Palestinian resistance fighters survive three targeted bombings

Lipush,

If Israel would end her unholy Occupation, there would be no need of any more checkpoints on Palestinian lands.

The Occupation is all the doing of Israel and her resident Jewish worshippers.

I am glad I do not have a God like Israel, that requires I occupy and steal and kill, for it.

Sherri

I find it funny that both you and Mr Tinmore keep saying things like "stop the occupation" but never say directly and to the point, to WHICH occupation they're talking about.

The occupation of the Judea and Samaria? the "occupation" of Gaza? the "occupation" of Tel Aviv? which "occupation" is that you wish for to end?

I have never got a direct answer from people who say that. They simply keep avoiding the issue.

From everything I can find, Israel sits inside Palestine with no land or borders of its own.

What you call "Palestine" IS Israel borders. Since "Palestine" is not a state, it is PALESTINE which does not have actual borders.

I find it funny that both you and Mr Tinmore keep saying things like "stop the occupation" but never say directly and to the point, to WHICH occupation they're talking about.

The occupation of the Judea and Samaria? the "occupation" of Gaza? the "occupation" of Tel Aviv? which "occupation" is that you wish for to end?

I have never got a direct answer from people who say that. They simply keep avoiding the issue.

From everything I can find, Israel sits inside Palestine with no land or borders of its own.

What you call "Palestine" IS Israel borders. Since "Palestine" is not a state, it is PALESTINE which does not have actual borders.

The 1949 armistice agreements were after the end of the Mandate, after resolution 181, after Israel declared itself to be a state, and after the 1948 war.

Article I

With a view to promoting the return of permanent peace in Palestine solid in recognition of the importance in this regard of mutual assurances concerning the future military operations of the Parties, the following principles, which shall be fully observed by both Parties during the armistice, are hereby affirmed:

Article V

1. The Armistice Demarcation Line shall follow the international boundary between the Lebanon and Palestine.

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/arm02.asp

Israel claims the border between Lebanon and Palestine as theirs. I can find no documentation to back up that claim.

P F Tinmore, Lipush, et al,

This is all history. Israel declared independence on May 15th, 1948. It's official application to the UN was made and Israel was admitted to the United Nations a year later, on May 11, 1949; recognized as the 59th member --- formally made a matter of international public record.

References:

• A/RES/273(III) Ad Hoc Pol. Cttee 20 A/PV.207 11 May 1949 37-12-9 A/855 Admission of Israel to membership in the United Nations UN Record LINK
    ODS HOME PAGE
  • List of Member States of the United Nations with Admission Dates UN LINK
    United Nations Member States

In 1967, after the Six Day War, the following areas came under Israeli Military Control:

• Jerusalem
  • The West Bank, (formally under Jordanian control since 1950)
  • The Gaza Strip, (Egyptian control)
  • Sinai (Egyptian control)
  • The Golan Heights (Syrian control)
These areas were recognized by the UN Security Council Resolution 242 (1967), when Israel was asked to return to the pre-War borders.

On Nov 15th, 1988, the Palestinian National Council (PNC) announced its Declaration of Independence on Nov. 15, 1988.
This Palestinian Declaration of Independence was transmitted under a cover letter to the UN the three days later (18 Nov 88) by the PNC, via Jordan's Permanent Representative.

It should be noted that the PNC, within the Declaration of Independence, stated the following:

PNC Palestinian Declaration of Independence said:
Despite the historical injustice inflicted on the Palestinian Arab people resulting in their dispersion and depriving them of their right to self-determination, following upon U.N. General Assembly Resolution 181 (1947), which partitioned Palestine into two states, one Arab, one Jewish, yet it is this Resolution that still provides those conditions of international legitimacy that ensure the right of the Palestinian Arab people to sovereignty.

The 1949 armistice agreements were after the end of the Mandate, after resolution 181, after Israel declared itself to be a state, and after the 1948 war.

Article I

With a view to promoting the return of permanent peace in Palestine solid in recognition of the importance in this regard of mutual assurances concerning the future military operations of the Parties, the following principles, which shall be fully observed by both Parties during the armistice, are hereby affirmed:

Article V

1. The Armistice Demarcation Line shall follow the international boundary between the Lebanon and Palestine.

The Avalon Project : Lebanese-Israeli General Armistice Agreement, March 23, 1949

Israel claims the border between Lebanon and Palestine as theirs. I can find no documentation to back up that claim.
(COMMENT)

There is no misunderstanding as to what the "Occupied Territories" were a quater century ago and how they evolved; give or take a few feet. All the key players are on the same page.

In effect, the PNC implies that it formally recognizes the territorial divisions as stipulated by the UN --- including UN Resolution 242 and Resolution 338. This is something key to the analysis; implicite recognition of the State of Israel. But since that time, what has occurred between the parties, has confused the issue.

But, relative ti the question, everyone knows the implication of the "Occupied Territories." No question.

Most Respectfully,
R

This is all history. Israel declared independence on May 15th, 1948. It's official application to the UN was made and Israel was admitted to the United Nations a year later, on May 11, 1949; recognized as the 59th member --- formally made a matter of international public record.

References:

• A/RES/273(III) Ad Hoc Pol. Cttee 20 A/PV.207 11 May 1949 37-12-9 A/855 Admission of Israel to membership in the United Nations UN Record LINK
    ODS HOME PAGE

In 1967, after the Six Day War, the following areas came under Israeli Military Control:

• Jerusalem
These areas were recognized by the UN Security Council Resolution 242 (1967), when Israel was asked to return to the pre-War borders.

On Nov 15th, 1988, the Palestinian National Council (PNC) announced its Declaration of Independence on Nov. 15, 1988.
This Palestinian Declaration of Independence was transmitted under a cover letter to the UN the three days later (18 Nov 88) by the PNC, via Jordan's Permanent Representative.

It should be noted that the PNC, within the Declaration of Independence, stated the following:

Despite the historical injustice inflicted on the Palestinian Arab people resulting in their dispersion and depriving them of their right to self-determination, following upon U.N. General Assembly Resolution 181 (1947), which partitioned Palestine into two states, one Arab, one Jewish, yet it is this Resolution that still provides those conditions of international legitimacy that ensure the right of the Palestinian Arab people to sovereignty.

Article I

Article V

The Avalon Project : Lebanese-Israeli General Armistice Agreement, March 23, 1949

(COMMENT)

There is no misunderstanding as to what the "Occupied Territories" were a quater century ago and how they evolved; give or take a few feet. All the key players are on the same page.

In effect, the PNC implies that it formally recognizes the territorial divisions as stipulated by the UN --- including UN Resolution 242 and Resolution 338. This is something key to the analysis; implicite recognition of the State of Israel. But since that time, what has occurred between the parties, has confused the issue.

But, relative ti the question, everyone knows the implication of the "Occupied Territories." No question.

Most Respectfully,
R

Shalom RoccoR

Thanks, but my main point to Mr. Tinmore was that Israel is recognized by the UN, therefor it's incorrect that it's Palestine. I don't know why Mr. Tinmore gets confused every time. Palestine is not a state recognized by the UN, not yet. Once it does we can discuss borders. Palestine, for now, is just a territory.

Article I

Article V

You couldn't find your hind end with both hands, Twinkie.

Article I

Article V

Probably because Palestine has no border with lebanon. And Israel never claimed it does have.

References:

ODS HOME PAGE

• Jerusalem

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Shalom RoccoR

Thanks, but my main point to Mr. Tinmore was that Israel is recognized by the UN, therefor it's incorrect that it's Palestine. I don't know why Mr. Tinmore gets confused every time. Palestine is not a state recognized by the UN, not yet. Once it does we can discuss borders. Palestine, for now, is just a territory.

Ever since Israel declared itself to be a state there has been a lot of politicking and a lot of smoke blown around the issues to confuse people.

One thing that does not make any sense is the recognition of Israel by the UN. A legitimate state must have territory inside defined borders. The UN Recognizes Israel on the 1949 armistice lines. A year earlier, The UN specifically stated that those lines were not to be considered in any way to be political or territorial borders. Israel itself does not even recognize those borders.

How does something like that happen? Why don't they use Israel's real borders?

References:

ODS HOME PAGE

• Jerusalem

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Shalom RoccoR

Ever since Israel declared itself to be a state there has been a lot of politicking and a lot of smoke blown around the issues to confuse people.

One thing that does not make any sense is the recognition of Israel by the UN. A legitimate state must have territory inside defined borders. The UN Recognizes Israel on the 1949 armistice lines. A year earlier, The UN specifically stated that those lines were not to be considered in any way to be political or territorial borders. Israel itself does not even recognize those borders.

Tinmore, why don't you complain to the U N and not take up space here. You're going to have another nervous breakdown worrying about something that won't change.

PFTinmore,

I further read, from the article in your post, "Israeli occupation forces shelled various Gaza Strip areas at dawn Monday from the air, land, and sea but no casualties were reported."

Palestinian resistance fighters survive three targeted bombings

I am happy noone was killed in these recent raids by the Israeli Occupier of Gaza.

Sherri
Israel is not occupying Gaza you ignorant illiterate moron. Have your Islamic friend take you back to the mosque for some re education er lies. Ha ha ha ha! What a lunatic.

Roudy,

You are showing your Ignorance again and resorting to name calling, like you always do, which is really all an ignorant person can do, I guess. So, I guess I should just feel sorry for you and of course, I forgive you. And I will say a prayer for you, right this moment.

The UN says Gaza is Occupied.

UN: Statement On Gaza, Occupied Palestinian Territory
Friday, 15 June 2012, 3:34 pm
Press Release: United Nations

Statement On Gaza, Occupied Palestinian Territory: Under-Secretary-General For Humanitarian Affairs And Emergency Relief Coordinator, Valerie Amos

(New York, 13 June 2012) The blockade of Gaza, now entering its sixth year, has had a devastating impact on the lives and livelihoods of the 1.6 million Palestinians who reside there. More than 80 per cent of families are dependent on humanitarian aid, and Gaza remains subject to severe restrictions on imports, exports and the movement of people, by land, air and sea.

This amounts to a collective punishment of all those living in Gaza and is a denial of basic human rights in contravention of international law...

UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs

UN: Statement On Gaza, Occupied Palestinian Territory | Scoop News

Sherri

Only silly propagandists and desperate UN bureaucrats are still trying to sell that camel crap despite the fact that Hamas admits it just ain't so. I believe you are of the silly propagadist variety.

Hamas Says Gaza Not “Occupied” - U.N. Insists It Is [excerpted for brevity]
World Body Out of Step with Palestinians

GENEVA, Jan. 3 – The UN’s continued labeling of the Gaza Strip as “occupied” was directly contradicted today by a top leader of Hamas, the vehemently anti-Israel Palestinian terror group that controls the territory...

Hamas leader Mahmoud Zahhar confirmed there was no Israeli occupation of the territory in comments reported today by the Bethlehem-based Ma’an News Agency.

Zahhar was casting doubt on whether Hamas would organize anti-Israel marches in Gaza in conjunction with similar protests that the Fatah-controlled Palestinian Authority would organize in the West Bank.

"Against whom could we demonstrate in the Gaza Strip? When Gaza was occupied, that model was applicable,” Zahhar said, according to Ma'an...

In a recent article in the American University International Law Review, legal scholar Elizabeth Samson explains that under the Geneva Conventions and international judicial precedents, Gaza can no longer be considered occupied as Israel no longer exercises “effective control.”

UN, Israel & Anti-Semitism - UN Watch

Only silly propagandists and desperate UN bureaucrats are still trying to sell that camel crap despite the fact that Hamas admits it just ain't so. I believe you are of the silly propagadist variety.

GENEVA, Jan. 3 – The UN’s continued labeling of the Gaza Strip as “occupied” was directly contradicted today by a top leader of Hamas, the vehemently anti-Israel Palestinian terror group that controls the territory...

Hamas leader Mahmoud Zahhar confirmed there was no Israeli occupation of the territory in comments reported today by the Bethlehem-based Ma’an News Agency.

Zahhar was casting doubt on whether Hamas would organize anti-Israel marches in Gaza in conjunction with similar protests that the Fatah-controlled Palestinian Authority would organize in the West Bank.

"Against whom could we demonstrate in the Gaza Strip? When Gaza was occupied, that model was applicable,” Zahhar said, according to Ma'an...

In a recent article in the American University International Law Review, legal scholar Elizabeth Samson explains that under the Geneva Conventions and international judicial precedents, Gaza can no longer be considered occupied as Israel no longer exercises “effective control.”

Bullshit! If Israel didn't have control, they wouldn't be attacking humanitarian aid vessels in international waters.

Israel is not occupying Gaza you ignorant illiterate moron. Have your Islamic friend take you back to the mosque for some re education er lies. Ha ha ha ha! What a lunatic.

Roudy,

You are showing your Ignorance again and resorting to name calling, like you always do, which is really all an ignorant person can do, I guess. So, I guess I should just feel sorry for you and of course, I forgive you. And I will say a prayer for you, right this moment.

Statement On Gaza, Occupied Palestinian Territory: Under-Secretary-General For Humanitarian Affairs And Emergency Relief Coordinator, Valerie Amos

(New York, 13 June 2012) The blockade of Gaza, now entering its sixth year, has had a devastating impact on the lives and livelihoods of the 1.6 million Palestinians who reside there. More than 80 per cent of families are dependent on humanitarian aid, and Gaza remains subject to severe restrictions on imports, exports and the movement of people, by land, air and sea.

This amounts to a collective punishment of all those living in Gaza and is a denial of basic human rights in contravention of international law...

Sherri

name caller,

Who cares what Hamas says?

International legal authorities all agree Gaza is Occupied.

Sherri

Roudy,

Sherri

name caller,

Sherri

Usual stupid propaganda.

Thanks but it is kind of useless, really.

Mr. Tinmore have said himself that there is no such thing as an Israeli civilian, Sherri pretty much did say the same, meaning that rocket throwing in their agenda is fine and accepted.

Please don't bother yourself with mentioning that. I don't, anymore. It's kind of useless, they will never be able to understand that.

But apperenly WE are the "mushrooms".

It is not that I say this. It is the Geneva convention.

I posted the quote and the link.

Don't blame me.

Lipush,

I did not say there was no such thing as Israeli civilians. Civilians are not proper targets, by anyone on either side. Deliberate attacks on civilians are war crimes, whoever carries them out, as are indiscriminate attacks and disproportionate attacks on a civilian population. I referred to an Amnesty Report that addresses the issue more fully, and even quoted some of what they said there in a prior post.

Sherri

If it is not ok, so I take it that you think that the residents of the south are not legitimate targets? and Israeli children are not legitimate targets?

or did you mean something else?

Problem is, you guys say many things in the most obvious way possible without saying them clearly, but then act surprised when we "jump" into conclusions.

References:

ODS HOME PAGE

• Jerusalem

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Shalom RoccoR

If you ask any Jew or Israeli, 99% will tell you the same. It is not our fault that the Muslims and Arabs don't accept it.

Roudy,

Sherri

name caller,

Sherri

How many Jews are living in Gaza? How many Soldiers have defined posts INSIDE Gaza?

If you ask any Jew or Israeli, 99% will tell you the same. It is not our fault that the Muslims and Arabs don't accept it.
It is your fault you've maintained an illegal occupation of land that isn't yours for the last 45 years.

that is an Arab lie. Jews have always been in the land; Arabs have not. The Arabs came over and now whine we occupy them.

Jews are the natives in the land of Israel. Arabs are native in the land of their 22 other countries.

that is an Arab lie. Jews have always been in the land; Arabs have not. The Arabs came over and now whine we occupy them.

Jews are the natives in the land of Israel. Arabs are native in the land of their 22 other countries.
Fuck you with that bullshit! I just showed you the percentage of land ownership in that area and you've forgotten already? Do you have ADD?

If the jews were natives, how do you explain the number of natives migrating into that area?

Forum List

Back