OWS deserves some credit.

So then why are they protesting wall street and not washington?

How can wall street be IN OUR GOVERNMENT if our government doesnt let them?

Seems to me YOU know nothing of the movement.

Because they are BUYING our government. Come on, you can't be this dense. They buy legislation. They buy their way into our election process. They buy regulation / policies that favor only them.

Because they are BUYING our government. Come on, you can't be this dense. They buy legislation. They buy their way into our election process. They buy regulation / policies that favor only them.

I understand. But you are actually agreeing as to why they should be protesting government and not wall street.

If you BUY something, then there must be a seller....

Now what is the best way to get people to stop buying something?

Attack the buyer or attack the seller?

Is it best to deal with the drug problem by going after the users or the sellers?

And you actually said that I cant be that dense? I mean really?

OWS deserves a lot of credit.

They put the focus where it belongs...on the people who destroyed the world economy, Wall Street.

The tide is shifting, and it's bad news for the Republicans.

Seems to me you have not been paying attention.

By the way....the people dont pay wall street to NOT be greedy.

They pay congress to ensure wall street doesnt let its greed compromise its ethics.

Congress decided to look the other way.

Why arent they protesting the people they pay who had better things to do....like attending committee meetings in the Bahamas.....

Believe me the people in Washington are getting the message.

This is the beginning of the American renaissance.

I am so impressed with the idealism of these young people.

God bless them.

So you hold the coporations responsible for BUYING what the government is giving them...even though you pay the government to do the right thing?

I mean.....are you truly serious that the corporations are at fault for being able to "buy" the people you elect and pay slaries for?

OWS deserves a lot of credit.

They put the focus where it belongs...on the people who destroyed the world economy, Wall Street.

The tide is shifting, and it's bad news for the Republicans.

Seems to me you have not been paying attention.

By the way....the people dont pay wall street to NOT be greedy.

They pay congress to ensure wall street doesnt let its greed compromise its ethics.

Congress decided to look the other way.

Why arent they protesting the people they pay who had better things to do....like attending committee meetings in the Bahamas.....

Believe me the people in Washington are getting the message.

This is the beginning of the American renaissance.

I am so impressed with the idealism of these young people.

God bless them.

if they protested washington, washington would get the same exact message.

However, the way they are doing it is having an adverse affect on innocent "non particiapnts" such as local merchants....In washington, such would not happen.

I admire their passion.....I disagree with their methods.

So you hold the coporations responsible for BUYING what the government is giving them...even though you pay the government to do the right thing?

I mean.....are you truly serious that the corporations are at fault for being able to "buy" the people you elect and pay slaries for?

Yes.

And what WAS the graffiti?

ows shit.....

so its not as if they are out doing some community service cleaning up the city...... what they did was covering their asses.

You don't know oakland.... yes they want to burn the city down... its cover to loot and rob. What wait and see...... :lol:

I do know Oakland, and yes there are citizens there who would like to burn the place to the ground. Matter of fact a member here is one is a celebrity in the anarchist crowed there in Oakland. Even with Oakland's reputation there are good people everywhere, and plenty who dont want to burn the city. Anarchist want to burn the city down, not the rest of the 99% who just want free shit. I do agree that it will get bad. But I dont believe it will be the average 99%'er. If nothing else, they just aren't that motivated.

That is becasue the "99%" is a lie. Its a sound good piece of bullshit.

What you are saying is the "99%" is either anarchists or people who want their lives for free. Ill give you that. That description about sums it up.

And I would agree. Im just saying they are not all the dirt bags burning shit, and that the media needs to get in there and expose them for who they are.

I understand. But you are actually agreeing as to why they should be protesting government and not wall street.

Is it best to deal with the drug problem by going after the users or the sellers?

We are protesting BOTH. If it were made illegal for any group money to enter into the election process and then cap the amount that any one individual citizen can donate, this would be an entirely different country.

It is because of our screwed-up election process. Those who raise the most money have the loudest voice - and then that corporate entity expects favorable legislation - that is why we were so upset about the Corporations (erm I mean Citizens) United decision . Enough is enough.

We are protesting BOTH. If it were made illegal for any group money to enter into the election process and then cap the amount that any one individual citizen can donate, this would be an entirely different country.
No...you are not protesting both.
You personally may be...

But all of the signs and slogans are anti corporations......and the locations are anywhere BUT washington.

Know your cause before you try to debate it.

Trust me, the government is not seen as the "victim" here, but as the colluder. People are protesting on Wall Street because THAT is who they feel like they have lost their voice to. They feel like the only voice that resonates with our government is big business and big money.

You personally may be...

But all of the signs and slogans are anti corporations......and the locations are anywhere BUT washington.

Yes, we are. I have been to the protests many times. They are not protesting corporations, but corporate greed and power. There is a difference.

It is because of our screwed-up election process. Those who raise the most money have the loudest voice - and then that corporate entity expects favorable legislation - that is why we were so upset about the Corporations (erm I mean Citizens) United decision . Enough is enough.

But they cant get favorable legoslation if Washington doesnt give it to them.

Let me ask you a question.......if your firend paid 10 bucks for a ticket to the Stones...and you, on the same day, paid 1000 bucks for a better ticket......would you expect a better seat?

So why shouldnt a corporation exepect favorable legislation if it pays a bigger donation? Such is human nature.

HOWEVER........it does not mean Washington needs to comply...and it shouldnt....but it does.....

Your beef is with congress......you just dont see it.

You personally may be...

Yes, we are. I have been to the protests many times. They are not protesting corporations, but corporate greed and power. There is a difference.

who gives them the power?

i understand. But you are actually agreeing as to why they should be protesting government and not wall street.

If you buy something, then there must be a seller....

And you actually said that i cant be that dense? I mean really?

it is because of our screwed-up election process. Those who raise the most money have the loudest voice - and then that corporate entity expects favorable legislation - that is why we were so upset about the corporations (erm i mean citizens) united decision . Enough is enough.

but they cant get favorable legoslation if washington doesnt give it to them.

Let me ask you a question.......if your firend paid 10 bucks for a ticket to the stones...and you, on the same day, paid 1000 bucks for a better ticket......would you expect a better seat?

So why shouldnt a corporation exepect favorable legislation if it pays a bigger donation? Such is human nature.

However........it does not mean washington needs to comply...and it shouldnt....but it does.....

Congress didn't run a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme that destroyed the American economy.

Last edited:
Trust me, the government is not seen as the "victim" here, but as the colluder. People are protesting on Wall Street because THAT is who they feel like they have lost their voice to. They feel like the only voice that resonates with our government is big business and big money.

Excuse me....but you can speak as loud as you want6...but you wont be able to make a coprporation do what it doesnt want to do.

However....

You can whisper and make congress do what you want to do.

You willl ALWAYS have more control over congress than you will over a corporation.

And there you go. Everyone is to busy kicking the ball back and forth, and not watching the scum burning dumpsters, throwing rocks, and scribbling all over the walls. Just like the republicans co-opted the tea party, anarchist are co-opting OWS.

Their bought cronies in congress and on regulatory boards. See, it goes round and round. Why do you think Enron lobbied so hard for GW Bush, for example? It's because they knew his palm was so greased that they could rape California and get away with it (well, almost).

Let's get all money out of government that does not come from INDIVIDUAL citizens. And let's cap that at $100 dollars so that everyone can have a say (that would be my plan). That is what OWS wants.

Last edited:
it is because of our screwed-up election process. Those who raise the most money have the loudest voice - and then that corporate entity expects favorable legislation - that is why we were so upset about the corporations (erm i mean citizens) united decision . Enough is enough.

but they cant get favorable legoslation if washington doesnt give it to them.

Let me ask you a question.......if your firend paid 10 bucks for a ticket to the stones...and you, on the same day, paid 1000 bucks for a better ticket......would you expect a better seat?

However........it does not mean washington needs to comply...and it shouldnt....but it does.....

Congress didn't run a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme that destroyed the American economy.

Nope....but we paid congress to make sure it didnt happen.

You are greedy...I am greedy...we are all greedy.

Do you buy from a store when items are on sale? Such is your way of allowing your greed to ensure you stretch your dollar as much as you can.....

But the truth is, congress is paid to NOT be greedy. THEY are the ones we should be protesting....not companies that are working within the law to maxinmize their eearnings....

Why? Becuase we ALL want to maximize our earnings...

But a politicians desire to get campaign funds is what allows him/her to push favorable legislation...to turn the other cheek ....

COngress is the culprit...not corporations who stay within the law and milk as dry anyway....I would expect them to do that.

Their bought cronies in congress and on regulatory boards. See, it goes round and round. Why do you think Enron lobbied so hard for GW Bush, for example? It's because they knew his palm was so greased that they could rape California and get away with it (well, almost).

Let's get all money out of government that does not come from INDIVIDUAL citizens. And let's cap that at $100 dollars so that everyone can have a say (that would be my plan). That is what OWS wants.

Bingo.

THAT is who you should be protesting.

Forum List

Back