Palin Dominates Obama

Are you saying controlling the news cycle qualifys you to be President.

Michael Jackson has controlled the news cycle over the past 2 weeks.

Over the past 2 weeks Sarah Palin gave her Republican opponents in the primaries all the amunition they need to bury her. That is why she is talking 3rd party. That is her only hope.

naw, McCain blew his chances with that "suspending my campaign" crap

That hurt him, but he was still in the running. What closed him out was that he didn't have enough money to challenge Obama even in normally red states. Ironically, when McCain said the financial crisis was too important and the issues and possible solutions were too unclear to deal with in the context of the campaign, and Obama said a president had to be able to handle these things without losing stride, it turned out McCain was right, no one really understood what was happening or what should have been done, and Obama was simply demonstrating how dangerously naive and arrogant he was.

Please, that is revisionist history. The economy is the number one issue facing the current President but could you imagine if that is all the President was able to deal with. Obama correctly made the point the President must be a multitasker. The majority of the American electorate recognized he demonstrated the quality of leadership necessary to deal with a major crisis and the many of other issues a President must deal with that do not go away when a crisis hits.

You do not agree with the majority of the electorate.

The majority of the electorate wanted to believe the president understood what to do about the financial crisis, but clearly he didn't. The TARP bill that he supported was supposed to buy the so called toxic assets that were crippling the banks, but it quickly became apparent that that wasn't possible, so despite Obama's confident manner, he clearly had no understanding of the situation or the proposed solution he supported. Clearly, the electorate was deceived by a talented con man.

And in case you still have any doubts he is anything but a vacuous politician with a polished manner, just recall his confident prediction that his stimulus bill would prevent the economy from reaching 8% unemployment, a catastrophe, he suggested, from which we might never recover.

In the event you may still hope he has learned anything in the last six months, just listen to him say the stimulus bill is working just the way he always intended it to, that is, giving us 9.5% unemployment and with the effects of the stimulus not expected to kick in until after the recession has already ended.

Clearly, Obama is the emptiest of empty suits to ever sit in the Oval Office, the ultimate triumph of style over substance. He is a multitasker in the sense of being able to do several things wrong at the same time.

Speaking of Obama and Palin ... that House ep. is on where the Obama-like character is actually with the Palin-like character ... now that would be an odd mix!

That hurt him, but he was still in the running. What closed him out was that he didn't have enough money to challenge Obama even in normally red states. Ironically, when McCain said the financial crisis was too important and the issues and possible solutions were too unclear to deal with in the context of the campaign, and Obama said a president had to be able to handle these things without losing stride, it turned out McCain was right, no one really understood what was happening or what should have been done, and Obama was simply demonstrating how dangerously naive and arrogant he was.

Please, that is revisionist history. The economy is the number one issue facing the current President but could you imagine if that is all the President was able to deal with. Obama correctly made the point the President must be a multitasker. The majority of the American electorate recognized he demonstrated the quality of leadership necessary to deal with a major crisis and the many of other issues a President must deal with that do not go away when a crisis hits.

You do not agree with the majority of the electorate.

The majority of the electorate wanted to believe the president understood what to do about the financial crisis, but clearly he didn't. The TARP bill that he supported was supposed to buy the so called toxic assets that were crippling the banks, but it quickly became apparent that that wasn't possible, so despite Obama's confident manner, he clearly had no understanding of the situation or the proposed solution he supported. Clearly, the electorate was deceived by a talented con man.

And in case you still have any doubts he is anything but a vacuous politician with a polished manner, just recall his confident prediction that his stimulus bill would prevent the economy from reaching 8% unemployment, a catastrophe, he suggested, from which we might never recover.

In the event you may still hope he has learned anything in the last six months, just listen to him say the stimulus bill is working just the way he always intended it to, that is, giving us 9.5% unemployment and with the effects of the stimulus not expected to kick in until after the recession has already ended.

Clearly, Obama is the emptiest of empty suits to ever sit in the Oval Office, the ultimate triumph of style over substance. He is a multitasker in the sense of being able to do several things wrong at the same time.

TARP was enacted under Bush and put together by Bush's treasury secretary Paulson. Obama supported it as a senator as did the majority of the senate.

The major reason the toxic assets cannot be identified is there was no regulation of the derivative markets. The credit default swaps invented by Wall street are insurance instruments but were not classified as such to avoid regulation. The lack of regulation and devious wall street executives were the primary cause of the economic crisis.

Obama was handed this mess. It is way too early to judge his success in cleaning up a mess he inherited.

You seem driven not by the facts but an intense hatred for Obama.

No. She's silly and uninformed. She creates drama when she isn't getting enough attention.

She the subject of 15 frivolous Democrat lawsuits, not even Reagan faced that kind of horsehit. So like I said before, as long as she's breathing, she's a thorn in the Dems side.

Long live Sarah Palin! Long may she be a force in the Rushpublican Party! We Democrats love her. She helps us enormously at the polls.

As evidenced by this poll....
Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere
Republican candidates lead Democrats for the second straight week in the latest edition of the Generic Congressional Ballot.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that 41% would vote for their district’s Republican congressional candidate while 38% would choose the Democratic candidate.

Support for the GOP remains unchanged this week - at its highest level over the past year, but support for Democrats dropped one point to tie its lowest level in the same time period.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter.

Democratic support on the congressional ballot has ranged from a low of 38% to a high of 50% in the past 12 months. In that same period, Republicans have been preferred by 34% to 41% of voters nationwide.

Democrats held a six- or seven-point lead over the GOP for the first several weeks of 2009. That began to slip in early February, and since mid-April, the parties have been roughly even.

Over the past 2 weeks Sarah Palin gave her Republican opponents in the primaries all the amunition they need to bury her. That is why she is talking 3rd party. That is her only hope.
Yeah, I agree. Stick a fork in her as far as the republican party is concerned, she's done.
A 3rd party candidate can't possibly raise the necessary funds to run a winning candicacy for president. Surely Sarah is smart enough to realize that. She needs to raise babies and hunt Elk.

Yeah, I agree. Stick a fork in her as far as the republican party is concerned, she's done.
A 3rd party candidate can't possibly raise the necessary funds to run a winning candicacy for president. Surely Sarah is smart enough to realize that. She needs to raise babies and hunt Elk.

Look, I'm not one of her fans, but that was one sexist remark there, following a defeatist one. Why can't a 3rd party candidate raise the necessary funds? Because the people won't allow it. They're too damned scared to get out of their 2-party comfort zones, and the media reinforces the notion that "this is what you have to work with".

The most effective deterrent to Palin amounting to anything more than a curiosity is the publication of Palin's views on topics of significance. The Republicans claim, with some vaidity, that the press leans left. A left leaning press would be prone to publishing Palin's "foot in mouth" comments. While only laughable now if she should attempt a run in the future they would become representative of her lack of cognitive skills.
Why don't we have a Biden vs Palin debate. That should be good for a few thousand jokes.

Look, I'm not one of her fans, but that was one sexist remark there, following a defeatist one. Why can't a 3rd party candidate raise the necessary funds? Because the people won't allow it. They're too damned scared to get out of their 2-party comfort zones, and the media reinforces the notion that "this is what you have to work with".

You mean like Ross Perot??

You mean like Ross Perot??

Good example of one who very nearly upset the apple cart.

It's funny how her views are closer to the founding fathers than just about anyone out there yet the media and liberals, (same thing I guess) portray her as bad for the country... Afterall she did have something like an 82% approval rating....

Just goes to show you how far this country has fallen...

Last edited:
During the latest two-week news cycle, Sarah Palin has dominated the media's attention at the expense of Obama. While Obama flew across the globe shaking hands and making promises of future promises with various world dignitaries, Palin, from her home office in Wasilla Alaska, appears to be emerging from her governor resignation bombshell as the national conservative figure so many want her to be. Polling indicates the resignation has further improved her standing among conservatives, and nearly 50% of Independents would consider voting for her as well - a stronger showing than President Obama is currently receiving among that all-important voting group.

And Palin's most recent pledge to travel the country speaking in support of all politicians who are fighting for what is right for America - be they Democrat or Republican, will likely play even more favorably among these Independent voters.

Palin is proving a fascinating political spectacle - though it remains to be seen if it will ultimately form into a legitimate political movement that extends beyond the conservative base of the Republican Party.

What is certain for now, is that she is currently the most fascinating figure in American politics.

EXCLUSIVE: Palin to stump for conservative Democrats - Washington Times

Well if she thought the attacks were bad before...

It will be worse now.

Can you imagine Obama in a debate today having to defend himself from Sarah?

What's he gonna say, "Can you still see Alaska from your house"?

Can you imagine Palin being taken seriously in 2012? I can't.

I think it is so funny that she has become a national joke and whats even funnier is her blaming anyone but herself.

Every person has 3 perceptions. How they see themselves, how others see them and how they really are. Obama is well respected despite the dirty politics last year. Palin was really popular because she's a hot piece of ass that is conservative and can speak well in public. People at first took her seriously, but the more she spoke, the less credible she became. It got so bad McCain tried to hide her from the media, as if a VP nominee can be off limits 1 month before the election. :cuckoo:

So because he made a mistake picking her before fully vetting her, he tried to hide her from the press and sort of limit the amount of damage she could do.

Anyways, don't blame the press for Palin coming off as a fucking national joke. She did that herself. SNL made fun of her because she gave them the ammo to do so. Sorry if the "you betcha's" make her seem dumb. Too bad the abuse of power investigations continue.

Please run her in 2012. I think she makes the entire party look pathetic. Or are you hoping that she will make Romney and Jebb look better?

Sarah never said that, the Saturday Night live comedian did and you get confused over it?????? No wonder, this country is in the trouble it is. I hope you don't vote.

Last edited:
Yes, and the left leaning press attacked Reagan for being toooooo stupid and constantly attacked him as only being an actor. Do you know what happened next???????

"Can you imagine Palin being taken seriously in 2012? I can't."

Yes I can, 60,000 turned out for a stump speach in Florida during the campaign.

"I think it is so funny that she has become a national joke and whats even funnier is her blaming anyone but herself."

She is not a national joke to a great majority in this nation, she has certainly cleaned house in Alaska, she has had more EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE than Obama, he has only been a legislature or a community organisor. I don't expect someone of your intelligence to know the difference.

"Every person has 3 perceptions. How they see themselves, how others see them and how they really are. Obama is well respected despite the dirty politics last year. Palin was really popular because she's a hot piece of ass that is conservative and can speak well in public. People at first took her seriously, but the more she spoke, the less credible she became. It got so bad McCain tried to hide her from the media, as if a VP nominee can be off limits 1 month before the election. "

Obama, well respected, by whom????? I think he's a hot peice of liberal ass, a donkey's ass. Obama speaks very well too, as long as his teleprompter that he's reading does not go on the blink. His AGENDA has lost all credibility, the 780 billion dollar stimulus bill that's not working, that no one had the chance to read before they signed. Now that must be the transperency that he was talking about. The 480 billion omnibus bill that was filled with 9,000 earmarks. Remember, " No more earmarks. Now Cap and trade, a tax on every business and every American family that will not work. Remember, " I will not tax anyone making less than $250,000"????? I can hardly wait until he shoves health insurance for all down out throats. Obama is dancing in the streets over the Michael Jackson and Sarah Palin coverage as he de-nukes us while Iran and North Korea gear up.

"So because he made a mistake picking her before fully vetting her, he tried to hide her from the press and sort of limit the amount of damage she could do. "

He did???? Did you happen to see the Charlie Gibson interview???? Fat Charlie Gibson with his glasses down his nose trying to intimidate her. Did you see Katie Curick??? Another liberal ass asking her off the cuff what she read???? By the way, what do you read????

"Anyways, don't blame the press for Palin coming off as a fucking national joke. She did that herself. SNL made fun of her because she gave them the ammo to do so. Sorry if the "you betcha's" make her seem dumb. Too bad the abuse of power investigations continue. "

She is anything but a national joke. Reagan was considered a national joke by the elitist liberal media and look what happened there. The people in between the left coasts of this country vote, we may not be liberal, elitist, rich Harvard graduates and we say, " You bett cha", too, but we are faaarrrrr from being stupid. The mistake all you liberals make is you do nothing but listen to Obama read from his teleprompter and you swallow that bull hook, line and sinker. You vote for people who can pronounce their words correctly, the content of what they actually say or do does not matter to you at all. So who's stupid here???? hmmmm The abuse of power investigations, all nonsense, all trivial and all dismissed have cost her and her family over $500,000 to defend. It also cost the state of Alaska 2 million. Her resignation demonstrates, honor, integrity, and character, something I find totally lacking in your post, and something that you and your liberal friends would find difficult to understand.

"Please run her in 2012. I think she makes the entire party look pathetic. Or are you hoping that she will make Romney and Jebb look better? "

By 2012, your local dog catcher could run and win against Obama. This country will have a belly full of Obama by then and he will be a ONE term only President and will go down in history taking 1st place over Jimmy Carter as the WORST president in history. :lol:

Last edited:
"Can you imagine Palin being taken seriously in 2012? I can't."

Yes I can, 60,000 turned out for a stump speach in Florida during the campaign.

"I think it is so funny that she has become a national joke and whats even funnier is her blaming anyone but herself."

She is not a national joke to a great majority in this nation, she has certainly cleaned house in Alaska, she has had more EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE than Obama, he has only been a legislature or a community organisor. I don't expect someone of your intelligence to know the difference.

"Every person has 3 perceptions. How they see themselves, how others see them and how they really are. Obama is well respected despite the dirty politics last year. Palin was really popular because she's a hot piece of ass that is conservative and can speak well in public. People at first took her seriously, but the more she spoke, the less credible she became. It got so bad McCain tried to hide her from the media, as if a VP nominee can be off limits 1 month before the election. "

Obama, well respected, by whom????? I think he's a hot peice of liberal ass, a donkey's ass. Obama speaks very well too, as long as his teleprompter that he's reading does not go on the blink. His AGENDA has lost all credibility, the 780 billion dollar stimulus bill that's not working, that no one had the chance to read before they signed. Now that must be the transperency that he was talking about. The 480 billion omnibus bill that was filled with 9,000 earmarks. Remember, " No more earmarks. Now Cap and trade, a tax on every business and every American family that will not work. Remember, " I will not tax anyone making less than $250,000"????? I can hardly wait until he shoves health insurance for all down out throats. Obama is dancing in the streets over the Michael Jackson and Sarah Palin coverage as he de-nukes us while Iran and North Korea gear up.

"So because he made a mistake picking her before fully vetting her, he tried to hide her from the press and sort of limit the amount of damage she could do. "

He did???? Did you happen to see the Charlie Gibson interview???? Fat Charlie Gibson with his glasses down his nose trying to intimidate her. Did you see Katie Curick??? Another liberal ass asking her off the cuff what she read???? By the way, what do you read????

"Anyways, don't blame the press for Palin coming off as a fucking national joke. She did that herself. SNL made fun of her because she gave them the ammo to do so. Sorry if the "you betcha's" make her seem dumb. Too bad the abuse of power investigations continue. "

She is anything but a national joke. Reagan was considered a national joke by the elitist liberal media and look what happened there. The people in between the left coasts of this country vote, we may not be liberal, elitist, rich Harvard graduates and we say, " You bett cha", too, but we are faaarrrrr from being stupid. The mistake all you liberals make is you do nothing but listen to Obama read from his teleprompter and you swallow that bull hook, line and sinker. You vote for people who can pronounce their words correctly, the content of what they actually say or do does not matter to you at all. So who's stupid here???? hmmmm The abuse of power investigations, all nonsense, all trivial and all dismissed have cost her and her family over $500,000 to defend. It also cost the state of Alaska 2 million. Her resignation demonstrates, honor, integrity, and character, something I find totally lacking in your post, and something that you and your liberal friends would find difficult to understand.

"Please run her in 2012. I think she makes the entire party look pathetic. Or are you hoping that she will make Romney and Jebb look better? "

By 2012, your local dog catcher could run and win against Obama. This country will have a belly full of Obama by then and he will be a ONE term only President and will go down in history taking 1st place over Jimmy Carter as the WORST president in history. :lol:

to a great majority in this nation, she's a fucking idiot.

Sarah never said that, the Saturday Night live comedian did and you get confused over it?????? No wonder, this country is in the trouble it is. I hope you don't vote.

Can you believe we haven't even known Sarah for a year? McCain hadn't picked her in July, right?

Anyways, she has had the spotlight for almost a year now and most people would not vote for her. She'll get a lot of the right wing vote, but that's not enough to win an election.

She scares off just as many people as she attracts.

She's the right wing version of Hillary. Youbecha!

Democrats love it when she is in front of the cameras, it never works out well for her.

Republicans just hate it, don't you Rs know that?

Yeah that's why they edit her interviews and throw frivolous lawsuits at her 24/7.

So you can say that you libs love it but in fact, we all know you really don't like it at all.

There is only one reason why you libs attack her constantly and I think we all know what that is.

Forum List

Back