Palin should stay in alaska: Barbra Bush

Are you saying that no matter what the former First Lady said, people on a political message board would talk about it?

captain-obvious.jpg

Is that what you got from my reply? figures.
It's news because it's a Republican breaking from group-think and lockstep agreement, criticizing one of their own.

It would be like if some Rightwinger had the balls to criticize Limbaugh. And I think Barbara Bush did, once.

Looks like she's the only one on the Right who has any balls at all.

The Bushes could not stand the Reagans either, moron.

Barbara Bush is not on the right.

Is that what you got from my reply? figures.
It's news because it's a Republican breaking from group-think and lockstep agreement, criticizing one of their own.

It would be like if some Rightwinger had the balls to criticize Limbaugh. And I think Barbara Bush did, once.

They saw Reagan as the frontman/figurehead that he was. Bush 41 had the understanding of policy. Reagan didn't have the capacity. He surrounded himself with people who easily persuaded him, like Casper Weinberger, James Baker, Edwin Meese, George Schultz, and especially Don Regan, of Goldman Sachs, who basically engineered the massive transfer of wealth to the rich, which started under Clueless Ronnie. Even Nancy was alarmed at Regan's influence, and organized his ouster.

What makes Babs Bush not "on the Right"?

They saw Reagan as the frontman/figurehead that he was. Bush 41 had the understanding of policy. Reagan didn't have the capacity. He surrounded himself with people who easily persuaded him, like Casper Weinberger, James Baker, Edwin Meese, George Schultz, and especially Don Regan, of Goldman Sachs, who basically engineered the massive transfer of wealth to the rich, which started under Clueless Ronnie. Even Nancy was alarmed at Regan's influence, and organized his ouster.

Bush 41 should have surrounded himself with people that could get him re-elected.

Bush 41 should have surrounded himself with people that could get him re-elected.
He was up against The Master Politician. And Ross Perot didn't help him one bit, and may have cost him re-election.

:lol:

revisionist douchebagherry

:eusa_shhh:

Former first lady Barbara Bush says she hopes Sarah Palin stays in Alaska.

In a preview for a Larry King interview to be shown Monday on CNN, former President George H.W. Bush and his wife, Barbara, are shown addressing topics such as the Tea Party influence, the former Alaska governor and vice presidential candidate, and their son's book.

Asked for her read on Palin, Barbara Bush responded:

"I sat next to her once, thought she was beautiful and I think she's very happy in Alaska — and I hope she'll stay there."

I'm quite unhappy with President Obama, and I'd probably vote for just about anyone else, but I will not vote for Sarah Palin. If Sarah Palin gets the nomination, I'd probably have no choice but to hold my nose and vote for Obama again, which I do not want to do.

BTW who are all the drunk people who think Sarah Palin is pretty?

In a preview for a Larry King interview to be shown Monday on CNN, former President George H.W. Bush and his wife, Barbara, are shown addressing topics such as the Tea Party influence, the former Alaska governor and vice presidential candidate, and their son's book.

"I sat next to her once, thought she was beautiful and I think she's very happy in Alaska — and I hope she'll stay there."

I'm quite unhappy with President Obama, and I'd probably vote for just about anyone else, but I will not vote for Sarah Palin. If Sarah Palin gets the nomination, I'd probably have no choice but to hold my nose and vote for Obama again, which I do not want to do.

BTW who are all the drunk people who think Sarah Palin is pretty?

The "Sarah Palin is pretty" group arrive about 2:30 after the bars close. They sober up by about 4:30, realize their mistake again, and go to bed....

Barbra Bush should learn how to suck dick. Babs Bush is just a wife who dont know her ass from a whole in the ground. It is a tragedy that our choice was Al Gore of Bush, same goes for the choice between Clinton and Bush.

Transfer or wealth, another Marxist, how many of you are posting on USMB.

Liberals have had every chance in the world to make the USA great for everybody, why have they failed, such great ideas, how could they fail simply because an idiot such as Bush is elected. I moron, an idiot, a liar, easily seen through by the Liberals, so how is it Bush undid the great, strong economy that Clinton created, Clinton had a surplus, why was that wealth not transferred to the poor.

Why was the Clinton surplus not transferred to the poor.

It is because everything the Liberal states is a lie.

All the jobs and wealth created by Liberals such as Clinton is a "paper-tiger-economy", a "house of cards".

How about Carter who gave us the mess in the Middle East and now Carter and Clinton are directly responsible for the deaths of South Koreans. Carter and Clinton failed the Korean people.

Liberals and the lies.

Watch the response, guaranteed to be filled with vile and hate, by the same people who gave us riots in Berkeley these last couple weeks because they have to pay 800 bucks more for their tuition, Berkeley, a college for rich Liberals, the students riot, and beat the police sending many to the hospital. Rich Liberal's children violently attack police over 800 bucks.

Liberals are liars, hate filled bigots.

Barbra Bush should learn how to suck dick. Babs Bush is just a wife who dont know her ass from a whole in the ground. It is a tragedy that our choice was Al Gore of Bush, same goes for the choice between Clinton and Bush.

She's not entitled to speak her mind?

Liberals have had every chance in the world to make the USA great for everybody, why have they failed, such great ideas, how could they fail simply because an idiot such as Bush is elected. I moron, an idiot, a liar, easily seen through by the Liberals,
so how is it Bush undid the great, strong economy that Clinton created, Clinton had a surplus, why was that wealth not transferred to the poor.

All the jobs and wealth created by Liberals such as Clinton is a "paper-tiger-economy", a "house of cards".

How about Carter who gave us the mess in the Middle East and now Carter and Clinton are directly responsible for the deaths of South Koreans. Carter and Clinton failed the Korean people.

Liberals and the lies.

Watch the response, guaranteed to be filled with vile and hate, by the same people who gave us riots in Berkeley these last couple weeks because they have to pay 800 bucks more for their tuition, Berkeley, a college for rich Liberals, the students riot, and beat the police sending many to the hospital. Rich Liberal's children violently attack police over 800 bucks.

Congress controls the money, braniac. The Congress was controlled by Republicans from 1994 until 2006, which includes the transition from Clinton to Bush.

So why didn't the Republicans in charge return the surplus to the people? I thought they were the "it's YOUR money, not the government's" crowd?

Barbara Bush: Palin should stay in Alaska - Politics - msnbc.com

Yay. Another stupid, pointless palin thread. *yawn*

Barbara Bush: Palin should stay in Alaska - Politics - msnbc.com

Yay. Another stupid, pointless palin thread. *yawn*
Hey! She's gonna be our next Commander In Chief, Gunny!
yes.gif
no.gif

All the cable news shows say so. Even one of the most Liberal columnists agrees:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/21/opinion/21rich.html?_r=1&hp

Reagan brilliantly cash cropped Nixon's "silent majority" aka the white protestant belly of America. Ronnie was the Great American Cowboy, come to take America back from the atheists, hippies, and policy-elites, who were destroying a great nation with bra burning, dope smoking, free love, and welfare. He was sick of hearing complaints about our treatment of the Indians or Vietnamese, sick of those who would apologize for America's benevolent power; sick of seeing the Left attack the nuclear family; sick of seeing our cities turn into welfare slums, filled with drug dealers, crime, homosexuals, and festering ghettos. Ronnie rode in on his horse and he said: "I want my country back"

You have to credit Reagan. He was able to merge the libertarians, looking for tax cuts and less government, with the Evangelicals, looking to put Pat Robertson's Greasy hands all over America's art, schools, wombs, and souls. Only a Machiavellian evil-genius could combine such opposing camps. Reagan's charisma solidified a money machine which would spawn an industry of think tanks, publishing groups, political action committees, and lobyists . . . all of which would combined to move corporate money into government & media more effectively than any other political movement in history.

People don't understand Reagan's wizardry. He started as an FDR loving Hollywood elitist who not only passed California's most liberal abortion policy but never set foot in a church. He stumped hard for Truman before his eventual political rebirth on the Goldwater campaign -- "A Time For Choosing". By the 70s he had transformed himself into a religious Conservative in order to steal the heartland from the Liberals, who sold FDR's working man down river in exchange for welfare queens and black panthers. He opened his campaign for president in Philadelphia Mississippi, telling white folk -- who were disgusted by the Civil Rights Movement -- that he was gonna get the fed off their backs.

You'd think that the Conservative base -- who pride themselves on political skepticism -- would have seen-through Reagan's highly choreographed, transparent metamorphosis into a religious savior. Nope. The Conservative base tends to turn their political leaders into God-like figures. Don't take my word for it. Use your Google. Their love for Reagan and Palin is all the evidence you will ever need.

Reagan seized white backlash better than any president before him. He moved populist anger from corporations to government. Palin is trying to co-opt the same white resentment, but she lacks Reagan's skill.

Last edited:

Liberals have had every chance in the world to make the USA great for everybody, why have they failed, such great ideas, how could they fail simply because an idiot such as Bush is elected. I moron, an idiot, a liar, easily seen through by the Liberals,
so how is it Bush undid the great, strong economy that Clinton created, Clinton had a surplus, why was that wealth not transferred to the poor.

Liberals and the lies.

Congress controls the money, braniac. The Congress was controlled by Republicans from 1994 until 2006, which includes the transition from Clinton to Bush.

So why didn't the Republicans in charge return the surplus to the people? I thought they were the "it's YOUR money, not the government's" crowd?

No, Bush cannot speak her mind,

No endless filibusterer during that time, whats wrong, selective memory. There is much more but I am too busy in other threads to start another debate. I may come back to this though.

I dont support Republicans, further the Bush tax cut did return the money, partially.

Liberals and the lies.

One quick observation, Republicans did not control Congress in 1994, dumb-ass.

and another item I forgot, Senator Jeffords.

Last edited:

No endless filibusterer during that time, whats wrong, selective memory. There is much more but I am too busy in other threads to start another debate. I may come back to this though.

I dont support Republicans, further the Bush tax cut did return the money, partially.

What?!?

I am not happy that Republicans won, this is a bit old, I dont agree with a third party but this quote is spot on.

I say shit about Barbra Bush, then Clinton, and someone thinks I am partisan Republican, what a "Brainiac"

Those who voted for a third party candidate for Congress in the recent election are not the ones who wasted their vote. Republicans who voted for Republican candidates hoping that “this time” perhaps the performance of the Republicans might improve are the ones who wasted their vote. Conservatives who, against their better judgment, voted Republican because they feared what would happen if the “liberals” were in control, wasted their vote on a party that deserved to lose. Evangelical Christians who held their nose and voted Republican because they thought they were choosing the lesser of two evils not only wasted their vote, but are sadly mistaken

What?!?

You asked, I told you, did you want a different answer.

One quick observation, Republicans did not control Congress in 1994, dumb-ass.

and another item I forgot, Senator Jeffords.

WHAT?!?

Oh, I get it - you're trying to be clever, since the election was in 1994, but they took office in 1995. Ooh, you're a smart one!

OK - adjust the years: they controlled Congress from 1995-2007. Better? What fucking difference does it make to the fact that they were in charge of the money when we had the surplus?

Forum List

Back