Pakistan marriage 4 and 7 years old!

Andrew2382

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2008
PAKISTAN POLICE RAID CHILD WEDDING - New York Post

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - Police raided a wedding between a 7-year-old boy and a 5-year-old girl in Pakistan's largest city, arresting the Muslim cleric officiating at the ceremony and the children's parents, a senior officer said Friday.

The cleric had not yet begun the ceremony in Karachi, which was attended by 100 guests, said deputy superintendent of police Malik Mazhar.

Pakistan law forbids marriage below the age of 18, but some Muslim scholars say it is permissible if the bride and groom have reached puberty.

TV footage showed both children in traditional wedding clothes in the laps of policemen after the raid, the girl with tears running down her cheeks.

The parents said the wedding had been arranged to end an eight-year feud between the two families, according to a report on Express News TV.

Mazhar said he had heard about similar cases in rural areas but "it is shocking to have this right in the center of the city."

The parents would be brought before a court on Saturday, he said.

A Pakistan Human Rights Commission official, Hina Gillani, said the maximum possible punishment for the parents was one month in jail and a fine of just over $10.

WHAT THE FUCK?

good thing Barak recognizes the danger these wingnuts pose.

sad how the old geezer was afraid to say he'd go after OBL in pakistan.

McCain didn't say he wouldn't go in there you dimwit

He said he jkust wouldn't make a public announcement about doing it like your boy B.Hussein Obama

besides in point of fact that area is so completely volatile the last thing we need is a senile hot head who can't even keep the groups involved straight...

Can't anyone just say this is wrong and sick no matter what part of the world you live in?

Geez fricking louise, if I had said I made cupcakes someone would somehow turn it political.

Can't anyone just say this is wrong and sick no matter what part of the world you live in?

Geez fricking louise, if I had said I made cupcakes someone would somehow turn it political.
might depend on what kind of cupcakes you made, blueberry and strawberry might cause a stir :lol:

Good grief, where's the disgust, the outrage, the hatred of the religion that could allow such a horrific thing to occur?

Anyone remember the general hysteria and outcry over the fact that 18 year olds were getting married in the FLDS church and...gasp...having their babies instead of aborting them?

Remember how Ravi was running around calling Christians child molesters?

Good grief, where's the disgust, the outrage, the hatred of the religion that could allow such a horrific thing to occur?
Anyone remember the general hysteria and outcry over the fact that 18 year olds were getting married in the FLDS church and...gasp...having their babies instead of aborting them?
:clap2:

Not to mention the contempt with which they hold Sarah Palin for "allowing" her 17 y.o. daughter to carry a child to term.

And exactly how does being outraged help ? You realize that some tragedy like this happens every second of every day throughout the world. We have enough people being "outraged". How we get someone to actually do something ?
I could puke from all the yellow journalism going on these days.

Just don't forget...it's not our job to police the world.

Just go ahead and turn a blind eye. That's what the libs want us to do.

Who on here are saying they are NOT disgusted Allie?

might depend on what kind of cupcakes you made, blueberry and strawberry might cause a stir :lol:

I am going to make Halloween cupcakes tonight. They are vanilla with chocolate icing, and orange and black sprinkles on top.

It's a controversial move, but I'm ready..........

Anyone Else Find Their Punishment Abit Odd?

A Month In Prison And A 10 Dollar Fine?>

Where's the bigoted name-calling that accompanied the (unfounded) FLDS sting operation?

Forum List

Back