Palin leaves town $19 million in debt

But did she run it well, anyone can get a job but not everyone can do it well. I am sure you have seen this but here is something she screwed up.

From the Wall Street Journal: The biggest project that Sarah Palin undertook as mayor of this small town was an indoor sports complex, where locals played hockey, soccer, and basketball, especially during the long, dark Alaskan winters. The only catch was that the city began building roads and installing utilities for the project before it had unchallenged title to the land. The misstep led to years of litigation and at least $1.3 million in extra costs for a small municipality with a small budget. What was to be Ms. Palin’s legacy ...

The more you learn about the woman the more question arise. Someone show me something she has done well or somewhere she has made a difference. She cut the budget for programs that help pregnant teens find jobs and housing. What a dumbass, Her daughter is one of those young women, I believe in Karma and I think it bit her in her fat ass.

I love the video on The Daily Show of Bill OReilly talking about Britney Spears sister's pregnancy and how her parents are to blame, and then when Palin's daughter get pregnant, OReilly says it's a "private matter."

I love the video on The Daily Show of Bill OReilly talking about Britney Spears sister's pregnancy and how her parents are to blame, and then when Palin's daughter get pregnant, OReilly says it's a "private matter."

O'reily is the most angry, insecure douche bag I have ever watched in my entire life, I love the video of him when he was on extra(or whatever it was called) and he freaked out at the staff, it showed his true colors.

Luissa,

Do you wish to compare the job of someone that goes from place to place on the south side of Chicago getting out the vote, which by the way is a noble thing to do but hardly is on the same level as a mayor or a gov. or for that matter the manager at the local supermarket. The largest budget that Obama ever planned and executed outside his own houehold was when he was on the board at DCP and that was 400,000.00 at its peak. Oppose that to Sarah Palin whos budgets were in the millions, they involved planning, and working with department heads to complete projects and manage a city and a state. What was Barack Obama doing when he was in the State legislature besides voting present over 130 times? Having rally's and talking? Yes, there is a huge difference between Obama and Palin, the first is she's not running for president , the second is her experience in matters of actually running a government at all levels is so vastly superior to his it doesn't even make for a fair comparison. The only reason that the democrats are in a freenzy over her is because she does not have the same views on social issues as half your party so therefor she must be a bad person.
So isn't that pretty much the reason you guys keep attacking Obama's because he doesn't have the same views as conservatives! ANd I would rather support someone is excepting of everything then a tickets who wants to hold minorties back and tell gay people they are sinful and do not deserve the right to get married. And as for Palin running for President, she is running for VP and with McCain's age there is good chance she could become President. And sorry I don;t want some women is wants to teach creationism in school and has talked about banning books in her home town. She didn't even support her own mother in law when she ran for mayor of that small town because she didn't believe in the same social issues as her. What do social issues have to do with running a town of 6,000 people.

do you deny that many in Congress probably based their initial vote on the FALSE information provided by the Bush administration? Lies repeated over and over both in public and I'd venture in private as well.

How, in good conscious could a Senator concerned about the safety of Americans vote against that war when they, like the American people, were led to believe Iraq was an immediate threat?

As for voting to fund the war, well once the troops were over there I'd assume the right thing to do would be provide them with the proper tools to keep them safe, wouldn't you?

I wouldn't vote for the war but I certainly wouldn't vote against funding the troops. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Silence,

I'd venture to say that congress in 2002 received the same
security briefing from the CIA and NSA that the White House did,
in fact Hillary Clinton later claimed the report was 96 pages
long and she didn't read it, she just took it on faith.
So if any congressmen , Senator, is now claiming that they
voted because for some reason they were duped etc. I don't
buy that for a minute. They read polling data and see the war
as unpopular and want to keep their jobs and are taking a stance
based on that. If they had, had problems with it at the time,
then perahps they should have used their judgement and not
went along to go along? Even Ted Kennedy, and Robert Byrd had the
courage of their convictions to at least read what was presented and
make a decision that was different from most at the time.

I used the War funding example as an example to show how some in congress
are more intrested in polls rather than doing their jobs. I would not NOR
would I EVER condone anyone who would pull funding for troops in harms way. However, it seems at least to me Silence a little disturbing to run about
playing the George Bush blame game when there is plenty to go around and to use your "so called anit-war" stance as a campaign slogan, when clearly you do support the war.

If you want to talk facts let's? Your candidate was voted into the US Senate in 2005 took office in Jan. 2005 and annouced his run for president in feb 2007. so that leaves what? two years in the US Senate before announcing his ambitions and you think Sarah Palin is power hungry?

That's not a logical argument. He was also a state senator for eight years. To run for president with his record does not equate to being power hungry as Palin has been described. You aren't nicknamed Baracuda for being a nice easy going person who doesn't want power.

Obama, to my knowledge, does not make his hired help sign loyalty oaths to him.

"I swear by almighty GOD this sacred oath that I will be unfailing and
unconditional obedient public servant to Sarah Palin.
That I will at all times diligently fulfill my official duties as a public
servant and that I shall be forever and at all times ready to give my life
for this oath.
So help me GOD."
If this is true, she needs an exorcist, not a running mate.

Silence,

I'd venture to say that congress in 2002 received the same
security briefing from the CIA and NSA that the White House did,
in fact Hillary Clinton later claimed the report was 96 pages
long and she didn't read it, she just took it on faith.
So if any congressmen , Senator, is now claiming that they
voted because for some reason they were duped etc. I don't
buy that for a minute. They read polling data and see the war
as unpopular and want to keep their jobs and are taking a stance
based on that. If they had, had problems with it at the time,
then perahps they should have used their judgement and not
went along to go along? Even Ted Kennedy, and Robert Byrd had the
courage of their convictions to at least read what was presented and
make a decision that was different from most at the time.

I used the War funding example as an example to show how some in congress
are more intrested in polls rather than doing their jobs. I would not NOR
would I EVER condone anyone who would pull funding for troops in harms way. However, it seems at least to me Silence a little disturbing to run about
playing the George Bush blame game when there is plenty to go around and to use your "so called anit-war" stance as a campaign slogan, when clearly you do support the war.

So do you think Scott McClellan is a liar, I havent read the book but I have seen him on several shows discussing the hard facts and he says Bush and Cheney knew the intelligence was bogus and covered it up. They are all crooked.

So isn't that pretty much the reason you guys keep attacking Obama's because he doesn't have the same views as conservatives! ANd I would rather support someone is excepting of everything then a tickets who wants to hold minorties back and tell gay people they are sinful and do not deserve the right to get married. And as for Palin running for President, she is running for VP and with McCain's age there is good chance she could become President. And sorry I don;t want some women is wants to teach creationism in school and has talked about banning books in her home town. She didn't even support her own mother in law when she ran for mayor of that small town because she didn't believe in the same social issues as her. What do social issues have to do with running a town of 6,000 people.

Luissa;

You will NEVER hear me attack Obama on personal issues, i.e. stupid moronic things like he's a muslim, or he's a racist or on social issues. That is the dumbest thing since, well let me see since, talking about Sarah Palins daughter, I suppose. your logic on the VP thing can be applied both way's you know? look at Joe Biden with all that high blood pressure what happens if he takes over and drops dead? We get Nancy Pelosi? now there's really something to look forward too she's done such an outstanding job in congress to garner that 9% approval rating. My problem with Obama stems from the fact he just does not have anything in the qualification department to do the job. He's packaged and marketed like a movie, and has no substance. However you choose to vote for a person based on your convictions is great Luissa as far as I am concerned that's a good thing and not a bad thing at all. I see a problem with a party though that claims to be all inclusive when in fact, if someone does not hold their views they are excluded, see what I mean? You really want to be a party of "hope and change" stop tearing down people who don't believe like you in social issues and try to meet them half way. One more thing, anyone that tears someone down based on their race or gender, or choices is a complete idiot and lacks the ability to at least try to understand we all share the same space.

That's not a logical argument. He was also a state senator for eight years. To run for president with his record does not equate to being power hungry as Palin has been described. You aren't nicknamed Baracuda for being a nice easy going person who doesn't want power.

ray,

pardon the 2005 typo there, was 2004 and sworn in , in 2005. I choose to see it very different than you do, for someone who spent most of his time in the state senate voting present and teaching at the Univ of Chicago. What do you call it then , when someone get's to the US Senate, a very junior Senator , who up and decided to run for president? at the very least ambitious? What you define as that for your candidate I so the same for mine see what I mean.

So do you think Scott McClellan is a liar, I havent read the book but I have seen him on several shows discussing the hard facts and he says Bush and Cheney knew the intelligence was bogus and covered it up. They are all crooked.

I put absolutly no credence in Scott McClellan, know why? He already admitted that he was wrong about the White giving Fox News talking points. You don't suppose Scott was trying to sell a book do you?

"Some people tried to paint it in a black and white term to their preconceived notions," said McClellan. "I should not have left it open to interpretation."
Scott McClellan

Scratch That &mdash; McClellan Says O'Reilly <em>Didn't</em> Receive Talking Points - mediabistro.com: TVNewser

Bush lied, Americans died. It's that simple.

We had NO COMPELLING NATIONAL INTEREST in Iraq. Now 4,000 dead, 30,000 wounded, and $700 billion dollars later, the Bushies want to blame the minority party in Congress. What bullsh*t!

Luissa;

You will NEVER hear me attack Obama on personal issues, i.e. stupid moronic things like he's a muslim, or he's a racist or on social issues. That is the dumbest thing since, well let me see since, talking about Sarah Palins daughter, I suppose. your logic on the VP thing can be applied both way's you know? look at Joe Biden with all that high blood pressure what happens if he takes over and drops dead? We get Nancy Pelosi? now there's really something to look forward too she's done such an outstanding job in congress to garner that 9% approval rating. My problem with Obama stems from the fact he just does not have anything in the qualification department to do the job. He's packaged and marketed like a movie, and has no substance. However you choose to vote for a person based on your convictions is great Luissa as far as I am concerned that's a good thing and not a bad thing at all. I see a problem with a party though that claims to be all inclusive when in fact, if someone does not hold their views they are excluded, see what I mean? You really want to be a party of "hope and change" stop tearing down people who don't believe like you in social issues and try to meet them half way. One more thing, anyone that tears someone down based on their race or gender, or choices is a complete idiot and lacks the ability to at least try to understand we all share the same space.
Like you said we should exclude someone on their views and I am glad you feel that way, which is why I am not for Palin because she seems to do that same thing. I voted for McCain four years ago and think it was great when he was trying to reform his own party. I also thought he should be an independent! My problems is gave up his convinction's to win his parties nomination. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to get what you want!

post your evidence to the contrary DC....

I get annoyed at the continued dismissal by Cons of these incidents that keep popping up regarding Palin, especially when they don't provide ANY evidence to back up their claim that it's lies....

SHOW US....prove the story wrong DC... c'mon... we're waiting.
its been done

Like you said we should exclude someone on their views and I am glad you feel that way, which is why I am not for Palin because she seems to do that same thing. I voted for McCain four years ago and think it was great when he was trying to reform his own party. I also thought he should be an independent! My problems is gave up his convinction's to win his parties nomination. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to get what you want!

I think when someone run's for that office no matter who it is Obama or McCain Luissa those convictions tend to swing with winds. So I would not use that DNC "talking point" as an exclusive McCain trait. To me it's actually rally simple, Barack Obama is i'm sure sincere in his beliefs , but is in my opinion wholly unqualified to be president and has been presented in a manner to the public that his record does not support. Sarah Palin on the other hand is a person admittedly that for the democrats and most of the media establishment and some in the Republican party came out of no where for the nomination. However, she is not someone that is a complete unknown within the party, there was a big effort within the party to get her nominated for several months prior to the convention. The democrats and the media were simply caught off guard, because all the prepared "dirt" they had dug up on the potential running mates had to be tossed out the window and now they are in a freenzy for several reasons. The media because they are insulted that they were not part of the vetting process and feel outside the loop in the influence department, heaven forbid the media doesn't have a say so on a candidate. The other is the DNC machine, that has to get the message out to the democratic base of on those mean old nasty evil republicans out there waiting to steal your babies and take away our milk money. Thus you have a hyper environment that on your side you believe any negative thing about her which makes your candidate look better, and thats understandable, as you want your man to win. I rather doubt that Sarah Palin gets the kind of approval rating in Alaska she has, and the number of people who like her personally with being the mean and nasty person the democrats like to claim she is.

source?

After reading a few too many of DiveCon's looney posts in support of Palin, I have to wonder if he didn't surface too quickly from his last dive and is now suffering from the bends of the brain. With friends like DiveCon on her side, does Palin even need enemies?

I think when someone run's for that office no matter who it is Obama or McCain Luissa those convictions tend to swing with winds. So I would not use that DNC "talking point" as an exclusive McCain trait. To me it's actually rally simple, Barack Obama is i'm sure sincere in his beliefs , but is in my opinion wholly unqualified to be president and has been presented in a manner to the public that his record does not support. Sarah Palin on the other hand is a person admittedly that for the democrats and most of the media establishment and some in the Republican party came out of no where for the nomination. However, she is not someone that is a complete unknown within the party, there was a big effort within the party to get her nominated for several months prior to the convention. The democrats and the media were simply caught off guard, because all the prepared "dirt" they had dug up on the potential running mates had to be tossed out the window and now they are in a freenzy for several reasons. The media because they are insulted that they were not part of the vetting process and feel outside the loop in the influence department, heaven forbid the media doesn't have a say so on a candidate. The other is the DNC machine, that has to get the message out to the democratic base of on those mean old nasty evil republicans out there waiting to steal your babies and take away our milk money. Thus you have a hyper environment that on your side you believe any negative thing about her which makes your candidate look better, and thats understandable, as you want your man to win. I rather doubt that Sarah Palin gets the kind of approval rating in Alaska she has, and the number of people who like her personally with being the mean and nasty person the democrats like to claim she is.
Well my best friend actually knows her personally, she lived next door to Palin's in laws in Wassila and her father works with Palin's husband in BP and she still will not vote for her. She may not be as evil as us liberals say she is but I like you have said before I do not believe in what she believes in and I just don't want to take the chance she would become president. For I don't believe in drilling the Artic, it is a temporary fix to a much larger problem. I am for envirnment and she is not. And as the conviction's of obama and mccain, I don't care if they swing it is just what they do with it. Clinton was a corrupt president but look how good our economy was, he created 23 million jobs to George W's 4 million. I just don't want four more years of us having to borrow money from CHina. If you can say with out a doubt McCain will change what George Bush has done then I might think twice. But I don't think you can!

Last edited:
After reading a few too many of DiveCon's looney posts in support of Palin, I have to wonder if he didn't surface too quickly from his last dive and is now suffering from the bends of the brain. With friends like DiveCon on her side, does Palin even need enemies?
no, you missunderstand, keep spreading these lies, get all your moron friends to help you
if you hadnt noticed, its actually helping my side and hurting yours
so PLEASE, keep this on the front page

Forum List

Back