Pakistan's Khan May Have Created More Danger Than Thought

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    From LGF, http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=14606_The_Armageddon_Conspiracy&only=yes

2. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    There is no way that Khan was spreading nuke technology all over the planet without the knowledge of the Pakistani Government. Where was the CIA during the Khan matastasis? Some DC doughnut shop? There is a lot of missing information regarding the Khan story.

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Asleep at the wheel, just like when they were caught unawares by India and Pakistan's nuclear tests.

Khan is a criminal trafficker of the highest order, and the damage he has done is severe, perhaps more than we can even bring ourselves to imagine at this point.

How we deal with the aftermath of his crimes will be the challenge of this administration. War with Iran is not an inevitability, though with N. Korea, it seems we do not have this option. We may be, in the end, stuck with multiple states with nukes because of Khan. How we deal with these states and coax and cojole back into the fold is a response we must think up rather quickly.

4. wolvie20m

wolvie20m Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Well as pointed out with N. Korea you can say one thing and do another. I know for a fact Iran is up to the same thing. The US joining in on talks isn't going to help anything look at what happened in N. Korea. We gave them support and helped and they just said thanks and mooned us.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    It may well be that some European states want Iran to have nukes, to help balance US hegemony. Too few in the US understand what has always been behind the notion of nation states. Pretty frightening that the US has always had a problem teaching and learning this stuff. I think it's sort of a denial of reality myself. :cof:

6. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Interesting conjecture. Care to guess at names? I don't know...is even France that crazy?

7. wolvie20m

wolvie20m Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Gettin' a little buzz of that coffe? :teeth: ....Well this is gonna be one hell of a show if the decide their being threatend..glad I'll be on a military base they would never hurt us, they like the inocents.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    France of course leads the pack, has since Machiavelli and Rousseau. They actually think about these things, in a way the US never has. They are philosophers, we are pragmatists. They also are very twisted, yea I know a technical term.

The Russians too may have a stake. I really think this is a dark road they may go down. The Germans are a bit more like us, in the sense they are ultimately practical, with a few diversions of 'past glory', but haven't seen that in a few decades.

9. wolvie20m

wolvie20m Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Jezzz...Russia thats a joke I'm waiting for Putin to announce it's now a dictatorship (basiclly is already). I think they would like to see someone challenge us since they lack the finacial base. I can see us on a road to a stand off with Russia, China (don't forget they get thier oil from Iran), and Iran. It's all going to be a big shit storm when it hits the fan.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Yea, China is a near future quandry. Which way will they go? Really no history there to tell. First they isolated themselves, now they are racing. But to where?

I don't think China would be involved in a conspiracy, against their culture. No other people or place would be equal to China/Chinese.

Russia is a different kettle of fish altogether. I had hope when the wall came down, but it is evaporating. We may have made a mistake in not investing, but perhaps that was a lesson learned by businesses a long time ago.