole controversy. It’s very dishonest
What is the protest about?

Forum List

Back