Pacific Ocean responsible for global warming slowdown

Could be true...but no doubt man's pollution far exceeds the power of the enormous Pacific Ocean...in the minds of some...:uhoh3:

How about we set aside global warming and the arguments about it, and talk about what we're doing to the ocean? The dying reefs, the depletion of fish in fishing grounds, the garbage patches, the mercury levels, the nuclear radiation, toxic dumping, etc.

Any interest in THAT?
Sure. Let's talk agriculture for starters. And the ethanol program, RFS. And the billions is direct real subsidies that are given the ass-fucking farmer in order that he continue polluting our ponds, streams, rivers, lakes, gulfs, and oceans.

How about we set aside global warming and the arguments about it, and talk about what we're doing to the ocean? The dying reefs, the depletion of fish in fishing grounds, the garbage patches, the mercury levels, the nuclear radiation, toxic dumping, etc.

Any interest in THAT?
Sure. Let's talk agriculture for starters. And the ethanol program, RFS. And the billions is direct real subsidies that are given the ass-fucking farmer in order that he continue polluting our ponds, streams, rivers, lakes, gulfs, and oceans.
Ethanol is embarrassing. This country has waaaay too much fucking corn.

I find it interesting that this is precisely what we thought (courtesy of Balmaseda, Trenberth and Kallen) might be causing the hiatus several years back now. I don't get, Oro, why we have reports talking about a hot blob on the US coast and this talking about cold water upwelling in the same location.

The comment here, " pushing most large storms northward toward Canada" fits the Rossby Wave in the Polar Vortex perfectly. Is the warm blob north of this cold upwelling?

Any interest in THAT?

Those are actual problems, its the severity that I question when it comes to environmentalists screaming their heads off.

Fish stock depletion is a perfect example of where good work can be done if both sides understand each other, i.e. the enviros don't try to shut down fisheries entirely, and the fishermen realize that if they keep up their current pace they are fishing themselves out of a job.

I find it interesting that this is precisely what we thought (courtesy of Balmaseda, Trenberth and Kallen) might be causing the hiatus several years back now. I don't get, Oro, why we have reports talking about a hot blob on the US coast and this talking about cold water upwelling in the same location.

The comment here, " pushing most large storms northward toward Canada" fits the Rossby Wave in the Polar Vortex perfectly. Is the warm blob north of this cold upwelling?

I don't know either, which is why I posted this - to get some reactions and see what others think.

Crick, according to the article:

"During a cold or negative PDO/IPO phase, the tropical Pacific remains in relative cold condition while the central North Pacific is warm,"

Perhaps this is the answer you were looking for.

Unusually warm temperatures dominate three areas of the North Pacific: the Bering Sea, Gulf of Alaska and an area off Southern California. The darker the red, the further above average the sea surface temperature. NOAA researchers are tracking the temperatures and their implications for marine life.
map.jpg

Unusual North Pacific warmth jostles marine food chain - Northwest Fisheries Science Center

Note that right off our coast is a small area of cold water. But the area that is the hottest, is right off the Berring Straight. Some major potential for effects there.

Considering it is SSDD, he is stupid as fuck. He is the one orignally stating that a photon emitted by a cool source cannot be absorbed by warmer matter.

hmmm, so an interesting thought I just had after reading the title to this thread. You know how you and yours pooh pooh North America as being ~4% or whatever of the surface of the earth so global warming concerns are negligible here vs the temperatures around the world, yet, the convection system that starts with the Pacific Ocean has to go over and through the NA continent when the wind blows. So you post how this one ocean causes global warming slowdown, thanks btw for finally admitting the slow down, I digress, and the first land mass it hits because of convection winds and rotation is NA. It would seem that NA is more significant than that there ~4% figure. thanks!!!!!

Forum List

Back