McChrystal prepared to resign

namvet

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
across the pond
Within 24 hours of the leak of the Afghanistan assessment to The Washington Post, General Stanley McChrystal's team fired its second shot across the bow of the Obama administration. According to McClatchy, military officers close to General McChrystal said he is prepared to resign if he isn't given sufficient resources (read "troops") to implement a change of direction in Afghanistan

[URL="http://www.longwarjournal.org/threat-matrix/archives/2009/09/mcchrystal_to_resign_if_not_gi.php#ixzz0RolNG9HT"]source[/URL]

This may be precisely what Obama wants and has set up ... With a McChrystal resignation (justifiable), Obama will bring into question the loyalty and dependability of his senior military leaders, and that of the Force as a whole. It will provide cover for him to build his Brown Shirts ... his dependable and loyal forces ... more rapidly.

He does not, and has not ever, given two shits about A'stan. That was Bush's war. His pro-Muslim / anti-American world view would never let him pursue a true victory in A'stan, and he's said as much

Sort of brings back history (Germany and Hitler) when you have a President talking about building a civilian armed force that is equal in stature of the military. If we as a nation allow this we deserve anything and everything that Obama does to us. Is it just me or can't anybody else see that Obama is slowly but with determination destroying America?

Shit. Very bad news.

Okie doke, then. I said this was a pass/fail in my book.

I can't believe this. There went the last vestige of my 'hope'.

if he does leave morale will tank. frankly i hope more and more line officers resign. in all branch's. in droves. option zero for Osama

I guess he decided not to listen his generals after all. No surprise here.
That was still my hope. Gone. Done. He is no friend of the military. I was still hoping he was.

I wonder what the rest of the NATO command will have to say...if anything.

No, he's never been. He won't even spend any time morale-boosting with injured soldiers unless there's a camera.

Alli, there you go shooting yourself in the foot again with thoughtless comments. Evidence please for your conclusion.

Alli, there you go shooting yourself in the foot again with thoughtless comments. Evidence please for your conclusion.

You're new around here ain't ya? Empty rhetoric is a Allie special....as it is with Willow...and Namvet...and Wicked Jester....and Concept...and Mal....and Liability...

In fact I reckon if you invented some type of anti-frothing pill, you'd make a mint - on this board alone...

You're new around here ain't ya? Empty rhetoric is a Allie special....as it is with Willow...and Namvet...and Wicked Jester....and Concept...and Mal....and Liability...

In fact I reckon if you invented some type of anti-frothing pill, you'd make a mint - on this board alone...
Yo, doc...there are frothers on your side of the fence, too. I hope you can see them.

That was still my hope. Gone. Done. He is no friend of the military. I was still hoping he was.

You're kidding, right? Obama was never pro military, no matter what. He never served. He probably never met a career military person until well into his career. He isn't going to listen to some generals over the left wing of his own party, the ones responsibile for putting him there in the first place.
NATO will breathe a sigh of relief, happy to be rid of this American adventure, as they see it. They can go back to Europe and practice their oompah band stuff.
McChrystal is right to resign. He doesn't ahve the confidence of his CinC, he might as well not be there. Obama has voted "present" on this issue, hoping something will come up to make it an easy decision.
This after he gave a stirring speech just last March and said:
The road ahead will be long. There will be difficult days. But we will seek lasting partnerships with Afghanistan and Pakistan that serve the promise of a new day for their people. And we will use all elements of our national power to defeat al Qaeda, and to defend America, our allies, and all who seek a better future. Because the United States of America stands for peace and security, justice and opportunity. That is who we are, and that is what history calls on us to do once more.

And here he is just 1 month ago, 17 Aug, on Afghanistan:
As I said when I announced this strategy, there will be more difficult days ahead. The insurgency in Afghanistan didn't just happen overnight and we won't defeat it overnight. This will not be quick, nor easy. But we must never forget: This is not a war of choice. This is a war of necessity. Those who attacked America on 9/11 are plotting to do so again. If left unchecked, the Taliban insurgency will mean an even larger safe haven from which al Qaeda would plot to kill more Americans. So this is not only a war worth fighting. This is a -- this is fundamental to the defense of our people.

And going forward, we will constantly adapt to new tactics to stay ahead of the enemy and give our troops the tools and equipment they need to succeed. And at every step of the way, we will assess our efforts to defeat al Qaeda and its extremist allies, and to help the Afghan and Pakistani people build the future that they seek.
You watch, he will cut and run yet.

You're kidding, right? Obama was never pro military, no matter what. He never served. He probably never met a career military person until well into his career. He isn't going to listen to some generals over the left wing of his own party, the ones responsibile for putting him there in the first place.
NATO will breathe a sigh of relief, happy to be rid of this American adventure, as they see it. They can go back to Europe and practice their oompah band stuff.
McChrystal is right to resign. He doesn't ahve the confidence of his CinC, he might as well not be there. Obama has voted "present" on this issue, hoping something will come up to make it an easy decision.
This after he gave a stirring speech just last March and said:
The road ahead will be long. There will be difficult days. But we will seek lasting partnerships with Afghanistan and Pakistan that serve the promise of a new day for their people. And we will use all elements of our national power to defeat al Qaeda, and to defend America, our allies, and all who seek a better future. Because the United States of America stands for peace and security, justice and opportunity. That is who we are, and that is what history calls on us to do once more.
Sadly, I am not kidding. I really was hoping and giving him the benefit of the doubt in that area until something tangible came along to prove me wrong. I have often said that I am hopelessly optimistic, pathetically often times.

Are you fucking nuts namvet? This is no attempt by Obama to install his "Brown Shirt" Generals in charge.

McChrystal is simply saying, get me the troops I need or I won't even bother. He's not going to waste his time doing a mission he feels cannot be accomplished without those troops. Simply put, being in Afghanistan is not a war we can win. Even the Soviet Union couldn't do it, and they weren't being like we are.

What we need is more troop support from other countries who say they're against terrorism but are doing NOTHING to back that up in action.

Sadly, I am not kidding. I really was hoping and giving him the benefit of the doubt in that area until something tangible came along to prove me wrong. I have often said that I am hopelessly optimistic, pathetically often times.

Ok. Maybe you were swept up in the euphoria. But at least you can look at circumstances now with clear eyes and see what's going on.
But some of us were saying this kind of thing a long time ago.
And I still say Obama's sharpest criticism in the future will come from the left wing of his own party. The tell tale sign will be when he is referred to as "the first mixed-race president in history."

Are you fucking nuts namvet? This is no attempt by Obama to install his "Brown Shirt" Generals in charge.

McChrystal is simply saying, get me the troops I need or I won't even bother. He's not going to waste his time doing a mission he feels cannot be accomplished without those troops. Simply put, being in Afghanistan is not a war we can win. Even the Soviet Union couldn't do it, and they weren't being like we are.

What we need is more troop support from other countries who say they're against terrorism but are doing NOTHING to back that up in action.

What we need is more troop support from other countries who say they're against terrorism but are doing NOTHING to back that up in action

dream on. it case you haven't heard we are the worlds police force. why the fuck should they risk their ass when we're willing to spill our blood. fuck i'd stay home to !!!!!

whats wrong coward can't say it to my face ???? moron

Forum List

Back