Pander to me!

I guess Obama should have done this on Day One, that way the 'nuts couldn't complain that he was doing it going into an election,

they would have to have complained that he was pandering to Hispanics instead of focusing on the economy and jobs.

Everyone bitches about how phoney and dishonest politicians are, but would they behave the way they do if it weren't effective? Just months before the election obama suddenly cares about Latino-Americans? Could this shit be more transparent? Instead of being offended that some BS pol takes them for such fools, people eat it up like they can't get enough.

We get the clowns we deserve.

Why don't you tell us why Rubio was going to come out with a GOP version of the Dream Act between now and the election, that Romney was going to support?

Is that somehow different? Other than it's different because it's the GOP?

The difference is asswipe. if Rubio had his bill passed it would be legislatively done,, the way it should be done. obummer's way is by IMPERIAL dictate.. people don't like that shit. say good by to independents. ta ta.

The difference is asswipe. if Rubio had his bill passed it would be legislatively done,, the way it should be done. obummer's way is by IMPERIAL dictate.. people don't like that shit. say good by to independents. ta ta.

LOL! right wingers, they never know what in the hell they are talking about.

"The survey showed 64-percent overall support for the directive and 66-percent backing by independents."

Voters approve of President Obama’s immigration order, 2 to 1, poll shows - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

"The survey showed 64-percent overall support for the directive and 66-percent backing by independents."

Voters approve of President Obama’s immigration order, 2 to 1, poll shows - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

64% of democrats is a pretty good number, now go peddle your bullshit somewhere else.

64% of democrats is a pretty good number, now go peddle your bullshit somewhere else.

That's 64% overall with a 66% backing by the independents you claimed went "ta ta"
It's best to actually have a clue what you are talking about before posting :up:

The bias is on BOTH sides of this issue..

I'm gonna tell ya something based on living amongst "illegals" when flacaltenn was still flacal..

My daughter went to school with these "illegal" kids.. It became obvious to me that whole "amnesty" debate is couched in the belief that these 2nd gen illegals will be doing the laundry and hedge trimming jobs in the economy forever.. That is COMPLETELY based on racial stereotypes..

I can tell you for A FACT --- that these 2nd gen illegals are gonna be lawyers, engineers, soldiers, doctors, and firemen.. NOT remain as a menial underclass. They WILL assimilate into ALL levels of society -- just like 9th gen Mexican friends that I had in Cali..

Therefore -- which EVER side of this HooHah you end up on --- it NEEDS to fixed, and cannot be ignored. I want MORE GENEROUS immigration policy -- but I don't want ANARCHY and law breaking. There needs to be a PROCESS first that CONTROLS entry and screens for disease and crime.

THEN -- we can figure out what to do with the current population of illegals that WILL be integrating into our society.. We COULD for instance elect to KEEP the doctors, engineers, and soldiers and firemen --- and send the LAWYERS back to Mexico... :badgrin:

Australia can make decisions like that --- why can't we?

Last edited:

I'm gonna tell ya something based on living amongst "illegals" when flacaltenn was still flacal..

My daughter went to school with these "illegal" kids.. It became obvious to me that whole "amnesty" debate is couched in the belief that these 2nd gen illegals will be doing the laundry and hedge trimming jobs in the economy forever.. That is COMPLETELY based on racial stereotypes..

I can tell you for A FACT --- that these 2nd gen illegals are gonna be lawyers, engineers, soldiers, doctors, and firemen.. NOT remain as a menial underclass. They WILL assimilate into ALL levels of society -- just like 9th gen Mexican friends that I had in Cali..

Therefore -- which EVER side of this HooHah you end up on --- it NEEDS to fixed, and cannot be ignored. I want MORE GENEROUS immigration policy -- but I don't want ANARCHY and law breaking. There needs to be a PROCESS first that CONTROLS entry and screens for disease and crime.

THEN -- we can figure out what to do with the current population of illegals that WILL be integrating into our society.. We COULD for instance elect to KEEP the doctors, engineers, and soldiers and firemen --- and send the LAWYERS back to Mexico... :badgrin:

The immigration issues really never makes any headroom for many reasons such as it's not just a simple "for or against" thing like gay marriage for instance, it's a complex issue such as what to do with people already here, the legal immigration roll, etc,..plus with people having strong views all over the place.
Though in the end the main reason it doesn't get much traction is it's almost always at the bottom of the list of things people are concerned about.

Last edited:

The immigration issues really never makes any headroom for many reasons such as it's not just a simple "for or against" thing like gay marriage for instance, it's a complex issue such as what to do with people already here, the legal immigration roll, etc,..plus with people having strong views all over the place.
Though in the end the main reason it doesn't get much traction is it's almost always at the bottom of the list of things people are concerned about.

Complexity is not something well handled in American politics.. That's exactly why you and I REALIZE how biased the political conflict gets when it's simplified to Pro-Con..

Doesn't mean we all should become wishy-washy "moderates".. For instance, you and I are gonna disagree on what should be done when the issue is more complex than CongressCritters and the media can handle..

I believe this is why Congress shouldn't be PANDERING (like in the OP) to issues that focus on a PARTICULAR GROUP.. If the law can't be for EVERYONE -- STFU.

Immigration modifications shouldn't even MENTION race, sex, religion, ect.. Ask yourself WHICH party is more totally consumed with those diffs?

Last edited:

I grew up in Mexican and American towns, speaking Spanish but not as well as the English in my Anglo home. Confused my racist grandpa (whom I adored).

Hispanics assimilate as quickly as any other ethnic group, I am thinking.

So the question is not "if" simply "when", and if anybody gets in the way, they are going to get foot prints right up their backs.

This issue is over.

The fact you think these "illegals" are the source of misery in your life is telling.

Show me the post where I said that, you dishonest douche (as a douche you don't prevent pregnancy, you know).

It's pretty amusing, given that comment comes from a guy whose source of misery is Mormons and rich guys.

where did I say I was miserable.

I see all life as a challenge to overcome...

I'd be bored if I had no problems to solve.

That's 64% overall with a 66% backing by the independents you claimed went "ta ta"
It's best to actually have a clue what you are talking about before posting :up:

wait and see dingleberry

The clearest example of politically convienient pandering was also when I was in Cali..

When you're wasting $$BILLS on Eng as a Second Lang (ESL) for grades 8 - 12 and requiring Spanish speaking teachers for courses such as science and econ --- the only people you are helping are in the Teacher's Union.. It's a basic disservice to the hispanic kids who's money you're wasting too.

AND -- if you're really cynical like me, it's a blatant example of the racial bias I pointed out above. Because by delaying English fluency -- appears to me that you EXPECT those kids are gonna remain as your hedge-trimmers and laundry maids..

When you're wasting $$BILLS on Eng as a Second Lang (ESL) for grades 8 - 12 and requiring Spanish speaking teachers for courses such as science and econ ---..

You're thinking of bilingual ed.

Forum List

Back