Palin's $180,000 Campaign Clothes "Stuffed In Trash Bags at RNC HQ"

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Palin's $180,000 Campaign Clothes "Stuffed In Trash Bags" At RNC Headquarters: NewMajority (VIDEO, SLIDESHOW)

NewMajority has a report today that Sarah Palin's infamous wardrobe has not been given to charity as promised by the McCain campaign after the amazing bill was revealed in October.
McCain even told the press that "one-third of the clothing was "given back."
But for reasons that remain mysterious, the clothes remain stashed at the RNC's Washington, D.C., headquarters. A source close to the issue told NewMajority that the clothes are "in the process" of being donated, and an RNC spokesman corroborated, saying the clothes have indeed been returned from Palin, "inventoried and will be appropriately dispersed to various charities." Attempts for an explanation of when and where the clothes will be donated went unanswered, and the governor's Alaska office does not comment on campaign issues.

The fact that the clothes have not been donated or publicly accounted for, however, has angered some big donors - who want to know exactly how their money was spent, and who are already enraged by the extravagant wardrobe figure. They say it's time for the RNC to air its dirty laundry, if you will.

obama's 160 million dollar pile of ingaugural trash picked up off washington streets and stuffed into trash bags. We have no information on what he is going to do about the giant carbon footprint left by all those donkey farters!

Funny that the title fails to mention the clothes are in process to be donated...LOL

you know, they ought to have an auction for the clothes on ebay (I am serious), and donate the money to charity.....it would give the charity more.

I would bet there are plenty of ladies out there that would pay a pretty penny to own the actual clothes that Sarah wore and her kids wore during her historical campaign...why not make the MOST of this incident and end with "A Good Thing"?

who knows, they could get a half a million for them all on ebay from some crazed fans of hers....? And this would do some great good for those in need.

Care

Hopefully the people they donate them to will do this Care and feed alot of hungry people.

Imagine actually expecting millions of people to not create some trash.

Hopefully the people they donate them to will do this Care and feed alot of hungry people.

Imagine actually expecting millions of people to not create some trash.

YES TM, if the RNC doesn't do it, the charity where the clothes go, should do it! I can guarantee you they will get more value out of them than just putting them on the rack at the salvation army kind of thing!

This grouping of pictures cracks me up.

Sarah Palin, Then and Now

slide_460_15394_large.jpg

I'm sure Michele Obama would put them to good use....

Let them out a little, maybe to size 16 or 18 and Michele could wear them ......

They gotta be better than the rags she wore on Jan. 20....

it's no ones fucking business what the RNC does with those clothes.
In other words
:gives:

Here we go again. The left whining about Palin's 150 grand for her wardrobe gone to waste and nothing but cheers for Obama's $170 million inauguration. How many people could have been fed from the difference between obama's 170 and the next most expensive inauguration which cost 33 million?

speck and beam.

Well there went my weekend.

I'm taking down the Palin poster on the ceiling above my bathtub.

so now its grown to $180K from $150k during the election
what will it be in 6 months?
a million?
:rolleyes:
btw, since they are at RNC headquarters, how can they be called "Palins clothes"
sounds to me like they are the RNC's clothes

Whose lame-brained idea was it to put them in bags? They should be hanging up, cover in plastic. Tsk, tsk -- the RNC needs some fashion-care assistance!

Here we go again. The left whining about Palin's 150 grand for her wardrobe gone to waste and nothing but cheers for Obama's $170 million inauguration. How many people could have been fed from the difference between obama's 170 and the next most expensive inauguration which cost 33 million?

speck and beam.

because it is simply a lie elvis....

obama's inauguration costs for balls, parades, fireworks etc was less than $45 million and president bush's 2004, 9 balls, parads and firworks tc were $42.5 million WITHOUT SECURITY COSTS, and obama's....with millions more in citizens participating.

The cost of security for inaugurations have never been included in the inauguration costs reported....until someone tried to SPIN IT with obama's inauguration. They were never reported on for bush 1's, reagans, clintons or bush jr's....

So, what you are doing, much to the RNC'S/GOP'S glee, is repeating a lie that compares apples to oranges.

i'm not certain if you were aware of this or not? What we need to find out, is what were the security costs of bush jr and clinton, added to their cost of the balls and festivities, to actually be able to compare apples to apples, with the total expense of obama's.

i personally believe all inaugurations should be as simple as possible, with as little cost as possible, and it is truely a waste of good earned money that could go elsewhere, and be better spent! millions upon millions do not agree with me though....

care

so now its grown to $180K from $150k during the election
what will it be in 6 months?
a million?
:rolleyes:
btw, since they are at RNC headquarters, how can they be called "Palins clothes"
sounds to me like they are the RNC's clothes

What are those idiot Democrats doing snooping around RNC headquarters doyathink? :lol:

obama's inauguration costs for balls, parades, fireworks etc was less than $45 million and president bush's 2004, 9 balls, parads and firworks tc were $42.5 million WITHOUT SECURITY COSTS, and obama's....with millions more in citizens participating.

The cost of security for inaugurations have never been included in the inauguration costs reported....until someone tried to SPIN IT with obama's inauguration. They were never reported on for bush 1's, reagans, clintons or bush jr's....

So, what you are doing, much to the RNC'S/GOP'S glee, is repeating a lie that compares apples to oranges.

i'm not certain if you were aware of this or not? What we need to find out, is what were the security costs of bush jr and clinton, added to their cost of the balls and festivities, to actually be able to compare apples to apples, with the total expense of obama's.

i personally believe all inaugurations should be as simple as possible, with as little cost as possible, and it is truely a waste of good earned money that could go elsewhere, and be better spent! millions upon millions do not agree with me though....
care

I agree with you Care! I understand the need to celebrate . . . its the excess that is so mind-boggling. And unnecessary, imo.

care

I'm surprised Care...you weren't usually suckered in so fast or so completely....have you really become so gullible as believe the figures you posted ?....talk about repeating a lie, wow....
I'd be surprised if 170 million isn't low balling the cost of this mass masturbation of Obama.

Last edited:
The fact that the clothes have not been donated or publicly accounted for, however, has angered some big donors - who want to know exactly how their money was spent, and who are already enraged by the extravagant wardrobe figure. They say it's time for the RNC to air its dirty laundry, if you will.
Yeah, sure, uhuh. Republican donors want the Republican dirty laundry aired in public. [/sarcasm]

Forum List

Back