Palin's $180,000 Campaign Clothes "Stuffed In Trash Bags at RNC HQ"

This was a historic election and very meaningful to many, on a very personal level and that is wonderful. But, this nation and a large number of people need to get grounded and back to reality because he can only do so much even if he does it all perfectly and we are on a pretty rough path which shows no real signs of getting any easier.

Government functions IMO should be basic and to the point. They are not Hollywood events. This has been off track for my entire lifetime, the Obama fanfare only took it to a new level.

"mass masturbation of Obama"

hahaha oh I will be using that one!

Just curious..Has anyone in the media verfied the 'value' of Mrs Obama warddrobe since the inaugeration?? No?? I didn't think so...

FWIW>>>I thought Palin was a poor choice for VP, but with some experience (in the Senate maybe), she may just get my vote in the future.

McCain and his band of idiots completely screwed her over imo

But for reasons that remain mysterious, the clothes remain stashed at the RNC's Washington, D.C., headquarters. A source close to the issue told NewMajority that the clothes are "in the process" of being donated, and an RNC spokesman corroborated, saying the clothes have indeed been returned from Palin, "inventoried and will be appropriately dispersed to various charities." Attempts for an explanation of when and where the clothes will be donated went unanswered, and the governor's Alaska office does not comment on campaign issues.

The fact that the clothes have not been donated or publicly accounted for, however, has angered some big donors - who want to know exactly how their money was spent, and who are already enraged by the extravagant wardrobe figure. They say it's time for the RNC to air its dirty laundry, if you will.

[/quote]

you know, they ought to have an auction for the clothes on ebay (I am serious), and donate the money to charity.....it would give the charity more.

I would bet there are plenty of ladies out there that would pay a pretty penny to own the actual clothes that Sarah wore and her kids wore during her historical campaign...why not make the MOST of this incident and end with "A Good Thing"?

who knows, they could get a half a million for them all on ebay from some crazed fans of hers....? And this would do some great good for those in need.

Care

You know this is a really great idea! Congratulations on that!
I doubt that they hold any pleasant memories for Sarah, since she was snatched out of her pleasant Alaska life to chase around the country, working 18 hours a day, staying in motel rooms and travel trailers, and taking abuse from a hostile media for a couple of months. Another good thing to come out of it was the exposure her charismatic but ordinary commonsense, American type personality got from the whole, I'm sure for her, hassle.

Let them out a little, maybe to size 16 or 18 and Michele Obama could wear them ......

They gotta be better than the rags she wore on Jan. 20....

My idea is the best idea.....

because it is simply a lie elvis....

obama's inauguration costs for balls, parades, fireworks etc was less than $45 million and president bush's 2004, 9 balls, parads and firworks tc were $42.5 million WITHOUT SECURITY COSTS, and obama's....with millions more in citizens participating.

The cost of security for inaugurations have never been included in the inauguration costs reported....until someone tried to SPIN IT with obama's inauguration. They were never reported on for bush 1's, reagans, clintons or bush jr's....

So, what you are doing, much to the RNC'S/GOP'S glee, is repeating a lie that compares apples to oranges.

i'm not certain if you were aware of this or not? What we need to find out, is what were the security costs of bush jr and clinton, added to their cost of the balls and festivities, to actually be able to compare apples to apples, with the total expense of obama's.

i personally believe all inaugurations should be as simple as possible, with as little cost as possible, and it is truely a waste of good earned money that could go elsewhere, and be better spent! millions upon millions do not agree with me though....

care

I'm surprised Care...you weren't usually suckered in so fast or so completely....have you really become so gullible as believe the figures you posted ?....talk about repeating a lie, wow....
I'd be surprised if 170 million isn't low balling the cost of this mass masturbation of Obama.

alpha/bravo/ write! ;)

it could be 120-170 million WITH the cost of all security measures....i am not disagreeing with those speculating on the total costs INCLUDING security....

what i am saying, is that no one knows the total cost of bush's inaugurations, or clinton's, or reagan's or nixon's or johnson's or lincoln's or eisenhaur's etc....because no one has ever reported on the total cost of inaugurations, INCLUDING what security for such costs....

those on the right are saying and reporting as FACT that obama is spending 4 times the amount on his inauguration than what it cost for president bush's 2004 inauguration, and that is simply NOT TRUE....obama 's inaugural festivities including his balls, parties, fireworks, parades is <45 million and president bush's was 42.5 million 4 years earlier....

obama's costs were equivalent to bush's, taking the cost of living rise in to consideration on the festivities and hoop lah.

We do not know what the security costs for bush's inauguration was back in 2004 and what it came out to be, per head attending the inauguration, so that this could be compared with the cost per head, for security of obama's inauguration.

THAT would be apples to apples, in comparison.

i don't believe obama can control or be BLAMED for the decisions of millions of citizens, thru their own freedom, to want to be there to celebrate Alpha.

what i am interested in knowing is what the cost per head was for security for bush and obama....to see if obama's inauguration security costs are in line...

i was not and am not an obamaite, i am a hillary fan! :D

i do wish him the very best though as president of our country because that would be good for us Americans as well, in most cases...imo.

care

Last edited:
Keep spinning that fast Care, and you'll get dizzy and fall down.
especially after the load of crap they all gave about the McCain camp spending $150K on clothes, some of which were returned to the stores because they sometimes bought 2 or 3 of the same thing in different sizes
to make sure they had one that fit right

and even in the OP the cost has been inflated to $180K

Not really Jsanders, unless you call the TRUTH, spin....and i suppose that is possible!

What i said is the truth, those on the right are chanting that obama's inauguration is 4 times the cost of bush's 42.5 million when Bush's 42.5 million for 2004 DID NOT INCLUDE security costs for the events, while the cost of obama's events DO INCLUDE security costs.

so, it is pure spin on the "4 times the amount" LIE that is being spread around...because it is comparing apples to oranges.

simple as that...and surely you can understand such JS?

Do i think the 42.5 million of bush's on festivities and the 45 million of obama's on festivities and the $33 million of Clinton's on festivities is obscene, decadent and ostentatious....and a waste of good, hard earned money....YES.

Do I think that the RNC spending the $150-$180 k on clothes for Palin and her family, was a waste of hard earned money and obscene in the amount....YES.

no hypocrisy there?

Care

Not really Jsanders, unless you call the TRUTH, spin....and i suppose that is possible!

What i said is the truth, those on the right are chanting that obama's inauguration is 4 times the cost of bush's 42.5 million when Bush's 42.5 million for 2004 DID NOT INCLUDE security costs for the events, while the cost of obama's events DO INCLUDE security costs.

so, it is pure spin on the "4 times the amount" LIE that is being spread around...because it is comparing apples to oranges.

Do i think the 42.5 million of bush's on festivities and the 45 million of obama's on festivities and the $33 million of Clinton's on festivities is obscene, decadent and ostentatious....and a waste of good, hard earned money....YES.

Do I think that the RNC spending the $150-$180 k on clothes for Palin and her family, was a waste of hard earned money and obscene in the amount....YES.

no hypocrisy there?

Care
you're complaining about $150K and blowing off $45 MILLION???
and calling it the same?
hmmmm

The fact that the clothes have not been donated or publicly accounted for, however, has angered some big donors - who want to know exactly how their money was spent, and who are already enraged by the extravagant wardrobe figure. They say it's time for the RNC to air its dirty laundry, if you will.
Yeah, sure, uhuh. Republican donors want the Republican dirty laundry aired in public. [/sarcasm]

I guess there are some republicans still left with conservative values, who would have thunk it? :razz:

care

no hypocrisy there?

Care
and calling it the same?
hmmmm

i am not blowing off the 45 million....it's a disgrace...to be so decadent imo. I didn't go ape-shit over Palin's clothes either, but that was decadent and a disgrace as well...

if 100,000 people attended the various balls and events, it would come to them spending $450 bucks per person, and that is outrageous to me....and if fewer people than that attended it would be outrageously more than that 450...!

And spending 150k on clothes for a candidate is not something i would want my own donated money to go for, if i donated to the campaign...

maybe there are some people that wouldn't mind....? Who knows? That doesn't seem "right" to me....nor the additional thousands upon thousands of dollars they spent on a makeup artist for her....

seems way out of the mainstream....too phony, too Hollywood like...

but as long as it is NOT tax payer's money nor my money donated, i suppose all is fine and dandy....

and as long as it is donated money for obama's balls and parties, i suppose i don't have a dog in the hunt either...other than being appalled at the money spent for such....when there are so many people really hurting in the world...

security costs are something that just comes with the president and any public event that he attends....and there is nothing, you or I can do about how many people decide to attend these events.

no hypocrisy there?

Care
and calling it the same?
hmmmm

i am not blowing off the 45 million....it's a disgrace...to be so decadent imo. I didn't go ape-shit over Palin's clothes either, but that was decadent and a disgrace as well...

if 100,000 people attended the various balls and events, it would come to them spending $450 bucks per person, and that is outrageous to me....and if fewer people than that attended it would be outrageously more than that 450...!

And spending 150k on clothes for a candidate is not something i would want my own donated money to go for, if i donated to the campaign...

maybe there are some people that wouldn't mind....? Who knows? That doesn't seem "right" to me....nor the additional thousands upon thousands of dollars they spent on a makeup artist for her....

but as long as it is NOT tax payer's money nor my money donated, i suppose all is fine and dandy....

and as long as it is donated money for obama's balls and parties, i suppose i don't have a dog in the hunt either...other than being appalled at the money spent for such....when there are so many people really hurting in the world...

security costs are something that just comes with the president and any public event that he attends....and there is nothing, you or I can do about how many people decide to attend these events.
thing is, who decided to spend that money
i know for a fact, it wasnt Palins idea

Yeah, sure, uhuh. Republican donors want the Republican dirty laundry aired in public. [/sarcasm]

I guess there are some republicans still left with conservative values, who would have thunk it? :razz:

care
You believe that just because the author wrote that it must be true? You are obviously a typical gullible liberal.

care
You believe that just because the author wrote that it must be true? You are obviously a typical gullible liberal.

gord,

This is about the 5th or 6th time i had heard it, beginning back when it first came out, it was reported then, about the campaign donors not being too pleased...believe it or not, there are some republicans that do stick by their own ethical values....and i believed it, when this was reported... my gut said, YES, there would be some that would be upset with this, so i believed the reporting of such....

if i am wrong, then I'll be a son of a gun! :)

care

care

gord,

This is about the 5th or 6th time i had heard it, beginning back when it first came out, it was reported then, about the campaign donors not being too pleased...believe it or not, there are some republicans that do stick by their own ethical values....and i believed it, when this was reported... my gut said, YES, there would be some that would be upset with this, so i believed the reporting of such....

care
And these 5 or 6 stories all claimed that Republicans wanted their so-called dirty laundry aired in public?

Yea sure...

and calling it the same?
hmmmm

thing is, who decided to spend that money
i know for a fact, it wasnt Palins idea

it wasn't her idea....

she just agreed to it...

along with other things mccain camp strategists talked her in to that she was not comfortable with....she says now.

To me, and logically, this shows that she was possibly not ready for the position...doesn't mean she won't be some day, just that she came off as not being strong enough for the second or perhaps even the first, highest position in the country...IMO.

Care

gord,

care
And these 5 or 6 stories all claimed that Republicans wanted their so-called dirty laundry aired in public?

Yea sure...

no, not necessarily airing ALL the dirty details of the dirty laundry...

but i believe it was a strategic move to air these concerned ''generic''donors as well, the stories about these fiscally frugal, conservative donors...being a tad dismayed at these kind of decisions of where campaign money is best spent....and NOTING SUCH, actually made many fiscally conservative republicans in the public square with their eyes wide opened, feel that they still had a ''fiscal conservative place'' within the Party if other big donors were not too happy with it! imo.

care

no, not necessarily airing ALL the dirty details of the dirty laundry...

but i believe it was a strategic move to air these concerned ''generic''donors as well, the stories about these fiscally frugal, conservative donors...being a tad dismayed at these kind of decisions of where campaign money is best spent....and NOTING SUCH, actually made many fiscally conservative republicans in the public square with their eyes wide opened, feel that they still had a ''fiscal conservative place'' within the Party if other big donors were not too happy with it! imo.

care
I read your post three times and I have no idea what you are saying. But you seemed to have missed the point in my original post.

That some donors may have had questions about campaign spending regarding the clothes purchase was not what I was addressing. It was the spin of the author that these Republican donors were so upset they wanted the party punished with a public airing. I find that laughable, and that was the point of my post.

Palin's $180,000 Campaign Clothes "Stuffed In Trash Bags" At RNC Headquarters: NewMajority (VIDEO, SLIDESHOW)

NewMajority has a report today that Sarah Palin's infamous wardrobe has not been given to charity as promised by the McCain campaign after the amazing bill was revealed in October.
McCain even told the press that "one-third of the clothing was "given back."
But for reasons that remain mysterious, the clothes remain stashed at the RNC's Washington, D.C., headquarters. A source close to the issue told NewMajority that the clothes are "in the process" of being donated, and an RNC spokesman corroborated, saying the clothes have indeed been returned from Palin, "inventoried and will be appropriately dispersed to various charities." Attempts for an explanation of when and where the clothes will be donated went unanswered, and the governor's Alaska office does not comment on campaign issues.

You losers need to get past the fixation you still have with Palin. Your guys won so try to enjoy the moment and quit worrying about things that don't matter. What a pathetic life you lead to stay so involved in Palin's life.

Forum List

Back