Palestinian Elections

MJB12741, et al,

Yeh, I had to chuckle at this.

We all know Bolton's position on US military hegemony in the middle east.

Yep! We got what we deserved for funding the Palestinian Authority in hopes of achieving peace.
(COMMENT)

OK War Story Time:

There was a time when one of our more civic minded people had this idea. She decided that it would be a good idea to help the "homeless" by giving them something to do.

She was going to let the homeless wash the Field Office Gov's and those who wanted there POV's washed.

It looked good on paper, but what a disaster. When we got the 9 cars back, they looked 10 x Worse then when they started. 2 of the 9 Tough Books were damaged and one trunk mounted antenna was broken, and one Motorola was inoperable. While you could see out the window on most of them, there were a couple that we had to squeegee-off just to get it across the street to the SOHIO Carwash.

One of the cars we had to pay extra because one of those guys puked in the backseat.

Today I can laugh about it, but at the time, I was beside myself.

Well, if you ever have the chance to meet John Bolton, just walk away. If there was anyone who didn't deserve the title Foreign Service Officer, it was (IMO) him. And you really wouldn't like him as a boss. Remember, he is one of those PNAC members that dragged us into the Iraq War.

As far as the US Security Coordinator for Israel and the Palestinian Authority (USSC), the Palestinian Authority Security Forces (PASF), the Palestinian Presidential Guard (PPG) Force, and the Palestinian Civil Police (PCP) are examples of what you don't want to do. It was just a couple months ago, one of the PPGs were arrest for terrorist related activities. Sometimes things just look good on paper; but, the reality is quite different.

Most Respectfully,
R

Forum List

Back