Pacific Ocean responsible for global warming slowdown

hmmm, so an interesting thought I just had after reading the title to this thread. You know how you and yours pooh pooh North America as being ~4% or whatever of the surface of the earth so global warming concerns are negligible here vs the temperatures around the world, yet, the convection system that starts with the Pacific Ocean has to go over and through the NA continent when the wind blows. So you post how this one ocean causes global warming slowdown, thanks btw for finally admitting the slow down, I digress, and the first land mass it hits because of convection winds and rotation is NA. It would seem that NA is more significant than that there ~4% figure. thanks!!!!!

WTF are you blathering on about?

hmmm, so an interesting thought I just had after reading the title to this thread. You know how you and yours pooh pooh North America as being ~4% or whatever of the surface of the earth so global warming concerns are negligible here vs the temperatures around the world, yet, the convection system that starts with the Pacific Ocean has to go over and through the NA continent when the wind blows. So you post how this one ocean causes global warming slowdown, thanks btw for finally admitting the slow down, I digress, and the first land mass it hits because of convection winds and rotation is NA. It would seem that NA is more significant than that there ~4% figure. thanks!!!!!

I blathered on your blather!

But since I made no comment whatsoever wrt to the things about which you posted, How have I blathered? On the other hand, in your post above, you blathered:

"the convection system that starts with the Pacific Ocean has to go over and through the NA continent when the wind blows". Pacific ocean convection does not and never has "go(ne) over to and through the NA continent. The Pacific currents are flows of water while the NA continent is a CONTINENT composed of crustal ROCK. Duh. Secondly, yes NA is about 4% of the Earth's surface, while the Pacific ocean surface represents about 32% of the Earth's surface. Get it?

But since I made no comment whatsoever wrt to the things about which you posted, How have I blathered? On the other hand, in your post above, you blathered:

"the convection system that starts with the Pacific Ocean has to go over and through the NA continent when the wind blows". Pacific ocean convection does not and never has "go(ne) over to and through the NA continent. The Pacific currents are flows of water while the NA continent is a CONTINENT composed of crustal ROCK. Duh. Secondly, yes NA is about 4% of the Earth's surface, while the Pacific ocean surface represents about 32% of the Earth's surface. Get it?
Are you telling me that a Polar Vortex isn't due to the warm water in the Pacific? Hmmm, I'd think you'd know that, like it is responsible for an EL Nino. Right? Hmmm how does it do that and which way does it force the winds to blow?

Are you telling me that a Polar Vortex isn't due to the warm water in the Pacific? Hmmm, I'd think you'd know that, like it is responsible for an EL Nino. Right? Hmmm how does it do that and which way does it force the winds to blow?

You said "the convection system that starts with the Pacific Ocean", and so I naturally assumed you were referring to ocean currents. If you wanted to discuss the Polar Vortex, perhaps you should have been more specific. But more to the point, you seemed to be arguing that North America, which, by your own admission plays a larger role in global warming than some here will admit while simultaneously downplaying the role of the Pacific. And then you seem to reverse your argument. What's up with that? Perhaps you should rephrase your argument so that it actually makes sense.

But I will admit that North America does play a large role in AGW, since that is where a huge percentage of the manmade ghgs originate. :)

You said "the convection system that starts with the Pacific Ocean", and so I naturally assumed you were referring to ocean currents. If you wanted to discuss the Polar Vortex, perhaps you should have been more specific. But more to the point, you seemed to be arguing that North America, which, by your own admission plays a larger role in global warming than some here will admit while simultaneously downplaying the role of the Pacific. And then you seem to reverse your argument. What's up with that? Perhaps you should rephrase your argument so that it actually makes sense.

But I will admit that North America does play a large role in AGW, since that is where a huge percentage of the manmade ghgs originate. :)
I completely agree that the Pacific ocean is the driver for the NA climate.

Wow, you truly are devoid of the ability to think for yourself aren't you. How about you give us your take on what it says. To me it is merely further evidence that man has NOTHING to do with global warming and that everything is natural processes. But I can think for myself. Clearly you can't.

And yet, the article provides sources and data, while your claim is based on - - - something made entirely inside your own head by your own admission. Congratulations.

It isn't the only driver. In the Eastern U.S., at least, there are many drivers, not the least of which are the Gulf of Mexico, Canadian/Arctic fronts, and the Atlantic Ocean. And lets not forget lake effects (I.e., referring to how the Great lakes affects the Midwest climate).

It isn't the only driver. In the Eastern U.S., at least, there are many drivers, not the least of which are the Gulf of Mexico, Canadian/Arctic fronts, and the Atlantic Ocean. And lets not forget lake effects (I.e., referring to how the Great lakes affects the Midwest climate).
weather patterns in the NA continent mostly come from the Pacific ocean and can meet up with the Gulf air, but the collision isn't always nice, again, main force of the weather in the US comes from the Pacific. And yeah the Atlantic on the east cost might affect a few states on the coast, but again, the collision from the weather from the Pacific drives severity of patterns.

Oh and the Great Lake weather is due to the cold air from the Vortex meeting with the warmer water of the Great Lakes and picking up moisture and then immediately dumping it on the land as it moves. But you need to understand what drives all of the patterns in NA. Mostly the Pacific.

Last edited:

Attachments

• thank-you-for-your-kind-attention.png
    thank-you-for-your-kind-attention.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 64
So now the newest excuse for "the pause" is the pacific ocean.....sounds good....well, at least until the next excuse.:thup:

I hear the Atlantic Ocean is to blame, it refuses to buy a hybrid! The Indian Ocean is even worse! It's a flat out DENIER!!

weather patterns in the NA continent mostly come from the Pacific ocean and can meet up with the Gulf air, but the collision isn't always nice, again, main force of the weather in the US comes from the Pacific. And yeah the Atlantic on the east cost might affect a few states on the coast, but again, the collision from the weather from the Pacific drives severity of patterns.

Erm, actually almost all of the moisture from the Pacific Ocean doesn't make it over the mountains of the west. Most of it falls out before it ever reaches the plains or points east. East of the rockies, the primary movers of climate are cold dry air out of Canada, and moisture from the Gulf of Mexico, the Great Lakes, and the Atlantic Ocean.

Oh and the Great Lake weather is due to the cold air from the Vortex meeting with the warmer water of the Great Lakes and picking up moisture and then immediately dumping it on the land as it moves. But you need to understand what drives all of the patterns in NA. Mostly the Pacific.
Ask the folks in Buffalo NY or Northern Indiana.

Erm, actually almost all of the moisture from the Pacific Ocean doesn't make it over the mountains of the west. Most of it falls out before it ever reaches the plains or points east. East of the rockies, the primary movers of climate are cold dry air out of Canada, and moisture from the Gulf of Mexico, the Great Lakes, and the Atlantic Ocean.
yeah go with that. That's why Oklahoma is the tornado alley right?

Tordados in Oklahoma form when cold dry air out of the Canadian Rockies collide with warm moist air from the Gulf of Mexico.

Tordados in Oklahoma form when cold dry air out of the Canadian Rockies collide with warm moist air from the Gulf of Mexico.
and where do you supposed that Canadian Rockie air comes from?

And BTW, that is a perfectly normal result.

and where do you supposed that Canadian Rockie air comes from?

And BTW, that is a perfectly normal result.

The Canadian Rockies, of course. You don't actually think cold dry air originates over the Pacific Ocean, do you?

Forum List

Back