Palin rewrites the midnight ride of Paul Revere

general comment-

if you are going to clock someone for saying something stupid, don't be selective or upset when its just thrown back in your face...they all do it and these these threads are silly.

if someone wants to get exercised or outraged of over a comment how about;

Chrysler paid back all the money we gave them

that is a flat out lie, period and he should know better but he said it anyway.

Damn thats a good speech. It defines the impact of the Civil Rights movement on the US. Never read the whole thing

And yet you compare it to your messiah Palins rambling, stuttering explanation on Paul Revere?

It's a good speech, if you don't mind being lied to. Because the dates do not fit with the claims contained within that speech.

Again (and I am getting really bored repeating myself for the terminally stupid).... I am not a Palin supporter... time and again on this forum, I have called her 'no more than a useful idiot'. Research that too, you fucking moron.

I've also seen JFKs speech "Ich bien ein Berliner"

Do you realize he was not really from Berlin?

Who'd a thunk it?

your example is not a valid comparison.

It's a good speech, if you don't mind being lied to. Because the dates do not fit with the claims contained within that speech.

Again (and I am getting really bored repeating myself for the terminally stupid).... I am not a Palin supporter... time and again on this forum, I have called her 'no more than a useful idiot'. Research that too, you fucking moron.

Who'd a thunk it?

your example is not a valid comparison.

Such is metaphor......

Are you claiming that Palins statement that Revere warned the Brits not to take our guns was a metaphor?

The USA is in trouble and all the moonbats can do is mock Sarah Palin. These are the people who think you're stupid if you disagree with their President.
Palin and Bachmann don't just disagree with Obama, they disagree with history.

There is nothing wrong with not having a strong understanding of US history. It's when you lecture other people on how important our founding fathers were and have such a simplistic understanding yourself.

Palin is specifically on a bus tour of historic American sites. For her to do so little preparation in advance of her stops shows a lot about the type of leader she would be

That's what I find the most confounding. Palin wasn't ambushed about a question about Paul Revere while shopping at Walmart. She specifically decided to do this tour. Doesn't it stand to reason that ANYBODY with a modicum of common sense would brush up on some of the facts surrounding the historic sites and the very people who made that history?

Last edited:
Palin and Bachmann don't just disagree with Obama, they disagree with history.

There is nothing wrong with not having a strong understanding of US history. It's when you lecture other people on how important our founding fathers were and have such a simplistic understanding yourself.

Palin is specifically on a bus tour of historic American sites. For her to do so little preparation in advance of her stops shows a lot about the type of leader she would be

That's what I find the most confounding. Palin wasn't ambused about a question about Paul Revere while shopping at Walmart. She specifically decided to do this tour. Doesn't it stand to reason that ANYBODY with a modicum of common sense would brush up on some of the facts surrounding the historic sites and the very people who made that history?

I just can't figure out the intent of this PR stunt. is it a test for a potential run or just a way to suck up some Sarah PAC cash before the legitimate candidates run?

Palin is a half assed hack out to make a dime at the expense of frustrated Americans. She contributes nothing to the discussion, but shouting and yelling about shit she can't even be bothered to read up on.

In talking about Paul Revere and his historic ride from Boston to Lexington — you know, the midnight ride where he warned of the advancing British — the half-term governor of Alaska, best-selling author and reality television star, said this:

He who warned, uh, the British that they weren’t going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free. . . .

You can’t make this stuff up. Well, actually, Palin proves, once again, you can.

Sarah Palin claims Paul Revere warned the British - latimes.com

That's what Palin said.

Here's what actually happened (in prose), and I think that just about everyone who is over the age of 30 knows the first part by heart............

Listen my children and you shall hear
Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere,
On the eighteenth of April, in Seventy-five;
Hardly a man is now alive
Who remembers that famous day and year.
He said to his friend, "If the British march
By land or sea from the town to-night,
Hang a lantern aloft in the belfry arch
Of the North Church tower as a signal light,--
One if by land, and two if by sea;
And I on the opposite shore will be,
Ready to ride and spread the alarm
Through every Middlesex village and farm,
For the country folk to be up and to arm."

Then he said "Good-night!" and with muffled oar
Silently rowed to the Charlestown shore,
Just as the moon rose over the bay,
Where swinging wide at her moorings lay
The Somerset, British man-of-war;
A phantom ship, with each mast and spar
Across the moon like a prison bar,
And a huge black hulk, that was magnified
By its own reflection in the tide.

Meanwhile, his friend through alley and street
Wanders and watches, with eager ears,
Till in the silence around him he hears
The muster of men at the barrack door,
The sound of arms, and the tramp of feet,
And the measured tread of the grenadiers,
Marching down to their boats on the shore.

Then he climbed the tower of the Old North Church,
By the wooden stairs, with stealthy tread,
To the belfry chamber overhead,
And startled the pigeons from their perch
On the sombre rafters, that round him made
Masses and moving shapes of shade,--
By the trembling ladder, steep and tall,
To the highest window in the wall,
Where he paused to listen and look down
A moment on the roofs of the town
And the moonlight flowing over all.

Beneath, in the churchyard, lay the dead,
In their night encampment on the hill,
Wrapped in silence so deep and still
That he could hear, like a sentinel's tread,
The watchful night-wind, as it went
Creeping along from tent to tent,
And seeming to whisper, "All is well!"
A moment only he feels the spell
Of the place and the hour, and the secret dread
Of the lonely belfry and the dead;
For suddenly all his thoughts are bent
On a shadowy something far away,
Where the river widens to meet the bay,--
A line of black that bends and floats
On the rising tide like a bridge of boats.

Meanwhile, impatient to mount and ride,
Booted and spurred, with a heavy stride
On the opposite shore walked Paul Revere.
Now he patted his horse's side,
Now he gazed at the landscape far and near,
Then, impetuous, stamped the earth,
And turned and tightened his saddle girth;
But mostly he watched with eager search
The belfry tower of the Old North Church,
As it rose above the graves on the hill,
Lonely and spectral and sombre and still.
And lo! as he looks, on the belfry's height
A glimmer, and then a gleam of light!
He springs to the saddle, the bridle he turns,
But lingers and gazes, till full on his sight
A second lamp in the belfry burns.

A hurry of hoofs in a village street,
A shape in the moonlight, a bulk in the dark,
And beneath, from the pebbles, in passing, a spark
Struck out by a steed flying fearless and fleet;
That was all! And yet, through the gloom and the light,
The fate of a nation was riding that night;
And the spark struck out by that steed, in his flight,
Kindled the land into flame with its heat.
He has left the village and mounted the steep,
And beneath him, tranquil and broad and deep,
Is the Mystic, meeting the ocean tides;
And under the alders that skirt its edge,
Now soft on the sand, now loud on the ledge,
Is heard the tramp of his steed as he rides.

It was twelve by the village clock
When he crossed the bridge into Medford town.
He heard the crowing of the cock,
And the barking of the farmer's dog,
And felt the damp of the river fog,
That rises after the sun goes down.

It was one by the village clock,
When he galloped into Lexington.
He saw the gilded weathercock
Swim in the moonlight as he passed,
And the meeting-house windows, black and bare,
Gaze at him with a spectral glare,
As if they already stood aghast
At the bloody work they would look upon.

It was two by the village clock,
When he came to the bridge in Concord town.
He heard the bleating of the flock,
And the twitter of birds among the trees,
And felt the breath of the morning breeze
Blowing over the meadow brown.
And one was safe and asleep in his bed
Who at the bridge would be first to fall,
Who that day would be lying dead,
Pierced by a British musket ball.

You know the rest. In the books you have read
How the British Regulars fired and fled,---
How the farmers gave them ball for ball,
>From behind each fence and farmyard wall,
Chasing the redcoats down the lane,
Then crossing the fields to emerge again
Under the trees at the turn of the road,
And only pausing to fire and load.

So through the night rode Paul Revere;
And so through the night went his cry of alarm
To every Middlesex village and farm,---
A cry of defiance, and not of fear,
A voice in the darkness, a knock at the door,
And a word that shall echo for evermore!
For, borne on the night-wind of the Past,
Through all our history, to the last,
In the hour of darkness and peril and need,
The people will waken and listen to hear
The hurrying hoof-beats of that steed,
And the midnight message of Paul Revere.
Paul Revere's Ride

Wonder if Palin was home schooled?
Prolly. I remember reading and even reciting that poem in grade school. Of course, this was in public school where you are taught to be proud of American history.

:)

Can't seem to find the part where he "warned" the British.

Best part about Palin is the lemming zombie left will are stubbling all over themselves on her everyword waiting for her to announce a run and will wake up one November day to someone like President Romney

As usual, any legitimate ridiculing of a Republican is deflected to Obama. I'm kind of surprised Clinton hasn't been brought up yet.
True, unable to defend the ignorance of Palin and address the serious consequences of that ignorance should Palin ever (!) hold National office, they instead attack Obama in a fit of irrelevancy.

Deflecting with more deflection is irrelevant – this topic is about Palin’s ignorance and incompetence – as noted, either address those issues or start your own thread about Obama.

Fair enough.

In which case they need to educate themselves or just stay out of politics altogether. Perhaps that’s the way to ‘clean things up.’

True, unable to defend the ignorance of Palin and address the serious consequences of that ignorance should Palin ever (!) hold National office, they instead attack Obama in a fit of irrelevancy.

Although I agree that she sounded stupid with her reply, I have to question how her not having a good grasp of history would affect her ability to lead this nation. I happen to find history intriguing. But, I just don't think that her not being able to tell the story of Paul Revere, the Boston Tea Party, The Shot Heard Around the World etc. etc. etc. would affect her ability to lead this country.

President Obama's misstatement of the number of states does not affect his ability to lead this country, neither would Palin's lack of understanding of Revolutionary history.

That is not to say, I will be voting for her if she runs. That is not bloody likely unless the Democrats run an arrogant SOB like Kerry that is.

Immie
It's not Palin's lack of knowledge on a subject that concerns me. It's her need to answer any question or contribute to any conversation, even thou she has no answer or nothing to contribute. A good politician that can think on their feet can always gracefully sidestep questions and conversations.

Every gesture and sentence uttered by a president is analyzed. For a president to talk about things he doesn't know anything about can be disastrous.

If you don‘t know what to say, it's better to say nothing because you may regret your words, but you will hardly ever regret your silence. This is something Palin just doesn't seem to comprehend which is enough in my mind to make her a poor choice for president.

Damn thats a good speech. It defines the impact of the Civil Rights movement on the US. Never read the whole thing

And yet you compare it to your messiah Palins rambling, stuttering explanation on Paul Revere?

Who'd a thunk it?

"Ich bien ein Berliner" was a standard phrase used at that time to show solidarity. Obama claimed:

What happened in Selma, Alabama and Birmingham also stirred the conscience of the nation. It worried folks in the White House who said, “You know, we're battling Communism. How are we going to win hearts and minds all across the world? If right here in our own country, John, we're not observing the ideals set fort in our Constitution, we might be accused of being hypocrites.” So the Kennedy’s decided we're going to do an air lift. We're going to go to Africa and start bringing young Africans over to this country and give them scholarships to study so they can learn what a wonderful country America is.

This young man named Barack Obama got one of those tickets and came over to this country. He met this woman whose great great-great-great-grandfather had owned slaves; but she had a good idea there was some craziness going on because they looked at each other and they decided that we know that the world as it has been it might not be possible for us to get together and have a child.
There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Alabama, because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born. So don't tell me I don't have a claim on Selma, Alabama. Don't tell me I’m not coming home to Selma, Alabama.

That part I highlighted, that's not a 'good story' or spin.... it is an out and out lie. It is no wonder our country is so fucked up. People like you not only ignore lies by politicians, you openly support the telling of outright lies.

I find that reprehensible.

Deflecting with more deflection is irrelevant – this topic is about Palin’s ignorance and incompetence – as noted, either address those issues or start your own thread about Obama.

Fair enough.

In which case they need to educate themselves or just stay out of politics altogether. Perhaps that’s the way to ‘clean things up.’

Although I agree that she sounded stupid with her reply, I have to question how her not having a good grasp of history would affect her ability to lead this nation. I happen to find history intriguing. But, I just don't think that her not being able to tell the story of Paul Revere, the Boston Tea Party, The Shot Heard Around the World etc. etc. etc. would affect her ability to lead this country.

President Obama's misstatement of the number of states does not affect his ability to lead this country, neither would Palin's lack of understanding of Revolutionary history.

That is not to say, I will be voting for her if she runs. That is not bloody likely unless the Democrats run an arrogant SOB like Kerry that is.

Immie
It's not Palin's lack of knowledge on a subject that concerns me. It's her need to answer any question or contribute to any conversation, even thou she has no answer or nothing to contribute. A good politician that can think on their feet can always gracefully sidestep questions and conversations.

Every gesture and sentence uttered by a president is analyzed. For a president to talk about things he doesn't know anything about can be disastrous.

If you don‘t know what to say, it's better to say nothing because you may regret your words, but you will hardly ever regret your silence. This is something Palin just doesn't seem to comprehend which is enough in my mind to make her a poor choice for president.

When asked a question, Palin resorts to her beauty queen training...smile and babble anything that comes into your mind

The tea party must be proud of her

well we sure as hell ain't proud of your dud.

Hey Willy. Get with the program. Liberal politicians can tell outright lies and that's a 'good story', but a conservative politician gets her facts wrong, and she's the Devil Incarnate. Try and keep up. :lol:

What a bunch of hypocrites these so called 'liberals' are.

Hey Willy. Get with the program. Liberal politicians can tell outright lies and that's a 'good story', but a conservative politician gets her facts wrong, and she's the Devil Incarnate. Try and keep up. :lol:

I'm used to them and their Palin hating ways. They are just like pigs, they hate and they snort and it's all very irrational of them. For that reason alone I would love to see her in the WH.Their freaking heads would explode and they deserve it for what they've done to AMerica.

I'm used to them and their Palin hating ways. They are just like pigs, they hate and they snort and it's all very irrational of them. For that reason alone I would love to see her in the WH.Their freaking heads would explode and they deserve it for what they've done to AMerica.

wah!!!!!!!!

Yeah,, wah!!!!!

Immie

When asked a question, Palin resorts to her beauty queen training...smile and babble anything that comes into your mind
LBJ's statement, " Jerry Ford is so dumb he can't fart and chew gum at the same time." seems to apply to Palin. She's cute and bubbling over with personality, but that's about it.

your example was a poor failure. Just because YOU think it was equal does not make it so.

Yea, it was a poor example. Palin fucked up.... Obama lied. I can tolerate stupid (reluctantly)... but I despise liars. And your boiking.... fucking liar. I proved it and y'all think that it's fine for Obama to lie.... and rant like stuck pigs about a stupid fuck up.

Pathetic liars.

Right...like Obama,trying to impress the Jewish voters during the election...by telling them he had an uncle that was among the American troops that liberated Auschwitz concentration camp. Which wasn't even liberated by Americans....but the Russians. Oops. :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back