Palin on Ukraine: I told you so

Mojo2

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2013
05:36 PM ET
1 hour ago
Palin on Ukraine: I told you so

(CNN) - Sarah Palin may be having a bragging rights moment.

In 2008, when she was the GOP vice presidential nominee, Palin questioned in a speech whether then-Sen. Barack Obama would have the foreign policy credentials to handle a scenario in which Russian President Vladimir Putin invaded Ukraine.

"After the Russian army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama's reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence – the kind of response that would only encourage Russia's Putin to invade Ukraine next," she said in Reno, Nevada on October 21, 2008.

The former Alaska governor was happy to highlight her prediction on Friday and scold those who criticized her 2008 comments.

"Yes, I could see this one from Alaska," she said on Facebook. That remark was a reference to a 2008 interview in which Palin argued that Alaska's proximity to Russia helped boost her foreign policy experience.

Saturday Night Live parodied her remarks in a now-famous sketch with Tina Fey, who played Palin on the show, saying "I can see Russia from my house."

On Facebook, Palin continued to explain how she anticipated a growing crisis between Russia and Ukraine, where there has now been an uncontested arrival of Russian military forces by air at a Russian base in Ukraine's Crimea region. They are believed to be Russian land forces, according to a U.S. assessment.

Political tension grows in Ukraine's Crimea region

"I'm usually not one to Told-Ya-So, but I did, despite my accurate prediction being derided as 'an extremely far-fetched scenario' by the 'high-brow' Foreign Policy magazine."

In October 2008, Foreign Policy labeled Palin's prediction as "strange."

From Russia, no love for Yanukovych

Palin on Ukraine: I told you so ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

So which one is better?

A leftist who weakens America but is well read?

Or a genuine American whose instincts are spot on and whose heart bleeds Red White & Blue?

I'll take the latter every day of the week and twice on Sundays!

Sarah Palin can smile all the way to the bank.

Good for her.

Fuck her critics.

:fu:

Last edited:
How the fuck would Caribou Barbie know what's going in the situation room of the White House?

How the fuck would she even have a clue about meetings and briefings the President has had?

She doesn't have any security clearance at all.

Show her a blank map of Russia she couldn't tell you where Ukraine is?

Shame on CNN. This is not news. This is bullshit.

How the fuck would Caribou Barbie know what's going in the situation room of the White House?

How the fuck would she even have a clue about meetings and briefings the President has had?

old Jedi mind trick

How would obama know anything when he's too busy making cutesy videos with Biden.

It's called free speech in case you didn't know Dudley.

Ukraine would not be on a blank map of Russia since it is not part of Russia, merely a bordering country. Caribou Barbie knew that but you don't. Who is the smartest one now?

[ame=http://youtu.be/5x_-IoeSB-A]A message - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Well lets see here, i've found about a couple of major advents in our history, at the exact same time as obama, on the 11:00 news.

LMAO!!! Clearly Governor Palin knows more than you. Tell us again where Ukraine is? :lol:

Okay, now THIS is truly funny.

Teh same ditz who didn't know Africa is a continent, didn't know Queen Elizabeth is not the head of govt in GB, did not know the difference between North and South Korea, did not know ...

You get the idea.

She didn't know the same things the rw's who love her don't know.

President Obama has done exactly the right thing. Be grateful $arah can't get her hands on a red phone or a red button.

And in other news, FOX has purchased CNN!

No???

How can it be otherwise?

Were it simply CNN coming to terms with reality then tens of thousands of liberal stalwarts would be crowding onto bridges to test the waters.

Okay, now THIS is truly funny.

Teh same ditz who didn't know Africa is a continent, didn't know Queen Elizabeth is not the head of govt in GB, did not know the difference between North and South Korea, did not know ...

You get the idea.

She knew THIS:

"After the Russian army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama's reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence – the kind of response that would only encourage Russia's Putin to invade Ukraine next," she said in Reno, Nevada on October 21, 2008.

And none of you Obamabutts did.

I heard Obama drew another red line there...........

But there are reports that Russia already has boots on the ground there.

Another idiotic moment for the Loser N Chief

Forum List

Back