Overpaid CEOs and Greedy Capitalists.. oh my!

austerity mess in europe,

Who is using austerity in Europe? Any specifics?
Why no one, Toddster. Go back to sleep. Easier to ignore the whole issue. Or, back to the bat shit crazy con tool web sites, Todd. They do not see any Austerity going on either.

Thttp://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2013/05/the-end-of-austerity-in-europe.htmlell me, Todd. Is ignorance bliss???
Charlemagne: After austerity, what? | The Economist
http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo......austerity-in-europe/.../gIQAQ1NsAU_blog.ht.
» Deepening Economic Crisis: Austerity Policies Heighten National Divisions throughout Europe Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Thousands rally against European austerity on May Day | Reuters
PressTV - Only Germany?s Merkel backs austerity in Europe: French minister
Anti-austerity forces in Europe raise their voices - Darrell Delamaide's Political Capital - MarketWatch

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-203209
Why is austerity so unpopular in Europe? Because it?s not working. - The Washington Post
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/eco...owne/europe-austerity-measures_b_1536318.html
Austerity Not Working in Europe: Analyst - CNBC
Austerity is not working - Time for a social investment pact - Citizens For Europe
The lesson for Obama of Europe's failed austerity | Robert Reich | Business | guardian.co.uk

Damned economists and analysts and journalists all seem to think so. And about 90% seem to say it is not working. However, most of the bat shit crazy con sites ask the same question as you!!! Can you believe it.

They do not see any Austerity going on either.

It sure is a scary word.
What does it mean to you?
Does it mean a cut in year-over-year spending?
Any of your links show that?

Or does it mean spending growth of less than 5%?
Less than 10%?
Help me see where this scary austerity is actually happening.
Thanks!
No chance. Hell, you could read the links. Or there are a number of books. But you are a con. And cons prefer to believe either that austerity is working, or that there is no austerity.
So, can I show you anything, me poor ignorant con. Of course not. You spend your time in the bat shit crazy con tool sites. That makes you, by definition, immune to discussion.
The precedence of evidence, at some point, makes it of no particular import to try to prove anything. And saying that you want anyone to point anything out to you is a dishonest statement. I see your argument. And it is vacuous.

Last edited:
Well. progress of some kind.
Before it was no difference. Now it is no difference really.

Really is used to place an emphasis on there being no difference. Again, the English Language is really not your strong suit. Stop.

See, that is the problem with talking to someone with no integrity like you. You change the meaning. What I said, me dishonest con, is that I did not check to see if there was a different domain. Because it makes no difference whether he hosts data on one domain or one thousand. Dipshit.

If you would have logged onto the website and used any of the hyperlinks, you would have seen that these 'blogs' which you claim are not part of the website are under the same domain. Of course it makes no difference to you. Every-time you are proven wrong it makes no difference. Your abject intellectual dishonesty is noted. Just stop.

Right. You are full of shit, and wasting time for absolutely no reason.

I'm wasting your time, but you've given me more than enough of your time. If I am wasting your time, you already know what to do. Simply put down the mouse, and walk away. You've been outed as an economic illiterate, poor researcher, history failure and a lair. You really don't have any more tricks up your sleeve. Just stop.

Take a look, dipshit, at what you just said. Then take a look at all of the drivel you have posted.

I don't understand what this sentence is in reference to. Maybe you should organize your responses better. Then again, why should I expect anything from someone who's post are just as organized as his thoughts. Just stop.

Nice to know you are concerned. I am retired.

Apparently, you are a lot of things. Unfortunately you knowledge does not reflect the anecdotal claims of your credentials and your maturity does not match your supposed experience. You aren't fooling anyone. Just stop.

What it does not change, me poor ignorant troll, is that he produces content that I find useful. Just as the st. Louis Fed produces content that you find useful. And he provides tools that are useful. dipshit.

Anyone can provide any tools which can be useful to anyone. What separates these sources from others are their originality. Again, I get my information from primary sources. You get your information from secondary sources. A secondary source will never hold more weight than a primary source. Just stop.

Or, I could be like you and get my information from the bat shit crazy con web sites.

FRED is not a con website. It doesn't lobby nor does it advocate for any particular ideology. Just stop.

That would be your opinion. And again, you know how much I value your opinion.

You are still defending this person. That is not an opinion. Apparently, you don't value any facts either. Just Stop.

Look, me little money changer. What I use davemanual for are specific thing. Basically, historical unemployment and historical tax data. And that data is not from some other web site. It comes from gov agencies. Always. Same place as the St. Louis Fed. Now, as a very insignificant analyst, you have decided what is the only source that you should use.

That's nice. It doesn't change the fact that it is a blog. You with your website creating experience should know that you can use Java and HTML to store these types of data on any blog. Then again, that would require to really have website creating experience. Just stop.

And now you spend your time attacking others. You really need to get a life. You look like a little toady.

Don't accuse others of what you've been doing this entire time. Remember, there are people on this forum with far better comprehension than you who can correct your dishonesty. Just stop.

And he provides data from the BLS. And from other official sites. Now, me poor pittifull little money changer, you are trying hard to say what you can that is negative about the site. For an obvious reason. But you are being totally dishonest. Here is the thing, dipshit. I have never in my life spent half the time you have looking over the davemanual web site. I only use specific tools. And those tools allow me to provide ue data, for instance, quickly. And accurately.

And again, you are still investing your time in defending the website. Although you have claimed that you are not defending the website. If you yourself claims that you only use the website for two pieces of data, then you admit that you've never examined the blog. If you did, you would know that the website is indeed a blog. It would help if you were less intellectually dishonest. Just stop.

Jesus. Most people would be embarassed to have said what you just said. I fully understand what your chart showed. I fully understand that it was not shoing dollars. Your little bitty mind apparently thinks that cost only applies to dollars. What I said was that it showed no cost in employment.

That's not what you said. Basic English fails you once more. Just Stop.

That is bs, me dear. All I have to do is take a look back at your multiple charts showing that there is a current demonstrable cost in employment resulting from the aca.

Now, that is a simple, and I mean really simple, economic statement that is the same as saying that unemployment did not increase. Dipshit. You are trying way to hard. And the statement, by the way, was exactly true.

The point wasn't to show that unemployment increased. The point of the graphs were to illustrate that part-time employment surged and full-time employment remained stagnant. If you understood economics, you could understand just by looking. But why would I expect you to understand? The mere topic just flies over your head. Just Stop.

Not funny at all. You produce a chart that shows nothing and want me to educate you on why it is nonsense. Sorry. You already have wasted too much of my time.

My charts produce everything. It's not my fault your economic understand keeps you from understanding what you are looking. Economics is just not your forte. Just Stop.

OK. good. You admit you have nothing to say, and that you simply want to waste my time. Bye Bye, now.

You admitted that you wanted to waste your time by responding to me. You already know what to do. Just stop.

Sorry, me dear. You actually have to study those disciplines to be rationally able to call yourself a believer of any of them

No you don't. You just figure out what you said for and just figure out where you align. There are test designed for this sort of thing. If you have to study an ideology in order to figure out whether or not you align with a particular one, then you are dumber than I originally imagine. It's not rocket science. But maybe to you it is.

You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. Just Stop.

You study nothing. You simply produce charts. And that is the cheap way to produce belief. Stupid. Because you are WAY short of resources.

Someone who has all the resources is way to short of resources. Can't figure out a way to identify the most ignorant part of that sentence. Just stop.

And your concepts are based on what you want to show.

I show what is relative to the discussion at hand. You talk about stimulus, I show data in regards to Government spending from a specific time period. You speak about unemployment, I show data with unemployment. You clearly don't know how to look for data, which is why you think a blog is the hallmark of economic data. Just Stop.

Funny. You voice complete confidence, but provide very, very, very little. There are sources, me dear. People and organizations that provide actual concept well spelled out and with every effort to consider all possibilities. And most have access to the resources you lack.

Good for them. Just stop.

Which is why you can not be taken seriously. And why you will never, ever be of any import.

Apparently, I care alot of is random person on an online forum will take me seriously. This person has poor spelling, grammar skills, economic understanding, historical knowledge and researching skills, but I'm suppose to care if this person takes me seriously. I don't know how I will be able to sleep at night. Although I will be sleeping like a baby in a few minutes.

Just stop. Enough...

So, Amazon, in a final blaze of glory, says:

Apparently, I care alot of is random person on an online...

Now, since you have told me you have exquisite command of the English language, I am shocked at this attempted sentence. Maybe you should chart it. I am sure, that with a chart, you can prove it was indeed perfect English.

Last edited:
I have no idea of what you are talking about here, I am sure it makes for emotive heart wrenching propaganda.... but a CEO does not control wheat markets, subsidies, or consumers.

Food prices are not rising because a CEO greedily wants more money! IF that is what you believe, you seriously need to educate yourself on how free markets work.

Before Obama, gas was under $2 a gallon, now people get laughed off the stage if they suggest we can return to $2 a gallon gas, and the price has almost doubled. Fuel cost is the #1 factor in determining cost of food. It has to be used in order to plant, grow and harvest, and then, distribute and transport. Double the price of fuel, and you guarantee the price of food will rise in accordance. The CEO of Goldman Sachs, has absolutely NOTHING to do with this!
Really?
The CEO of Goldman Sachs has no influence over "too many dollars chasing too few goods?"
Did Milton know...blahblahbla blah blahblah blah..

Like I said, I am sure it is emotive and heart wrenching propaganda.

ALL of this SHIT is designed and intended to play on the heartstrings of the ignorant. It is easily lapped up by morons who have no clue how free market capitalism works, or what it has done for our nation and the people of our nation.

The system you wish to destroy, has produced more millionaires and billionaires than any other societal system ever conceived by mankind. It has bailed out the failing economies of other nations. It has sent more humanitarian aid and disaster relief than any other. People around the globe, DREAM of coming here, to enjoy the opportunity and freedom to be successful in a free market capitalist system.

Speculators buying stocks in futures trading, are simply engaging in capitalist enterprise. If you don't LIKE what they are doing, you can pass laws to prohibit it, but be prepared to live with the consequences. There is a valid reason we allow speculation on futures, it serves a purpose and need, and you should try to pull your head out of your ass and understand it, rather than break down in emotive despair over it. People are not fucking you over! There is no concerted effort by capitalists to make you poor, it completely defeats their motives as capitalists for you to be poor.
$HIT like you have a hard time staying on topic.
Try again, $hit $tain:

What influence does the CEO of Goldman Sachs have on the Goldman Sachs Commodities Index?
When "the massive amount of money in the indexes following the oil futures market dwarfed the actual oil futures market by around 5 to 1, might that not be a case of "too many dollars chasing too few goods" causing oil prices to rise? (and not blahblahblah...)

Arrogant $laves like you like to pontificate about the glories of millionaires and billionaires while lacking the guts to get close to the social cost that comes from all those private profits. Like the Lakota reservation in South Dakota where the average life expectancy of a male is 48 years. (only Haiti is worse)

Or the old coal camps of West Virginia where cancer is an epidemic thanks to rich capitalist $hits who left behind enormous impoundment pounds filled with heavy metals and toxic sludge and the air is so badly poisoned the children go to school clutching inhalers in order to breathe.

$issies like you are the dark soul of global capitalism: All your means are sane; your motives and objects are mad, Ahab. The sooner you and yours go the way of the great white whale, the better.

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/05/20-1

Last edited:
If Aristotle Locke Jefferson and Friedman were stupid please explain exactly where or admit you totally lack the IQ to do so and have no business being here. Thanks
That Friedman guy used to be fairly influential. Big attendance at the chicago school of econ. but now, after the great republican recession of 2009 and the austerity mess in europe, not so much. And friedman is about as popular as a fart in church. funny.

Got any specifics on suicides?

"EARLY last month, a triple suicide was reported in the seaside town of Civitanova Marche, Italy. A married couple, Anna Maria Sopranzi, 68, and Romeo Dionisi, 62, had been struggling to live on her monthly pension of around 500 euros (about $650), and had fallen behind on rent.

"Because the Italian government’s austerity budget had raised the retirement age, Mr. Dionisi, a former construction worker, became one of Italy’s esodati (exiled ones) — older workers plunged into poverty without a safety net.

"On April 5, he and his wife left a note on a neighbor’s car asking for forgiveness, then hanged themselves in a storage closet at home.

"When Ms. Sopranzi’s brother, Giuseppe Sopranzi, 73, heard the news, he drowned himself in the Adriatic."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/opinion/how-austerity-kills.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Really?
The CEO of Goldman Sachs has no influence over "too many dollars chasing too few goods?"

ALL of this SHIT is designed and intended to play on the heartstrings of the ignorant. It is easily lapped up by morons who have no clue how free market capitalism works, or what it has done for our nation and the people of our nation.

The system you wish to destroy, has produced more millionaires and billionaires than any other societal system ever conceived by mankind. It has bailed out the failing economies of other nations. It has sent more humanitarian aid and disaster relief than any other. People around the globe, DREAM of coming here, to enjoy the opportunity and freedom to be successful in a free market capitalist system.

Speculators buying stocks in futures trading, are simply engaging in capitalist enterprise. If you don't LIKE what they are doing, you can pass laws to prohibit it, but be prepared to live with the consequences. There is a valid reason we allow speculation on futures, it serves a purpose and need, and you should try to pull your head out of your ass and understand it, rather than break down in emotive despair over it. People are not fucking you over! There is no concerted effort by capitalists to make you poor, it completely defeats their motives as capitalists for you to be poor.
Try again, $hit $tain:

What influence does the CEO of Goldman Sachs have on the Goldman Sachs Commodities Index?
When "the massive amount of money in the indexes following the oil futures market dwarfed the actual oil futures market by around 5 to 1, might that not be a case of "too many dollars chasing too few goods" causing oil prices to rise? (and not blahblahblah...)

Arrogant $laves like you like to pontificate about the glories of millionaires and billionaires while lacking the guts to get close to the social cost that comes from all those private profits. Like the Lakota reservation in South Dakota where the average life expectancy of a male is 48 years. (only Haiti is worse)

Or the old coal camps of West Virginia where cancer is an epidemic thanks to rich capitalist $hits who left behind enormous impoundment pounds filled with heavy metals and toxic sludge and the air is so badly poisoned the children go to school clutching inhalers in order to breathe.

$issies like you are the dark soul of global capitalism: All your means are sane; your motives and objects are mad, Ahab. The sooner you and yours go the way of the great white whale, the better.

Rise Up or Die | Common Dreams
Ah, but you must remember, the conservative tool mind does not see costs to anyone but the wealthy. So, clowns like Boss just post the standard con drivel. Available on fox or hundreds and hundreds of well funded con sites. To them, costs are what show up on the bottom line of the multinational corporation, which happen to be the very organizations that fund them and fund our politics. So, the whole concept of social costs are non existent. They do not want those costs considered. Universally hate the concept of environmental protection.
You will notice, over and over, that human misery is not a concept that they ever consider. Unless they are using the ue rate to try to beat up on politicians or political parties whom their conservative masters dislike. If you can outsource, then there is cost savings to the corporation. To hell with the thousand people that just became unemployed. Not an issue.
If the corporate entity can avoid taxes, then that is a good thing to them. Let the workers pay. If you can decrease taxes more by taking away services for the middle class, good deal. To hell with the workers. To hell with the middle class. As long as the corporation makes more money, so much the better.
So, if the wealthy can take over 90% of profit gains, and the rest of the population gets very little, that is great. Cause, you see, productivity went up. Time for people like boss, or his con likenesses, to do a happy dance. Makes no difference to him that the middle class is declining in size, and that the buying power of the middle class is declining.

Cons like Boss are simple organisms. You know that. They simply live in the world of the bat shit crazy con web sites. And spread the propoganda. No need to read, to study, or to think. Just produce a chart, say it sums things up, and move on. Always in perfect alignment with the bat shit crazy con web sites. Always. Always passes the Koch test. If it is good for the koch bros., they love it. They are simple organisms. Non-feedback organisms. And their talking points are all laid out for them.

Last edited:
I don't avoid labels. But if you feel the need to label me, at least me accurate.

I'm sure for purposes of efficiency the need to label is 100%. If not you end up debating 1000 trivial issues with the liberal side never understanding it is the same old issue: freedom versus government that they are debating. THey don't have the conceptual ability to grasp that.

So, you are on the Republican, libertarian, conservative, limited government, freedom side which is opposed to the liberal, fascist, Nazi, socialist, monarchist, dictator, despot government side- right?

Most of the so-called liberal left I encounter on message boards, are nothing more than keyboard warriors for the propaganda ministry. They go out there and bombard forums and blogs with the crucial propaganda, designed to sway the political opinions of really stupid people... the kind who download the program to "make your computer faster" or sign up to meet hot singles in their area.

These people, for the most part (there are exceptions), are so ill-informed about history, they can't fundamentally hold their own in a conversation, and they quickly resort to name-calling and diversionary tactics, designed to throw the conversation off the tracks, so they can escape. Objective reasoning with these people is impossible, it's never going to happen. All they know is, to be a good little socialist warrior, and keep repeating the propaganda, like little parakeets.

I mentioned exceptions, and there are a few lefties who frequent the board, who have quite a sophisticated education and command of knowledge regarding history and such. These are rare, but whenever you do run across one, they usually have no problem admitting they are communistic, if you catch them being completely honest.

One could take this last post and substitute conservative for liberal and right for left and it would also ring true. A lot of propaganda is issued on both sides.

Really?

Try again, $hit $tain:

No, it's blahblahblah.. It's capitalists doing what capitalists do. You don't like it because you've been programmed to detest capitalism, like a good little socialist. I don't worry about if it's "too much" or "not enough" when it's none of my business. I have confidence in the system to correct itself. I also don't believe in "too big to fail" because that's a part of capitalism too, things sometimes fail.

Let's be clear about something, punishing capitalists is not going to make people live longer, or improve societal conditions. Pay attention to the point you can't refute... Our free market capitalist system has produced more millionaires and billionaires than any other system devised by man.

Again with the emotive heart wrenching propaganda. We have an EPA, and if we can get them to stop trying to destroy capitalism by classifying CO2 as a pollutant, the idea is, for them to monitor environmental issues such as this. I'm really sorry the poor little school kids are clutching inhalers, but they wouldn't even be here if not for free market capitalism. Punishing capitalists will not make little children breathe better.

So now we're back to "global" capitalism. You see, the propagandists like "global" because it insinuates this is an "us vs. the world" kind of thing. What exactly would "global socialism" look like? The top 3 examples over the past 70 years, produced over 100 million dead people. I prefer the system which has produced more millionaires and billionaires, I think that is preferable to dying.

And their talking points are all laid out for them.

This is true, conservatism started with Aristotle so it was laid out long ago. If you have something against freedom from liberal government why tell us what it is or admit you lack the IQ for it.
We have no doubt you can take on Aristotle and Jefferson with ease!

So now we're back to "global" capitalism.

yes, too bad China was able to eliminate 50% of world poverty( 900 million people) in less than a generation by switching to capitalism from liberal socialism.

The last time I mentioned this to Geroge he said that 18 people committed suicide in China at the Foxconn plant thanks to capitalism!
He didn't care about the 900 million who avoided slow starvation. Thats liberalism for you.

It sure is a scary word.

Less than 10%?
Thanks!
No chance. Hell, you could read the links. Or there are a number of books. But you are a con. And cons prefer to believe either that austerity is working, or that there is no austerity.
So, can I show you anything, me poor ignorant con. Of course not. You spend your time in the bat shit crazy con tool sites. That makes you, by definition, immune to discussion.
The precedence of evidence, at some point, makes it of no particular import to try to prove anything. And saying that you want anyone to point anything out to you is a dishonest statement. I see your argument. And it is vacuous.

Hell, you could read the links.

Read the first one, it didn't mention cutting spending.
Do any of the others? Or are they all a waste of time?
What is austerity? Define it.......or run away. LOL!

That Friedman guy used to be fairly influential. Big attendance at the chicago school of econ. but now, after the great republican recession of 2009 and the austerity mess in europe, not so much. And friedman is about as popular as a fart in church. funny.

"EARLY last month, a triple suicide was reported in the seaside town of Civitanova Marche, Italy. A married couple, Anna Maria Sopranzi, 68, and Romeo Dionisi, 62, had been struggling to live on her monthly pension of around 500 euros (about $650), and had fallen behind on rent.

"Because the Italian government’s austerity budget had raised the retirement age, Mr. Dionisi, a former construction worker, became one of Italy’s esodati (exiled ones) — older workers plunged into poverty without a safety net.

"On April 5, he and his wife left a note on a neighbor’s car asking for forgiveness, then hanged themselves in a storage closet at home.

"When Ms. Sopranzi’s brother, Giuseppe Sopranzi, 73, heard the news, he drowned himself in the Adriatic."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/opinion/how-austerity-kills.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Is that your proof that Italy is cutting spending?

When government accounts for 50% of GDP- as it does in Italy, Portugal, France, and Greece-that's a fair indication that's what ever else is ailing Europe its not austerity.

It sure is a scary word.

Less than 10%?
Thanks!

You really read one whole article. Why, Todd. That would be an infinite increase in your education.
You are too funny, Todd. Why should I educate you. Got any money to pay me for your education. You could look for yourself. Or, you could believe what you choose to believe. That there is no austerity in Europe. That all those unemployed people just did not want to work. That the revolt underway is just because the people are stupid. Unlike you.
Here is the thing, me boy. You are missing the big point. It is not that spending has not been cut. It has. It is not that some deficits have not been reduced. They have. The point, me boy, is that the workers will not put up with it. They expect their economy to work for them, as well as the wealthy of their countries. Unlike you, who only cares that it works for the wealthy.

See how you pass the Koch test??

This is an argument you can not win. The evidence continues to come in. And the evidence disagrees with you completely. And it is going to continue to get worse for your argument. As it was bound to from the beginning.

Last edited:

You really read one whole article. Why, Todd. That would be an infinite increase in your education.
You are too funny, Todd. Why should I educate you. Got any money to pay me for your education. You could look for yourself. Or, you could believe what you choose to believe. That there is no austerity in Europe. That all those unemployed people just did not want to work. That the revolt underway is just because the people are stupid. Unlike you.
Here is the thing, me boy. You are missing the big point. It is not that spending has not been cut. It has. It is not that some deficits have not been reduced. They have. The point, me boy, is that the workers will not put up with it. They expect their economy to work for them, as well as the wealthy of their countries. Unlike you, who only cares that it works for the wealthy.

See how you pass the Koch test??

This is an argument you can not win. The evidence continues to come in. And the evidence disagrees with you completely. And it is going to continue to get worse for your argument. As it was bound to from the beginning.

It is not that spending has not been cut. It has.

Prove it.

The evidence continues to come in.

Show me some.

And it is going to continue to get worse for your argument.

My argument? What do you feel my argument is?

Prove it.
Not my job. You also want me to prove the earth is round??

Show me some.
Not my job. Read.

And it is going to continue to get worse for your argument.

Oh, just curriosity, eh. Good. You just admitted that you have no doubt that austerity exists in europe. That spending has been reduced. And that budged deficits have been reduced. Good. Welcome to the rational world.

Prove it.
Not my job. *You also want me to prove the earth is round??

Show me some.
Not my job. *Read.

And it is going to continue to get worse for your argument.*

Oh, just curriosity, eh. *Good. *You just admitted that you have no doubt that austerity exists in europe. *That spending has been reduced. *And that budged deficits have been reduced. *Good. *Welcome to the rational world.

There is a measure of relative informatiom content. *It is used in comminication and coding and communication theory. *In fact, it is used in designing computer communications like the internet we are on right now. *Technically, it is called imformation entopy.

It is really quite simple and we can do it just about anyway we like. *The basic idea is we count the number of pieces of actual information and divide by the number of characters, words, or sentences. *The bigger the number, the more information. The lower the number, the lwss information.

Now, in industry it gets all technical because a guy in China and a guy in England have to use the identical measure so their numbers compare. *Of course, when you do it yourself, you can just be consistent. *In fact, if you wnat, you can just kinda notice the general ratio. And, of course, you are free to decide what you consider to be useful information.

Why am I telling you this? *Well, in communicating, like all human interactions, there is a sense of fair and equitable. In many professional pursuits, individuals are keenly aware of this. *Time has value. Time spent reading or listening to another is time spent. *Information has utility. *Giving out information in few worda while receiving little or no information while reading much, even little, it an inequitable return. *Keep in mind that nothing divided by having to read one word is the same as nothing divided by ten words. *Bargaining, politics, sales, even cooperative endevours between technology companies consider this as significant.

Of course, at this point I'm not telling you anything you aren't already aware of. So, alot of word for something you already knew, right?

So, again why am I telling you? *Well, I've actually counted, measured and compared this kind of thing before, on this exact forum, with some of the exact folk that you have engaged with. *And they have information near absolute zero. *In fact, I've recognized that, for some posters, it is their "stock and trade." They have figured out how to present stuff so they actually never say anything but get lots of feedback. * Also, often, it isn't even info they want. *They get something else entirely. I can actually measure that too.

Take, for instance this quote;

How much actual info is there in those nine words or two sentences? *What did you get out of that exchange? (Those aren't questions to answer to me. They are not rhetorical questions either. I'm just giving you the question for yourself. I wasn't busy anyways)

And just from a sense of the feel of it, you're trade imbalance is way negative.

Now, that is not to say that you don't know this already. Sometimes we get something else out of the exchange, something more personal.*

But, you know, it has been the one thing that I have most noted.

That spending has been reduced. And that budged deficits have been reduced. Good. Welcome to the rational world.

Of course no conservative would argue that you have much capitalism and much chance of recovery in Europe when spending has only been reduced a tiny bit if at all to around 50% of GDP.

"If suicides were an unavoidable consequence of economic downturns, this would just be another story about the human toll of the Great Recession.

"But it isn’t so.

"Countries that slashed health and social protection budgets, like Greece, Italy and Spain, have seen starkly worse health outcomes than nations like Germany, Iceland and Sweden, which maintained their social safety nets and opted for stimulus over austerity. (Germany preaches the virtues of austerity — for others.)"

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/opinion/how-austerity-kills.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

which maintained their social safety nets and opted for stimulus over austerity.

of course most of Europe's government did retain its social safety net by spending about 50% of GDP!!

Greece for example had to cut back a little because it could not pay its bills; so austerity, as you call it, was mandatory. You see, there had to be an end to liberalism, you cant be a drunkin spender
forever, just till the money runs out and people won't lend to you anymore!! Can you follow that?

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow?

Forum List

Back