Pakistan?

I am pleased with the UAV attacks, though.

Oh isn't that special ....the ones that kill more civilian women and children than actual fighters?

Winning hearts and minds, right?
That's not the reason for my pleasure, but I bet you already knew that. ;)

In all honesty, based on your comment I thought you were pleased that we're using UAV's to conduct attacks.

Since we know that more women and children are killed by UAV's than actual fighters, what am I to assume? You're pleased that we're using them but not pleased with who gets killed?

Based on your response, I'm either misreading you, or you have a value system that discounts human life (aka collateral damage) when your politics get in the way. Since that is radical evil, I simply cannot relate and I will never understand.

Honestly, I would like to see us take action within Pakistan, or just get out of the Afghani/Pakistani situation entirely.

We will never win in Afghanistan if we cannot strike targets within Pakistan, and I don't mean with UAV's, I mean full-on combat.

People keep talking about the repercussions of actually striking targets in northern Pakistan. In my mind, those repercussions could not be worse than to stay involved in an everlasting war in Afghanistan, while Pakistani intelligence supplies and trains guerrilla forces to keep on attacking our troops.

Besides, what is Pakistan going to do exactly? They have India on their border, itching to attack them. If we send troops into northern Pakistan, and they try to take us on, they'll be pincered between our forces and India. If Pakistan even thought about using nukes, we'd wipe their country off the face of the planet.

Pakistan is the prime example of all the original justifications for the War on Terror:

They are training terrorist/taliban forces.

They are harboring Al Qaeda.

And they have WMDs and have provided our enemies with nuclear secrets.

Everything that Iraq was supposed to be, Pakistan IS.

And if we can get the WoT focused back on actually taking out Al Qaeda again, I think I may see if I can re-up. No joke.

I'm 39, I think I might still be eligible.

And if we can get the WoT focused back on actually taking out Al Qaeda again, I think I may see if I can re-up. No joke.

Talk to your local recruiter. You are eligible, I believe.

If you are being serious, I tip my hat to you.

Talk to your local recruiter. You are eligible, I believe.

If you are being serious, I tip my hat to you.

I just want to see if we are going to actually do something logical about Al Qaeda first.

I don't want to risk my life for another Iraq.

I am going to call my recruiter to find out about what my options are though.

Forum List

Back